66460members
350322posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Once I come off Letrozole will my weight return to normal ?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Once I come off Letrozole will my weight return to normal ?

Thanks EllyH - that at least gives me some hope

Highlighted

When I came off Letrozole I lost all the weight I’d gained on it but unclear as to whether it was that or changing to Kadcyla 

Highlighted

Thank you I'll do that xx

Highlighted

Hi Secondary cancer is when the breast cancer returns in another part of your body such as the bones, liver, lungs etc.  It is then deemed treatable but ultimately incurable although some people on this site have lived with it for a long time.  If you look at the Undergoing Treatment  and then go to the Hormonals page on the forum menu you should find people on Letrozole.   I did manage to lose weight while I was on Letrozole doing weight watchers.  All the best xx

Highlighted

What is classed as 'secondary cancer' ?  I was told by the Oncologist that the Letrozole is to hopefully prevent the cancer returning.....does that help ?  Thank you  🙂

Highlighted

Hi - do you have a secondary breast cancer diagnosis? Your post doesn’t say. You have posted your question in the secondary breast cancer area of the forum. X

Highlighted

Once I come off Letrozole will my weight return to normal ?

I am 64 yrs old, had a DMX with 9 lymph nodes removed (2 were positive, the next 7 were clear), Chemo and radiation in 2018 for BC.   I've been on Letrozole for about 18 months and have kept gaining weight steadily all that time - approx 10k to date.   As I have both hips and one knee replaced I worry that all this extra weight may affect the long term life of my metal joints.  I've got a limited amount of hip replacements left as I've had the left done 3 times and the right one 2 times.    I've tried to be sensible about what I eat and don't eat anything 'bad' to excess.  What I'd like to know is :-

Does anyone know if once I'm off Letrozole will my weight return to normal ? 

I'd say 90% of it is around my middle which is a notorious area anyway for trying to get weight off .

Thanks ladies 🙂