cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kadcyla didn't work

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Re: Kadcyla didn't work

I was same mets but for me it was docetaxel which didnt work but so far 5 months in kadcyla is stopping growth. Have faith that there will be something even if its going back to tamoxifen or letrozole

Highlighted

Thank you, it was a huge shock. Waiting on what's going to happen next. Yes the Trial will depend on if I am still HER2 + so will have to see if they will do a biopsy.

Had been on Capecitabine & Herceptin until it stopped working had 4 cycles Kadcyla, found out that wasn't working so surgery was due to be next. I didn't stay in hospital, basically turned up at hospital and they told me then it wasn't going ahead and so came home again.

You are right about pax, take what ever you need to keep you going, thank you for your thoughts and prayers, sending them to you, PM me if you like too.

🌻Katerine

Highlighted

Hello Katerina, 

I'm so sorry you are unable to have a liver resection after all. How awful and I really feel for you.

I take it you will be allowed the trial if you are HER-2? I s that right? I will keep my fingers crossed that you can take part in it anyway or that there is another trial you can belong to.

For Kadcyla to have been your last treatment, I take it that you have had only one chemotherapy so far and only H&P before that?

What a nuisance that Kadcyla didn't work. I think it's more usual for Herceptin not to work from everyone I've spoken to 😕 with SBC. 

I have only four treatments of Paxlitaxel to go and I'm getting very fed up with being tethered to a drip... but, it's keeping me alive, so... 

I will then move onto Herceptin and Perjeta but I'm scared. I get the feeling that combination of drugs only works long term for those with very little spread. Mine is in the liver, bones and lymph nodes.

I think it is mostly concentrated in the liver 😞

The chemotherapy is working but I'm scared once I come off it, everything will rage again. I do know somebody who has been on Kadcyla now for six years or more but I don't think she realises how lucky she is. I think she thinks being on one drug for so long is the norm! 

Are you out of hospital yet? Have you heard more from your Oncologist?

Do keep in touch. I am thinking of you and pray all goes well, somehow. 

Angel Eyes 🌼 ❤️ x

Highlighted

Hi Angel eyes

Well bad news on surgery, it can no longer be done as the tumour has grown and is too close to an artery. Devastated ! waiting to hear on what next plan is probably chemo.

The trial is In Manchester, not sure what will happen re that as needed a biopsy..

Cancer is confusing horrible disease , keeps changing all the time:(

How are you finding Paxlitaxol, coping ok with it and what's happening when you finish it?

Katerina ❤️

Highlighted

HHello Katherine, 

Best of luck with your operation. 

It:s great that you can have a liver resection. I think they are very rarely offered because liver tumours are often difficult to access.

I am on Paxlitaxel myself and finish this in the middle of next month. I have it weekly so the the dose is lower than every three weeks. What trial will you be on? Do you remember the name and is it in London?

Can you 'go bsck' to Kadcyla once your liver is resectioned and if you are still HER-2 positive?  It's all so confusing.

Angel Eyes ❤️

Highlighted

Hi Angel Eyes.

I am having a Liver resection on Friday, all scary but feel I have to do it. They will test for receptors once 'it's out'. In the meantime I have heard about a possible trial which depends on my HER2 status. Other than that I think maybe more systematic chemo 😞  Paclitaxol has been mentioned but not sure about that one how effective it is.

I so hope Kadcyla works for you, It's always a worry when starting a new treatment, I was never one for blogs etc re cancer, this is first time I have joined anything, so glad I did it helps if someone else out there can help if in similar position. 

Katerine 28 ❤️

Highlighted

Hello Katherine, 

Hope you are well. 

Just wondering if there is any news? I am HER-2 positive and dread Kadcyla not working.

Did you find anything out about receptor status? Biopsy? Trials? 

Angel Eyes ❤️

Highlighted

Hi Nicky

Yes I am hoping for surgery to happen and maybe they can clarify if I am still HER2 positive. So crafty it can change when it comes back. I feel for you that you have had similar to me in drugs not working 😞

May I ask what treatment you are on now and how you are coping with it.

X

Highlighted

Thank you Angel eyes.

I did wonder if the Liver Met has changed so maybe HER2 receptor is no longer positive! I have just heard from my oncologist, hoping I can have surgery of some sort to remove from Liver, praying this will happen , after that not sure what will happen, probably back to horrible systematic chemo 😞

x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi katherine

I agree with Angel Eyes, maybe see if you can get a biopsy done? I know it can be difficult to get to some lesions in the liver but it may be worth asking about. Also, as you talk of a liver met(singular) do you have any others in the liver? It is worth asking about more targeted treatments such as RFA (fashion frequency ablation) or surgery? I know when I had my resection a couple of years ago the large liver lesion they removed, when biopsied, was shown to be triple negative - something I’d never shown to be including any biopsies had. No wonder it had not responded to the hormone treatments I’d been on but had shrunk previously on chemo.

Wish you well

Nicky x

Highlighted

Hello Katherine, 

My thoughts are with you.

I'm new but wondered if it might be possible for you to be re-biopsied? Maybe the HER-2 receptor status has changed?

Don't know if it will make any difference even if it was the case? (not sure how it all works - if Oncologists are allowed to 'go back' on a drug that has not worked before - if you see what I mean?)

I'm sure other members will know the answer.

All best, 

Angel Eyes

Highlighted

Kadcyla didn't work

Hi wondering if anyone is in similar position, I have bone and lung mets that have been stable for a few years with Capecitabine and Herceptin. I am ER/PR negative HER2 positive. A scan in Feb this year showed new met in Liver, taken off Cape & Herceptin put on Kadcyla, first scan after 4 cycles showed Liver met increase, so taken off Kadcyla, really scared now.