360486posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pertuzumab

Highlighted

Re: Pertuzumab

Hi guys I'm new to the chemo herceptin and pertuzamab treatment also having the bone injection as well had Breast cancer 5 years ago now returned in bones had first chemo and treatments two weeks ago due my next one next week all being well would love to hear of people who have been through this xx
Highlighted

Hi Nicky

Great news long may it continue. Nice to hear positive results. Hope u enjoyed Spain. Hubby and I are off to Benidorm at end of this month for a week really looking forward to it. Hope weather improves in North East damp today. Hugs to everyone. Linda

Highlighted

Fingers crossed elliedog x x
Highlighted

Sorry meant to say it will be three years on h and p in September.
Highlighted

Hi Nicky. Congratulations that's great news. I've just had my yearly scan so waiting for results. Hoping to still be NED on h and p. It will be just h and p for me in September.
Highlighted

Thanks nicky it's great to hear I'm feeling a lot better now I'm off the chemo but stressing because I'm not on it lol. Your post has cheered me up because it's proof it can still work ❤❤ x x
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi ladies, thanks for the comments, it's always good to post good news as I know it helps others. In fact I'll add it to the bone mets thread as well although will obviously be repeating myself!

yes, Julie, my liver mets have continued to shrink, or disappear, whilst on the H and P element of the regime, I had hoped this would happen as I had read on this thread that this happened to some of the other ladies who started this before me. Phew, it has! Feeling well in myself and coping with the continuing treatment. Hope you are feeling stronger now you are off chemo.

Nicky x

Highlighted

Hi nicky that's fab thanks for posting cheered me up because the h and p have shrank yours without chemo haven't they ? Julie x x
Highlighted

Nicky, that is such good news 🙂 Have a happy weekend xx

Highlighted

Well done Nicky ....great news for you and you can enjoy a little vino collapso at the weekend maybe.💟💟💟
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Perjeta ladies

Thought I would get this thread nearer the top of the list by posting my latest CT results - which were great! Hooray. Liver lesions all but gone and possibly only benign now, bones still healing. Phew. Scanxiety over with for another few months.

How is everyone else doing?

And, if any ladies are new to this treatment please join in or ask any questions I'm sure one of us will be able to help.

Nicky x

Highlighted

Hi everyone I've just had my first halfway CT results and there great some of the lung and liver nodules have disappeared and the rest have shrank so I can continue on the treatment I'm so relieved. I have two more docetaxcol to get the oncologist said he's happy for me to have a extra two if I feel ok after number 6 what do you all think ? ❤ X X x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi f-j

Yes, I had the docetaxel element of this regime, all 6 cycles. If I remember correctly your Mum wasn't able to have the chemo as she had a reaction? However you must be so relieved now when you can see that just the follow on of H and P is still working well for her (and all,of us who are on it)

Nicky x

Highlighted

Did you have any chemo nicki?

Highlighted
Community Champion

Thanks stillhere 😘 Much appreciated and, yes, I'm sure OH and I will have a celebratory drink. What is doubly important though is our eldest daughter is getting married in 3 weeks so the shadow of bl**dy cancer will not overshadow the special day. A day that I didn't think I would see, especially 3 years ago when I really thought I was dying due to the heart problems I had and the fact my mets were now in my liver and I couldn't have the treatment I needed because of my heart.

Nicky x

Highlighted

Good news Nickie!! So pleased for you, that's a great scan result. You have such kind and uplifting posts, especially for new members, so it's especially well deserved and I hope you are going to celebrate! Xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hooray, results back. Bones all stable. 1 liver met no longer to be seen, 1 is now considered benign, 1 shrinking and the other stable. Btw these are all tiny as I know from previous scans. Really pleased and I found out by accident as I was seeing a cardiologist yesterday and he happened to have my report so I said 'yes, let's go for it'! Will have a chance to check/ask anything else when I get to see my oncologist next week for the official version! As to the heart, we will also have to see but so far, since dropping in function last year (which I was unaware of due to an inaccurate report) it has remained stable. As with your Mum f-j it was reading nice and high to begin with but with my underlying heart issues its no surprise it has now come down. However I am now on the local hospital radar again, having been discharged by them about 2 years ago and now have a heart failure nurse I can talk to if needed, as well as having my expert in London so I feel I'm being checked enough.

good luck everyone

Nicky x

Highlighted

Hey nicki mums heart has gone from 67 to 72 she gets checked a lot more frequently than the heart people think she should but she's part of the research group so she has to do it all frequently lol
Highlighted

Good luck for your scan Nicky! Let us know how u get on xxx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Great news fergal jay, hope Mum is feeling good about them and can relax a bit, I know how tense we all become before 'results day'. I've just had my CT scan so fingers are crossed for my results in a week or so when I next see my onc. As to the heart, I don't think my results are any where near what your Mums must be. I am being checked more frequently than usual at the moment as the EF has dropped a bit however, looking back at some of the figures I've had it does seem to have stayed in the same lowish range for some time now.

Good luck to everyone on this combo.

Nicky x

Highlighted

That's great news x x 

Highlighted

That's brilliant!!! So good to hear xx
Highlighted

Good news at results today, lesions on liver are immeasurable and heart is great
Highlighted

Well good luck with next scan let us know how your mum does fingers crossed it's shrunk more with just h and p x x 

Highlighted

She's on herceptin pertuzumab and a different hormone tablet than before as she had ovaries removed. If we could just get this flippin cancer off the liver they'd take her breast lump out but we are still working on that. But without chemo it doesn't look to be shrinking too much
Highlighted

Hey fergal good to hear from you! Good to hear your mum is doing ok and fingers crossed for scan!

I'm doing well, my scans still show no evidence of disease which is good. Had my cancerversary this week too, so that's me now a year post diagnosis! Hoping for many more xxxxxxx
Highlighted

Hi fergaljay is your man still taking herceptain and perjeta ? X x

Highlighted

Hi all mum is doing OK at the moment thanks, she had her operation to remove an ovary that kept getting bigger luckily no cancer was found so we are still battling the liver and breast. Ct scan results due end of January so fingers crossed for a stable or better.

How are you guys doing??
Highlighted
Community Champion

Bumping up for juldz

Also, how is everyone else doing? I'm doing OK on this but having a few problems with my heart function, which isn't surprising seeing as I had a lot of treatment for my heart before I could even start this regime. Due a scan early in the New Year so I will try to forget that and enjoy the festive season before the scanxiety sets in!

Nicky x

Highlighted

Hi fergal-jay you've not posted for a while. How are things - how is your mum doing xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

bumping up for julzd

Highlighted

Thanks for this Nicky. Wishing all the best to everyone on here. Picc now in place, ready for my chemo round two, horrid flashbacks of winter 2011 about to become reality all over again, and second hope where there previously was none. So here's hoping we all survive long enough for scientists to manifest cures! x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Bumping up for Pleasant1

Highlighted

Evening pertuzumab ladies, just checking in, hope.your all doing well. Please feel free to update what's happening with you at the moment. An update on mum is her ovary kept enlarging, they decided to delay her treatment for a week to take out her ovaries and fallopian tubes. Back on the treatment tomorrow and we are now waiting for results from ovary biopsy. More fear and waiting
Highlighted

Mum had a gyny appointment today thinking was just a quick internal ultrasound which has now taken a turn, although she had a marker taken on the cyst and came back OK they now have found her cyst has continued to grow and is now 4cm. They have decided to take her ovaries and folpian tubes out and will then do a biopsy on them. This has completely thrown us a curve ball as all seemed to be going well until this bloody ovary!!!! The fear of ovarian cancer is now worrying us all. Just when we though things were going smoothly
Highlighted

Thanks nicki yeah I started a new thread but not really had any responses. Mum had onc appointment this morning, she only had her last onc apt Friday when they also took bloods and did a test on it formally sorts of other things. Markers still in normal range so she is having.g a gyny apt and internal ultrasound to investigate the cyst so hopefully will be nothing worrying. Fantastic news to see healing x
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi fergal jay, great news that your mum us responding so well to this treatment. I have heard of Tamoxifen causing ovarian problems but no experience of it so can't really help. Maybe post on another thread or start another one as I expect it's mainly only those on this treatment who would be reading this thread, which limits the number of answers you may get.

On another note, I've just had my results from my CT scan done 2 weeks ago and all is stable, with bones showing healing, hooray 😊. I will need to wait until my next oncology appointment to get more accurate info but my onc just phoned me with the news as he's off to a sister hospital for a few months and I was chasing him for the report before he leaves.

Good luck to all on this treatment, hope everyone is doing well on it.

Nicky x

Highlighted

Hi all hope someone can help shed some light on this or put my mind at rest, mum has had scan results today, last scan showed enlarged ovary today it turns out it's a cyst which of course has us all in a panic. Mum onc is over the moon with how mum's liver is responding and her breast lump is classed as 'normal' what ever normal means. Mum is on pertuzumab, herceptin and tamoxifen and the onc thanks it could be as a result of the tamoxifen.

Anyone else had ovarian cysts pop up during treatment?
Highlighted

Hi Nicky08 

no I'm not on any hormone treatment - just the H&P.  Sometimes it just feels like tight muscles and not always that bad or in the same place - I'm prob just being impatient thinking I would feel back to normal so quickly after chemo finishes. 

Highlighted

Denny that's fab news. We've been told her results aren't even ready yet which is daft after 3 weeks!! The enlarged ovary is a worry but will have to wait longer and see
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi, just checking in after fergal jays role call! Yes, I'm doing Ok, or at least the CT that I'm due later today will hopefully tell me I'm doing Ok!

Just a thought to JoolsW, are you also on a hormone treatment? I am and depending on the brand of letrozole I get I can have awful aches, other than that it does take a while for the chemo to get out of your system. I didn't feel anywhere near my normal strength and energy levels until months after.

Hope Mum is OK fergal jay and maybe there's someone else who can give Mum her results, goodness knows we suffer enough with hanging around for results, the anxiety is always bad, they should know by now!

Nicky x

Highlighted

Hi 

thank you all for your replies. fergal_jay  I love your mum's analogy of walking through treacle 😆. LemonDrizzle thank you also for putting my mind at rest and Dennymac sounds like your doing well great news. 😊 thank you Julia x 

Highlighted

Hey jools! I'm still stuff when standing and I finished chemo in June too, I think herceptin can give u bone aches.

Fergal in doing ok thanks... Had my mastectomy 3 weeks ago after finishing chemo and my pathology results showed NO cancer cells in lymph nodes (14 were taken and I had an enlarged one at diagnosis) and very little cancer cells in the boob itself. That alongside last CT which showed lung mets had disappeared I'm very happy! These drugs are doing their job!! Xx
Highlighted

Hi jools mum has only ever had h and p along with pertuzumab and says she has wobbly legs, sometimes feels like she is walking through treacle (I've asked her how she knows what walking through treacle feels like lol)
Highlighted

Mum has enlarged ovary shown up on last can had another scan a couple weeks ago and should get results tomorrow but appointment has been cancelled as the oncologist is ill and they don't know when she is back!!!!! Stressing mum and all of us out
Highlighted

Fergal, I'm ok thanks. Scan time again next month so will know more then. Hope your mum's doing well x
Julia, I have joint aches and pains too, but you could still be having SEs from the Docetaxel too and hopefully they will ease x
Highlighted

Hi everyone I've finished my chemo Docetaxel in June now staying on H&P and I have a question I hope you knowledgable ladies can help me with - Is it normal to have joint aches on H&P? My hip and knee joints hurt and I feel stiff when I first get up from a chair etc once I'm moving about it eases. I feel I'm a 51 year old living in a 81 year old body.  Is this a normal side effect? Thank you so much x Julia 

Highlighted

Hi so how's everyone doing??
Highlighted

I had an internal ultra sound to pick up my polyp. I had already had my routine CT scan so they were pretty sure it was probably something like a polyp.Like Belinda says us forty and fifty somethings can get these things without knowing and they are usually harmless.
Highlighted

Thanks belinda I know I need to be so more positive. Fingers crossed for harmless