cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Living with diagnosis of bone cancer

8 REPLIES 8
Sarahs

Re: Living with diagnosis of bone cancer

Hi there thanks for the reply, It looks like I need to have some wisdom teeth out in the new year, just hope it means that I can go on medication for my bones, due chemo again Wednesday so hope all will be OK for this x

Dolly01

Hi Sarah

I hope all goes well with your teeth appointment. 
I really hope your chemo sessions are going well and your feeling ok. 

Yes it is good to read positive things on here. 

You take care, sending hugs and love xxx

Sarahs

Hi there dolly01, 

Thanks for replying to my post, I am currently on docetaxel and Pertuzunab not sure if I spelt that right, I have had 3 chemo session all together and due to have another next week, still scared about the future and hope to go on medication for my teeth will find out about this decision this week, I always try to be positive but we do have good and bad days but nice to see some positive stories hugs to you xxx

Dolly01

Hi Sarah 

I too got diagnosed with breast cancer which had spread to my bones in October this year. I’m 46, and feel petrified as what the future holds. 
I’m taking Letrozole and Pablocyclib ( not sure I’ve spelt that right ) but got very anemic a few weeks ago and ended up in hospital, having blood transfusions. I’m scared I’m never going to feel right again, but reading the reply from gillyflower ( think I got that right, I can’t look up again 🤷🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ ) I feel hope. It sounds like she is on track, I’d love to hear what treatment you are on and how your coping with it. 
take care both of you

xxx

Gillyflower
Community Champion

Hi Sarah,

Happy to chat any time, feel free to PM me.  I sometimes forget to check the forum though as being back at work has leached time out of my week so bear with me 🙂  Also as Bernard has kindly mentioned, the Breast Care Now nurses on the helpline are there for you to chat to as well for support.  I have phoned the helpline a few times now and they have been beyond amazing - they totally get the difficulties we face.  I would be lost without this forum and all the amazing people here xxx

Bernard_BCN
Community Manager

Hi Sarahs

We are sending you our warmest thoughts at this time. Please remember our teams are here and always happy to chat if you ever feel like it. You can reach our breast care nurses on freephone 0808 800 6000 (Mon-Fri 9am-4pm; Sat 9am-1pm), or even email them.

Bernard x

Sarahs

Hi there, 

Thanks ever so much for replying, if possible it would be nice to chat to you and glad to hear that you are back at work. 

Gillyflower
Community Champion

Hi Sarah,

So sorry to hear of your diagnosis and that you find yourself here too.  Sending you a big hug xxx

I was diagnosed with bone mets in January of this year at the age of 39.  My Oncologist said to me "I don't want you to worry about this, its very treatable and we can treat it on a long term plan.  We can't cure it, but we aim to keep it completely stable for as long as possible."  Of course, I was terrified and did not feel reassured by that at the time.  However, I have done a lot of learning in the past year and there is much more hope than you first think.  I am now back at work full time and living my best life now, probably even better than what it was pre-cancer.

If you want to have a chat about the diagnosis or ask any questions, please fee free to do so.  There are so many people doing well on modern day treatments and still living good quality lives.  Its the most frightening thing when you first get the diagnosis but things do settle down and you find your own way of living with it.  If you have a look around the forum, some people have been living with bone mets for years and continue to do well on treatment.  You will get lots of love and support on here xxx

Sarahs

Living with diagnosis of bone cancer

Hi dont know why I'm really posting but have been really struggling since finding out cancer has spread to my bones, scared about what the future holds for me and my family.