cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lung mets

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: Lung mets

Found suspicious bone lesions when I had a slipped disc last year in August 2018. Had PET that showed a few nodes in lungs as well. Started chemo in Feb 2019 then changed to new onco who insisted we get a tissue diagnosis. Had a lung biopsy last week and confirmed BC, but still waiting on NGS, FISH and HER2!! I'm trying not to climb the walls while waiting - get constant messages from friends and family asking for news. I'm keen to start treatment of some kind but I understand the need to find out exactly what we're dealing with first. Maybe your lung nodes are too small to biopsy?

Highlighted

Hi Liz glad the treatment you  are on is working for you.. My last scan in February was told significant reduction. But recent scan showed one lung met had grown, so reading about other peoples experience helps so much. You realise you are not alone.. Hope your treatment continues well for you. Kind regards biker. 

Highlighted

Nicky thankyou for such a positive reply that is just what i need to hear a voice of reason i really appreciate that you did 😊 my app tomorrow will hopefully be much of the same these last 2 week I have struggled to remember oncs reasons i am lucky to have the onc as seems to be in high demand!!! 

For me its learning to manage the anxiety i am lucky enough to have access to a maggies xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi mishy 

Ive read your other posts about not starting treatment yet. I would say that whatever your mets are doing they are definitely slow growing which is why your oncologist is adopting this wait and see approach. It is always scary when we are not on any treatment but, as I’ve learnt over the years of having mets, it can help just to do nothing for a while. You are being closely monitored nd at least your body isn’t being subjected to all the chemicals and side effects that every treatment involves. That’s not much help to you when you are anxious about what’s going on, I’m always like that when changing treatments and knowing the existing one isn’t being effective any longer.  If your mets were very aggressive I doubt your oncologist would be doing this.

Good luck and hope you can enjoy the time off treatment without being too anxious.

Nicky x

Highlighted

@Liz0418 wrote:

I have mets in lung and bones diagnosed in jan2018 been on palbociclib and letrezole since April 2018 and things are stable 4 of 6 tumours smaller  the 2 in my lungs both smaller so there are successful  treatments dont know about kadcyla personally although have heard of it. x good luck with treatment Liz 

Diagnosed with lung mets jan this year im still not on any treatment yet watchful waiting (worrying) last ct was 7 weeks ago it was stable my onc is reluctant to give me chemo yet my app this week has a chest xray to help monitor till i can next have a scan its not pleasant but i try to manage my worries with distractions who knows when he will start for now no treatments mean im in no mans land with this

Good luck with you treatment seems to be alot of different treatment plans being used for lung mets mine is especially diferent 😨 be interested to hear if any of you have been where i am 

Xx

Highlighted

Diagnosed with lung mets jan this year im still not on any treatment yet watchful waiting (worrying) last ct was 7 weeks ago it was stable my onc is reluctant to give me chemo yet my app this week has a chest xray to help monitor till i can next have a scan its not pleasant but i try to manage my worries with distractions who knows when he will start for now no treatments mean im in no mans land with this

Good luck with you treatment seems to be alot of different treatment plans being used for lung mets mine is especially diferent 😨 be interested to hear if any of you have been where i am 

Xx

Highlighted

Highlighted

I have mets in lung and bones diagnosed in jan2018 been on palbociclib and letrezole since April 2018 and things are stable 4 of 6 tumours smaller  the 2 in my lungs both smaller so there are successful  treatments dont know about kadcyla personally although have heard of it. x good luck with treatment Liz 

Highlighted

Lung mets

I am due to start new treatment this week kadcyla,is anyone on the same. Also with lung mets. Thank you for reading my post.