Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nicky08 - please read

17 REPLIES 17
Alwayshope08

Re: Nicky08 - please read

Hi all,

I just popped on here and couldn’t believe what I was reading. I didn’t know Nicky08 personally, but since I joined the forum several months ago, I would read her posts as she was able to offer such good advice and was so knowledgable.

It also inspired me knowing that she had been living with secondaries for so many years. I just wanted to say how sorry I am to hear this news xxx

Gillyflower
Community Champion

Hi Helen,

Thank you for passing on the sad news, its devasting.  I can only repeat all the sentiment and love that has already been expressed here for the wonderful Nicky.  When I first started my journey and found this site, I remember that I had seen other cancer forums on the internet where Nicky's name was mentioned and people redirected to this website to read her posts....its incredible the reach and impact she's had on so many lives just by her presence online.  She was a beacon of hope at all times.  I am so deeply sad to hear of her passing, her presence will be sorely missed.  Much love and sincere condolences to her family and friends. 

Love and hugs Nicky, thanks for everything and being the insightful, thoughtful and kind person you were.  You kept so many of us going with your positive outlook and your wisdom. You will be missed by so many.  Rest in peace. xxx

Beebs

Such sad news! RIP Nicky08 x

I have always read Nicky08s posts - very informative and always positive.  The posts have helped me so much during my first MBC year, I cannot find the words to stress the support she provided and the hope she gave.
My sincere condolences to her family.

B

windflower

Hello everyone,

I don't often write on the forum as I have been "stable" for nearly six years and still on the same treatment, but I do read other posts and especially those from Nicky and funnyface.  I have always gained a lot from reading them, especially Nicky's, so I was quite stunned and so sad to hear that Nicky is no longer with us.  I think I thought she was indestructible!  Like everyone else I will miss her informative contributions and I also send my sincere condolences to her family and friends.  This brings home what an awful disease this is.

Love to all, Windflower

helen44

Some lovely messages on here - thank you. Nicky was such a support to many people 💞

I have some details of the live streamed funeral service for Nicky which will be on Tuesday 29 December @ 11am. Please PM me on helen44 before Mon 28 Dec 8pm, if you would to join the service and I can send you the username & password to log in.

Helen x

Message from the family -

"Nicky specifically requested in her journals to ‘Celebrate my life, please’. We would have hoped to have been able to do this with you all in person but unfortunately that is not the case, for the time being. Due to the current restrictions, we are extremely limited in numbers for physical attendance to the funeral service, however we are able to have a live webcast of the service which will also be available for the following 28 days, should you wish to ‘join us’ in remembering and celebrating Nicky’s life. The service will be webcast from 11.am on Tuesday 29th December 2020. 

Once restrictions allow us to, we certainly hope to be able to bring everyone together in memory and celebration of Nicky, next year.

Please use the following link https://www.obitus.com/  to access the live webcast of the service. For more information or to make any charitable donations, as Nicky requested, to the wonderful St. Michael’s Hospice, please use this link: https://www.dignityfunerals.co.uk/funeral-notices/07-12-2020-nicola-neame/

rosie53

I am genuinely shocked and upset to hear about Nicky passing!
She was just such a lovely person, always replied to any questions or worries we had and she was so knowledgable.

I actually sent her a private message a few weeks ago and thought it was odd that she didn’t reply which is not like her!

Sending my love and condolences to all her family.......RIP Nicky 💖 xx

Liz0418

So sad to hear this news. As previously said Nicky was a great source of comfort support and was so knowledgable.  Sending loving thoughts to her family and glad they were with her and that she was free from pain and received good care. An inspirational lady R.I.P.

Jennie60

I'm shocked and saddened to hear about Nicky. She was a tower of strength to all of us on the forum. She always knew what to say with knowledge and compassion. She certainly helped me over the last year.

My thoughts are with her family and friends. May they take some comfort in knowing what an inspiration she was to many of us. 

Lots of love 💕Jen x

Olga

Dear Helen

It's so sad to hear this devastating news! Nicky was and, even after her passing away, still will be such an inspiration for so many of us. She has given constant hope and support to everyone! My thoughts are with her family and friends in this difficult times.

Rest In Peace Dear Nicky, you will be truly missed!

Olga xx

Bernard_BCN
Community Manager

All of us in the Forum team are very saddened to hear this news.

Nicky had been active on this Forum for several years, and we know that many users found great comfort in her posts and writings. We would like to especially acknowledge Nicky's significant contribution to our team of Community Champions over the years, sharing her experiences and making users feel welcome and comfortable.

Our warmest thoughts are with her family.

Bernard x

catokitty

Nicky was a tower of strength and support to all of us here.  She will be missed so much.     I am glad she had her family with her at the end.  I will light a candle for her tonight.  

Ruby2016

Dear Helen,

Thank you for your beautiful words and for letting us all know. I am truly sorry to hear that Nicky has passed away. I always read her posts and gained so much knowledge and information. My sincerest condolences to her family and to wonderful friends like you and the other ladies in your support group. 

XXXXXX

Bee3

Hi Helen44,

I am shocked and very sad to read the news about Nicky08. She was an amazing and inspirational woman whose posts always gave me hope. I messaged her in November and she answered and supported me with her incredible advice. She was an amazing giving person and I am really going to miss her wise posts. 

I hope it is of some comfort to her family to hear what a generous, caring and thoughtful woman she was to us on this forum. 

Thinking of her family and friends at this terrible time.

Bee x

Newgrandma

Thank you for letting everyone know this sad news. Feeling scared about tomorrow's meeting,  I thought to check for some reassurance from one of Nicky's posts on the forum, as I've done so often before. She always seemed to be able to put things in perspective and helped me to deal with this journey one step at a time. Just an inspiration for so many of us.  How we'll miss you Nicky, for your kindness  and wisdom. 

God bless x

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Helen, thank you for sharing the very sad news of Nicky08 passing ❤️ Such love and kindness shone through in her posts. My 💕💕to her family. 💕💕Shi xx

ems22

Thank you for passing on this news, I am very saddened to hear of her passing. As previously mentioned she always took time to respond to others and offer support. I'm glad she passed peacefully with no pain. 

I will certainly miss her posts on here.

Secondarysister2

Hi Helen,

Thank you for informing the community on here! I have read so many of Nicky's posts and she was clearly a big influence on this forum. Nicky always took time to answer people's queries and questions with her vast knowledge and experience of this cruel cruel disease. 

I was massively comforted and inspired by her story when my mum first received her secondary diagnosis 5 months back. I am absolutely gutted and devastated to hear about her passing. More so than what I thought I could be for someone on an online forum. It just shows what an impact this clearly amazing woman had. I'm actually in tears.

All my thoughts, love and prayers are totally with her family at this terribly difficult time. 

Dani xx

helen44

Nicky08 - please read

It is with real sadness that I tell you that our lovely Nicky passed away on 7th December. I had been friends with Nicky for 7 years, we met up several times a year in Portsmouth through our BCN Hampshire Meet Up group and all the group are devastated by her death.

Nicky's husband emailed me:

"Nicky’s condition did unfortunately deteriorate rapidly after her ascites drain and she then spent some time in hospital and for the last 8 days of her life at the local Hospice.
It should comfort you to know that the treatment at the hospice was wonderful and Nicky passed away peacefully in her sleep with no pain, I was with her along with my daughters, and she had seen her little grandson who she adored only a few days earlier."

He will let me know details of the funeral when known as it will, due to Covid, only be for family but will be live streamed.

In person, Nicky was just the kindest, knowledgeable and supportive lady. She was diagnosed with primary in 2003 and then secondaries in 2008. Always around to answer any questions and offer help and advice - I will miss her so much. I know she has helped many of us on this forum over the years. A real privilege to have known her, may she rest in peace, free of pain xx