cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No evidence of active disease

26 REPLIES 26
VW nicky

Re: No evidence of active disease

Hi would like to give you more positive news too, my secondary was just in my sternum and following a sternectomy they removed all my secondary tumour with good margins. Worth looking into x

Stoney

Great news.  

Yes thanks.  No active disease thank God.  Next pet in 6 months.

Stoney

Hope scan went well 4748..   

Next PET scan tomorrow, it does not seem like 7 months.  Starting to feel anxious.

Jayne4369

Thank you for sharing this.

it certainly give us hope for our future. I haven’t actually started my rads yet a have an infection that keeps raising its ugly head. Fingers crossed it feels like it’s under control now and hopefully I will start radiotherapy next week.

I wish  you well for the future and hope you don’t have to to go through this again x

So happy for you.  I was given ‘remission’ good

news in July, I just hope and pray it is the same at my best Pet scan in February.  Do you however find that you have pain in mets sites?

Dolly01

Thank you so much for sharing this positive news ❤️ I’m so pleased for you. 
Im newly diagnosed with this, ( 7th October 2020 😢 ) and feeling so frightened. It’s all I think of day and night. I’ve got amazing family and friends around me but still feel ‘alone’ 

Its do good to read something so positive and I truly hope you carry on with good news. 
Lots of love xxxx

Jools-50

Hi westeringhome

Just letting you know in September I also was diagnosed with secondaries in spine and hip (and possibly lungs) during my treatment for primary. I was beyond shocked and devastated. However I've settled into my treatment plan (letrozole palbociclib and denosumab) and hoping for the best x

nicky08
Community Champion

Hi Westeringhome

Good idea to stop reading and quit whilst you’re ahead! There are some inspirational stories on this forum but if you dive into the big Google machine you will read very frightening, and out of date statistics. To be honest they’ve not been updated since I had my secondary diagnosis nearly 13 years ago. So give yourself time to adjust, get to grips with your treatment and read or research whenever you feel you want to. We do have an excellent Bone Mets thread which has been active for many years and is a good place to start if you wanted any advice. It also makes you aware you are not alone with dealing with this dreadful diagnosis, were all in it together.

Nicky x

westeringhome

Thank you for sharing. Having started chemo for primary breast cancer on 1st October but then received a secondary breast cancer diagnosis (two tiny lesions on the sternum) on 6th October, I am still reeling with uncertainty and fear and enormous sadness. Yours is the first post I have read on the forum and I am so happy for you. Working on the principle of quitting while I’m ahead, I don’t think I’ll read any more right now! x

Kindensurprise

Great news Pawsome xx

BobbieLew

Hi,

This is amazing and so good to read a good news story, especially for newly diagnosed people like myself who are scared by all the negative stats.

Thank you for sharing and hope the success continues 😊 xx

Ruby2016

Hi Pawsome,

I’ve only just seen your post and I am delighted for you! I feel a kinship with you as my Primary was in 2005 and my Bone Mets were diagnosed last November. I am also on the same treatment as you. Again, I’m just really pleased for you and you’re right, this will give hope and reassurance to those newly diagnosed.

xxxxxxxxxxx

BluebellTime

What wonderful news Pawsome - and from Smash too. Thank you so much for posting this, so cheering and it makes me much less scared of what the future might bring. Love Mo xx

Pawsome

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I still can’t quite believe it! ❤️❤️ And such wonderful news about your mum’s results to Smash73! Xxx

Smash73

Wonderful news! My mum is the same on treatment since January-abemaciclib, denosumab and letrozole. No active disease on last scan. 
Smash

Hannah22

Such fantastic news gives us all a lift xx

mtoner544

Fabulous news!! I’m so delighted for you. I would never have believed that this could actually occur. Marvellous Pablociclib!! Long may the good news continue for you x

Beebs

Hi Pawsome

Thank you for sharing such amazing and positive news. Long may no evidence of active disease continue! Like you, I have tolerated zoladex, palbociclib and letrozole well for the past 8 months - I just want to be ‘normal’ and so far this combo has allowed me to just do that!

Wishing you and all of us well 🙂 

B

Liz0418

Amazing news so happy for you. As you say gives us all a bit of hope and good news in the midst of all the negative covid stuff . Stay safe everyone x

Stoney

Wow...that is just fantastic news . . Gives us all a bit of hope. . well done, you must be over the moon .  .👍

Jools-50

Fantastic news Pawsome, this has definitely given me hope just starting out on these drugs x

Gillyflower
Community Champion

This is absolutely brilliant news!! So pleased for you, thank you for sharing.  Long may it continue xxx

SecondarySister

This is absolutely amazing news!!! So pleased for you!

This brings me much, albeit cautious, hope!!

My mum has just started on ribliciclib, dansumab and letrozole for her extensive bone mets! This has brought me great hope! Thank you for sharing! 🙂

catokitty

Wonderful news!  

Pawsome

No evidence of active disease

I was diagnosed last September with bone mets (extensive sternum, rib, spine and pelvis), right lung (multiple large plaque like lesions) and a large soft tissue tumour next to my sternum. This was 14 years after my primary diagnosis. I started treatment on Palbociclib, denosumab, letrozole and zoladex. My first scan after starting treatment in January this year showed a 50% reduction in my disease and since then I’ve had 3 monthly scans which have been stable (no change in my disease). Just had my latest scan results from September and was delighted to be told that all my mets have now gone. I still can’t quite believe it! It wasn’t what I was expecting after having stable scans for over 6 months. My Oncologist has said I now have no evidence of active disease. I’m also doing well on treatment and continue to live my life pretty much as I did before my diagnosis and work full time. My oncologist has credited the success to Palbociclib- so lucky that this drug seems to be getting such good results for me and that I’m tolerating it well. Hope my story gives some hope to anyone out there who is newly diagnosed. Lots of love, Pawsome xx