Nicky08 - please read

It is with real sadness that I tell you that our lovely Nicky passed away on 7th December. I had been friends with Nicky for 7 years, we met up several times a year in Portsmouth through our BCN Hampshire Meet Up group and all the group are devastated by her death.

Nicky’s husband emailed me:

"Nicky’s condition did unfortunately deteriorate rapidly after her ascites drain and she then spent some time in hospital and for the last 8 days of her life at the local Hospice.

It should comfort you to know that the treatment at the hospice was wonderful and Nicky passed away peacefully in her sleep with no pain, I was with her along with my daughters, and she had seen her little grandson who she adored only a few days earlier."

He will let me know details of the funeral when known as it will, due to Covid, only be for family but will be live streamed.

In person, Nicky was just the kindest, knowledgeable and supportive lady. She was diagnosed with primary in 2003 and then secondaries in 2008. Always around to answer any questions and offer help and advice - I will miss her so much. I know she has helped many of us on this forum over the years. A real privilege to have known her, may she rest in peace, free of pain xx

Hi Helen,

Thank you for informing the community on here! I have read so many of Nicky’s posts and she was clearly a big influence on this forum. Nicky always took time to answer people’s queries and questions with her vast knowledge and experience of this cruel cruel disease. 

I was massively comforted and inspired by her story when my mum first received her secondary diagnosis 5 months back. I am absolutely gutted and devastated to hear about her passing. More so than what I thought I could be for someone on an online forum. It just shows what an impact this clearly amazing woman had. I’m actually in tears.

All my thoughts, love and prayers are totally with her family at this terribly difficult time. 

Dani xx

Thank you for passing on this news, I am very saddened to hear of her passing. As previously mentioned she always took time to respond to others and offer support. I’m glad she passed peacefully with no pain. 

I will certainly miss her posts on here.

Thank you for letting everyone know this sad news. Feeling scared about tomorrow’s meeting,  I thought to check for some reassurance from one of Nicky’s posts on the forum, as I’ve done so often before. She always seemed to be able to put things in perspective and helped me to deal with this journey one step at a time. Just an inspiration for so many of us.  How we’ll miss you Nicky, for your kindness  and wisdom. 

God bless x

Hi Helen44,

I am shocked and very sad to read the news about Nicky08. She was an amazing and inspirational woman whose posts always gave me hope. I messaged her in November and she answered and supported me with her incredible advice. She was an amazing giving person and I am really going to miss her wise posts. 

I hope it is of some comfort to her family to hear what a generous, caring and thoughtful woman she was to us on this forum. 

Thinking of her family and friends at this terrible time.

Bee x

Dear Helen,

Thank you for your beautiful words and for letting us all know. I am truly sorry to hear that Nicky has passed away. I always read her posts and gained so much knowledge and information. My sincerest condolences to her family and to wonderful friends like you and the other ladies in your support group. 

XXXXXX

Nicky was a tower of strength and support to all of us here.  She will be missed so much.     I am glad she had her family with her at the end.  I will light a candle for her tonight. 

All of us in the Forum team are very saddened to hear this news.

Nicky had been active on this Forum for several years, and we know that many users found great comfort in her posts and writings. We would like to especially acknowledge Nicky’s significant contribution to our team of Community Champions over the years, sharing her experiences and making users feel welcome and comfortable.

Our warmest thoughts are with her family.

Bernard x

Dear Helen

It’s so sad to hear this devastating news! Nicky was and, even after her passing away, still will be such an inspiration for so many of us. She has given constant hope and support to everyone! My thoughts are with her family and friends in this difficult times.

Rest In Peace Dear Nicky, you will be truly missed!

Olga xx

Hi Helen,

Thank you for passing on the sad news, its devasting.  I can only repeat all the sentiment and love that has already been expressed here for the wonderful Nicky.  When I first started my journey and found this site, I remember that I had seen other cancer forums on the internet where Nicky’s name was mentioned and people redirected to this website to read her posts…its incredible the reach and impact she’s had on so many lives just by her presence online.  She was a beacon of hope at all times.  I am so deeply sad to hear of her passing, her presence will be sorely missed.  Much love and sincere condolences to her family and friends. 

Love and hugs Nicky, thanks for everything and being the insightful, thoughtful and kind person you were.  You kept so many of us going with your positive outlook and your wisdom. You will be missed by so many.  Rest in peace. xxx