68.5K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Liver Metastasis with normal liver function results???

12 REPLIES 12
Bethy

Re: Liver Metastasis with normal liver function results???

Well for me I'm having bone scan on Friday & the PET /CT scan .. my oncologist was more concerned about my broken ribs.. 6th in 3 yrs .. and the agony in lower spine on examination... 

so sorry Blonde 123 to hear your diagnosis ... keep focusing on the advances every day that are being made .
sending you and your babies warm hugs .. just remember our LUNCH ! Xx

Blonde123

Hi Bethy

How did you get on? Mine are liver mets which I know but have changed status from the original breast cancer 17 years ago. So all so know is I am now er negative but her2 positive but he was up beat about treatments options etc but I have to start chemo which I am dreading. I do hope you are ok and you have excapsed the liver mets bit. They thought I had a couple of spots on ribs from ct but nothing on the bone scan showed anything sinister going off as yet. Big hugs I have thought about you all day.  Xx

Bethy

Thank you Gillyflower.. your reply came at just the right time .. will be thinking of you Karen tomorrow too xx

Blonde123

Spoiler
Hi
Thank you for your lovely reply, I think my brain will calm down once I have a plan in place. And fingers crossed for Bethy it isn’t that. Xxx
Gillyflower
Community Champion

Hi Bethy,

My blood results have always come back with normal liver function levels and my liver mets were found incidentally as part of a routine CT scan around March 2020.  There was never any indication in my bloodwork that there was a problem in the liver area.

Even now, I have little mets that seem to come and go in my liver, and the blood results never show anything but normal levels!  

Sending you both you and Karen big hugs, I can totally relate to how scary it is finding out you have liver mets.  However, as many people on here can tell you, the liver is a very forgiving and clever organ and there are lots of options for treating mets in the liver, so hang in there until you know the results and have a treatment plan in place xxx

Blonde123

I just read your message back I need luck but would rather have lunch than the oncologist…

FIngers crossed you will be ok, I know I have them I am just waiting to see if it’s the same we status as before. Such a shock I was originally diagnosed at the age of 37 with stage 2b in 2004. Been well ever since. I am scared but just want to get on with whatever treatment they throw at me. I will keep everything crossed for you, there are a lot of things that can cause tiredness. I wasn’t particularly tired before my diagnosis (only for 3 weeks but had covid).

karen xx

Bethy

Very tired .. both haematologist & biochemistry department that my gp contacted said "Liver metastasis " must be ruled out .. Feel sick at the thought ! Xx

Blonde123

Hi
Yes please let me know when you have been. Lunch would certainly be more preferable. How are you feeling in yourself? X

karen

Bethy

Perhaps luck would be better than lunch 🙈

Bethy

thanks so much for coming back to me . I'm at oncologist on Monday so will report back afterwards.. Best of lunch with your appointment xx

Blonde123

Hi,

I too have just been diagnosed with multiple lesions on liver a possible couple of spots on ribs 4 weeks ago. All bloods ok, I originally went to a and e for potential blood clot so Ct Scan that’s how it was found, I have no pain nothing. I was originally diagnosed in 2004, so shocked is an understatement. Oncology appointment Monday 25th for way forward as had to have a liver biopsy to determine status with it being so long. I have no answers but looks if we could be on a similar route. Xx hope you are as it’s all such a shock isnt it 

noz

Yes I did

so I had an MRI every six months to check.

as LFTs normal

oz

Bethy

Liver Metastasis with normal liver function results???

Hi ladies 

I'm wondering whether anyone has been diagnosed with liver mets having had normal liver function blood test results? 
I was originally diagnosed stage 3 Lobular in 2008. 16/24 lymph involved .. I'm back seeing my oncologist on Monday after pain in liver area .. 

many thanks .. Bethy xx