1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIP.....YES YES YES!!

abilucy

Re: PIP.....YES YES YES!!

I was diagnosed with secondary in June, my BCN filled in the dwp firms and the money came through in 2-3 weeks. I too had mixed feelings at first but I got over that and I'm in booked to test drive a Mercedes B Class Motability car in a week or so and am quite excited! The benefit has been awarded for 3 years and I intend to apply again in 2017, maybe look at Audi or BMW next time.

Make the most of it, we deserve any bit of 'luck' we get.

X

Chocolates

Ethel - not at all. I know someone who has just been awarded hers for the 2nd time. I did say it you need to get use to the idea but please - look at the positives and how it will help you. Give yourself a couple of days and then go out and get your new car. Enjoy it Ethel - one less thing to worry about so you can concentrate on yourself. Huge hugs. PM me if you want - you know where I am xxxxxxx
rosie53

Hi Ethel, thats great news!! Don't be daft your going no where lady!!! You go and choose a shiney new car.
Love and hugs Janette x x
Ethel_horner

Hi girls, I was diagnosed 13/8/14 and called the dwp to make a claim 14/8/14. Today I have been informed I too qualify for the £81 and £50 odd level and free car tax! But I just feel like I am inches away from dying. Can anyone talk some sense into daft me? Ethel x
Desi-2

Sorry Nel x
Desi-2

Mel definately get a Macmillan adviser to help you fill it out xx
2catlady

Hi,nel,I'm not sure if your friend was a secondary lady. But a lot of secondary ladies are really having to fight for PIPs too.
It isn't just given out if your having chemo for primary ,as lake lover said your condition has to last over 3 months and I think you have to have had the disability for 3 months. Some ladies have ,bone,liver and lung mets and have had trouble getting it.
I wish you luck with your claim xxxx
Lakeslover

Hi Nel,

You won't qualify just because you are having chemo, but will if you need help with things such as preparing meals, and if you have mobility problems. If your condition is not considered terminal I think your problems have to last for at least 3 months.

It seems to be best to ask a Macmillan adviser or similar to help you complete the forms if you can.

Nel

I have just recieved the claim form about to start claim form  and will be starting chemo then radiotherapy in September.... but friend of mine applied and was told she didnt qualify ??????

Bevlaar

This whole process has only taken 5 weeks from start to finish...and thats including the 2 weeks it took to receive the claims forms in the post and then a 7 day wait to see the benefits advisor at the hosp! That's pretty good eh?
Bevlaar

Thats good to know Pam..we have relatives in the midlands that we regularly visit so thats useful! xxx
rosie53

Hey thats fab news Bev!!! Really pleased for you
love Janette x x
pam01

Hi Bev......I go backwards and fowards to Bristol  to visit my mother and to take her backwards and fowards for her treatment.......the blue badge gives free travel  accross the severn bridge which is also a big help.xx

2catlady

Yippeeeeee! That's fantastic Bev xxxx
Tracy,yours will be coming soon too.
Great news xxxxxxxxxx
Desi-2

That's brilliant Bev really pleased for you. I'm hoping mine will come through in a couple of weeks I didn't know about the car tax thing that will be a big help xxx
Bevlaar

PIP.....YES YES YES!!

Hi ladies. ...post arrived this morning from DWP to say I've been awarded the enhanced rare of £81.30 a week and mobility component of £56.75 a week .....backdated to when I first made the tel enquiry on 4 july....so total of £907.00 being paid into my bank on Monday !!!!........big big happy jig around the room😀😀!!
Also says I am now entitled to free car tax and I'd had a car tax reminder 2 days ago!
Hope all you ladies are applying for yours !!
Love hugs....bev xxx