Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letrozole/Palbociclib

8 REPLIES 8
Michy1

Re: Letrozole/Palbociclib

Hi Karen,

Thanks for replying. Have eaten a bit better today but still not loads. Am on sickness from work don’t know how they expect you to work with this. 

Michelle X

karen1965

Hi I have just finished my first 2 weeks of palb so this is my week off still taken Letrozole .like you have gone off my food have lost about 6lb in weight but I have got a bit of surplus on me lol but try to eat little an often very hard when I just feel sicky . Have been suffering with achy joints ,dry eyes ,diaorrhea an can get very tired a lot of the time .I’ve got anti sickness meds eye drops an just try to have a little nap if I can this is so unlike me but I have to tell myself Karen you have to listen to your body . I’m glad I have read your comments as it has made me feel better that the side effects are the same as you , you always wonder if this is happening for others so thank you for posting . This is such a scary time but it gives us hope when you hear of shrinkage an people saying it’s a good combo makes the side effects worth going through .Good luck an let’s hope things settle down for all of us xxxx

karen1965

Hi I have just finished my first 3 weeks of palb so this is my week off still taken Letrozole .like you have gone off my food have lost about 6lb in weight but I have got a bit of surplus on me lol but try to eat little an often very hard when I just feel sicky . Have been suffering with achy joints ,dry eyes ,diaorrhea an can get very tired a lot of the time .I’ve got anti sickness meds eye drops an just try to have a little nap if I can this is so unlike me but I have to tell myself Karen you have to listen to your body . I’m glad I have read your comments as it has made me feel better that the side effects are the same as you , you always wonder if this is happening for others so thank you for posting . This is such a scary time but it gives us hope when you hear of shrinkage an people saying it’s a good combo makes the side effects worth going through .Good luck an let’s hope things settle down for all of us xxxx

Michy1

Hi,

Is the week off Palbociclib easier, than the 2 weeks on it?

Michelle X

Michy1

Hi Cathy,

Thanks for replying. Was sickly last night but a bit better today. Didn’t expect the back pain. Made myself get out of bed today. The fact that you’ve had shrinkage spurs me on. 

Michelle X

cathyb9

Hi Michelle I’m on the same as you, I get the odd feeling sick, lots of headaches, and joint pain, but I make myself eat - bananas are good and I drink gallons of water. 
I also eat trail mix and nibble throughout the day. I find if I stay in bed I feel worse so crawl out feeling very sorry for myself and make a cup of tea - then go into my garden which makes me feel better.

Rest when you can though, as I think I can do it but my body says please stop.

I gave been on this combination since March and and have had considerable shrinkage so it works very well.

take care

cathy

Michy1

Hi Liz,

Thanks for replying. Have just eaten a bowl of berries so at least something. Got 2 different drugs for sickness and diarrhoea, been taking the sickness one. Have just shopped and got a load of healthy salad food, so should eat something as light. May take my Pablociclib a bit later on as take in just after tea a moment.

Sending hugs and kisses back.

X

Michelle

Liz0418

Hi Michelle Liz here again I found I had nausea and diarrhoea initially with palbo was on 125mg dose but got lanzoprazole for symptoms which helped. I take my palbo at night also you should drink plenty water. The letrozole can give you joints pain but I find gentle exercise helps . I think it takes your body a bit to adjust to meds so rest when you are tired also the emotional side is draining and tiring . Try little and often for food and I defo find I have gone off certain foods but try to eat as healthy as possible. Sending love and hugs and I'm a great believer in siestas xx

Michy1

Letrozole/Palbociclib

Hi,

Just started the combined drug therapy letrozole/palbociclib on Friday. Have been in bed all weekend with tiredness, pain (though this seems to have decreased today), and feeling nauseous. I haven’t eaten much since starting the drugs. Is this normal? I can live with the night sweats.

X

Michelle.