360491posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pertuzumab

Highlighted

Re: Pertuzumab

I wonder if they are thinking of something else, something harmless, fergalj, which is why they are doing the internal ultrasound. Ovarian mets can be picked up via CT without an internal. Could easily be polyps, cysts, something lots of us forty, fifty year olds have without ever knowing. Take care.
Highlighted

I really hope it's not mets to the ovaries her liver is responding well will be awful to see spread
Highlighted

I have BC mets to the ovaries, it's a place where you can get spread, have had them since 2008. Was pre-menopausal. When my treatment works well the ovaries look normal sized. Never had much in the way of symptoms, they were picked up by CT.
Highlighted

Sorry ellie that was supposed to be they are planning to do an internal ultrasound
Highlighted

She are gonna do an internal ultrasound
Highlighted

Hi fergal. I have a polyp on my ovarie which can cause bleeding from time to time. I to haven't been through the menopause and I take tamoxifen, so again I had concerns about tamoxifen causing cancer in that area. But after a long discussion with my onc I came to the conclusion that the benifits I get from the tamoxifen far way out the negatives. I asked if I would benifit from taking everything away to stop the possibility of cancer in the womb but again after discussion I felt I wouldn't benifit from this at the moment but I can always talk to my onc at a later date. Has your mums onc discussed what they will do about her enlarged ovaries or are they just going to keep a close eye on her?
Highlighted

Mum's had an appointment with the oncologist today, everything is fine except from she now has enlarged ovaries. She is on tamoxifen which I'm now worrying about as seen it can cause cysts and cancer in the ovaries!!!!

Anyone else had enlarged ovaries? Mum has not been through the menopause yet
Highlighted

Hi fergal_jay

Here's the link to BCC's service 'Someone like me' which your mum might find helpful.

https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/information-support/support-you/someone-talk/someone-me

Kind regards,

Jo, Moderator

Highlighted

Has anyone on here got bc with spread to the liver, on h and p but not had chemo please.mum's trying find someone the same as her

Thanks
Highlighted

I don't think I feel any more exhausted than any other 45 year old woman running around after a 16 and 11 year old and I work 25 hours a week as a teaching assistant.However I do try to eat well to try and give me energy and to help the drugs do their job.When I don't eat well I can feel very sluggish and lazy. If you pop into Holland and Barrett and look at their bathing treatments you should be able to see it (I've just finished mine and recylced the packaging) I've forgotten its name but the sales assistants are very helpful. I'm told that baking soda has the same ingredients in it but I don't know how true that is but I might give it a go as its alot cheaper to buy. x
Highlighted

Also what is it from.Holland and Barrett you take
Highlighted

Mum feels exhausted a lot of the time do you?
Highlighted

Hi fergal. Sorry for the delayed reply. I'm back on the tamoxifen but I have had small breaks most recently for a couple of weeks while I had my reconstruction operation. I was quite surprised how quickly the side effects of tamoxifen kicked back in again. However I was told that epson and salts can help with bone ache so I bought a product from Holland and Barrett which contains epson and salts and although not completly ache free I do feel alot better. The hot flushes are very limited at the moment but I am having hot sweats in the night but not every night. I know Tamoxifen is suppose to push you into menopause but it doesn't appear to be doing that with me as I still get the occasional period. However the onc doesn't want to take me of the tamoxifen combined with the Hand P because it appears to be keeping me NED and I hopefully will continue to tolerate this combo quite well. Sorry to go on but I hope this helps. X
Highlighted

So do you not take tamoxifen ellie
Highlighted

Hi. My hot flushes come and go. I put it down to the Tamoxifen because I have had periods of just having H and P and the hot flushes stopped plus the achy bones stopped without the Tamoxifen.
Highlighted

Tamoxifen definitely gives hot flushes! A lot of the girls I know had awful hot flushes on them, apparently some have had acupuncture and reflexology to help
Highlighted

Mum's on tamoxifen too, forgot about that
Highlighted

Hey, I get hot flushes but I'm not sure if it's the h&p or the residual effects of the docetaxel as I only had my last one 6 weeks ago. My oncologist hasn't put me on tamoxifen which stops the ovaries so maybe the h&p does similar? Not sure! Keep meaning to ask my oncologist but forget
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi
I don't get any flushes that I'm aware of or that cause me problems but I that could be because I've been post menopausal for quite a while now having had my ovaries ablated 7 years ago. I'm also on a hormonal treatment, Letrozole, so if I do get any I would probably think it's to do with that. Sorry I can't be of more help, maybe one of the other ladies may have some advice.
Nicky x

Highlighted

Hi all can I ask if anyone gets hot flushes with just h&p mum says she is constantly getting them and hasn't got an onc appointment for a while yet
Highlighted

Hi all, yeah mum is doing OK, she is just constantly exhausted and it seems to be worsening the more treatments she has although she does try to go for a walk everyday she says it feels like she's walking through treacle. She's never been able to have docetaxol so this is just from the h&p. Think she's getting fed up of hospital, blood tests, heart tests every 3 weeks but hopefully she will get used to it. Other than the exhaustion she seems to be doing OK hoping that the warmer weather is part of the reason for the zapped energy and when it gets cooler she will feel a bit better.
Highlighted

Thanks that helps a lot! I was a bit worried that I seemed to have more pain after stopping the tax and continuing on just H and P and was wondering how this could be?! Tax is the nasty one!
Highlighted

Thanks nicky. I've been noseying around some of the threads on the primary sites and I suppose all being well I seem to be doing ok. dennymac I remember getting really bad cramps in my calves and feet when I went onto just H and P and it does appear to be a side effect. I still get that feeling that a cramp is comimg in my calves (mainly at night) but then I try to move my legs or give them a little rub and it goes. I also eat lots of bannas for the potassium which I am told should help. I think some how the P effects the circulation because while in hospital they put a machine that gentally massages your calves on me to help with circulation and I didn't have any signs of cramp at all.After 2 years on H and P although I still have side effects however they are very managable and do appear to be lessening over time. Hope that helps a little.X
Highlighted

Hey Ellie I'm glad everything went well! I have to see my surgeon next week about surgery, I was secondary from the start so not sure what he is going to say... Hope they offer surgery as I think I'd rather know my primary has all been removed.. It's all so hard!!

Had my first solo H and P last week without the dreaded docetaxel and my goodness I'm SO stiff!!! I never had the tax aches everyone talks about but since last week my legs are painful (especially my calves) anyone else have this? My calves feel the same as if I've had really bad cramp and have the residual ache that lasts a couple of days.. Oh and my feet/ankles keep swelling! Other than that it's great to know I'm finished tax now... Xxx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Ellie, that's great news that you've had the op done and that you are healing so well. Maybe check out some other threads about the surgery? Or start one. Having said that there's not so many secondary ladies who've had surgery recently but a few must have had it with their primary. Depending what questions I need answers to I often check in the main forum section on treatments etc as the primary ladies post all the time about SEs, exercises etc. but I don't need to tell you that, I'm sure you know already. Btw I'm doing OK, thanks for asking us all F-G, hope Mum is as well. I'm having my H and P this Friday as well then off on holiday which I can't wait for, a bit of R and R in the sun, just what the doctor ordered, unfortunately though as it's not prescribed I can't get it for free!
Nicky x

Highlighted

Morning everyone. I'm home from hospital having had my reconstruction (well the first opp anyway).Had the muscle pulled around from the back and the flap made, however didn't put the implant in yet as the surgeon had a few problem with the muscle and the skin making the flap.However after thinking all wasn't working the consultant is now amazed how well the flap has come to life. So he's giving me time to heal then were going in with the implants.Got both drains out so starting to feel better although that area does feel tight and I do ache.Sorry just realised how much I have gone on, but I would appreciate any advice from ladies that have had this procedure done.Have still got to have my Hand P on Tuesday seems like I'm living at the hospital at the moment. Enjoy the sunshine everyone. X
Highlighted

Morning all how's everyone doing?
Highlighted

Thanks everyone! So relieved it's working! I'd convinced myself it wasn't xx
Highlighted

Hi Dennymac so pleased for you - great news - 😀xx
Highlighted

That's great Dennymac - make sure you celebrate tonight and tomorrow and the day after... x
Highlighted
Community Champion

Great news dennymac 😊 long may it continue. The good part is you've done chemo bit so now move on to the much easier to cope with H and P.
Enjoy your weekends everyone, as elliedog says let's hope there's some sunshine ☀️☀️☀️
Nicky x

Highlighted

Haven't been on here for a few days so it was great to hear all the good news. Fantastic news Lemondrizzle and dennymac this combo really is proving to be a miracle. Have a lovely weekend everyone hopefully we're in for some nice weather.X
Highlighted

Fantastic news Dennymac!  Lifted my spirits, and everyone else on here too! 

Have a lovely celebration!

Sheila x

Highlighted

Hey! Just back from clinic... My lung nodules are now gone! And the pleural effusion I had is also gone! They think the effusion was more due to infection rather than cancer so that's good! So I'm very happy! Chemo has done its job! Xxx
Highlighted

Pertuzumab

Thinking of you today Dennymac with your scan results - keeping everything crossed for you x
Highlighted

Thanks everyone!!!! Yeah Nicky I have packets of tissues everywhere!!! Hehe xx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Great news LemonD, long may it continue 😊
Good luck for tomorrow dennymac, I know what it's like waiting for the results to see if the chemo has been working but, as with the others on here I have fingers crossed that it has and that the continued combo of H and P keeps working.
Hi to all Pertuzamab ladies hope everyone is coping well with the SEs of these drugs, the running eyes are still a problem but as bad as whilst on the docetaxel. It really got me down in the end JoolsW when it seemed such an insignificant SE against all the others you can have. Be prepared to buy shares in tissues! Hope you cope OK and do ask us any questions, we've all been through it - or are going through it!
Nicky x

Highlighted

As always ladies, a big thank you for your SE experiences... I'm feeling better this cycle, and using all tips and advice.

Best wishes for Friday Dennymac!
Sheila x
Highlighted

Fab lemon 🙂
Highlighted

Hi LemonDrizzle so glad to hear H&P keeping you stable. x
Highlighted

Hey all! Jools I'm glad my post helped! There's no rhyme or reason to the side effects! Getting real scanxiety now as feeling twinges in my chest... Anyone with lung mets get twinges? Hopefully it's the chemo attacking the nodules.. Really hoping xx
Highlighted

Hello LD, excellent news! I'm so pleased for you. Celebration tonight? Hugs. Barton.x

Highlighted

Good afternoon everyone
Had results from latest scan yesterday and H&P still keeping me stable, so more positive news for those of you who are worried now the Docetaxel has stopped.
LD x
Highlighted

Hi Dennymac
I've not posted in the Pertuzumab thread before but I have in main forum - so here goes - hello I have just finished same treatment as you on Monday 6th cycle Docetaxel and herceptin and Pertuzumab (which I'm staying on) felt bit anxious about it being my last Docetaxel but lovely ladies on here put my mind at rest. I have liver Mets but mid way scan also showed shrinkage like you. I'm really writing to say thank you for listing your SE's as I had/have some of them and your thread was helpful. I started to get runny/streamy eyes last three cycles always looked like I was crying esp when I went outside! I've just started to get heavy aches legs but not all the time. Taste buds def horrid! I hope your doing well and good luck for your scan xx
Highlighted

Hey Sheila

My side effects changed a little and have just got into a kind of routine now! First cycle I had a bad mouth ulcer, thrush and dodgy tummy. As I got further on in cycles I started getting swollen ankles with the steroids and really heavy and achey legs.. Got horrible tax mouth (losing taste of everything for about a week) from the second cycle and also tended to get constipated just after chemo then really bad diarrhoea about a week in. Also started on omeprazole for awful acid reflux and don't have any trouble now. Also at about cycle 4 started getting really streamy eyes and they'd get quite gunky overnight - that's quite a new side effect, more annoying than anything!!! Hope the side effects are kind to you!! It sounds like a lot but honestly it wasn't as bad as I was expecting.. Just have to make sure if I go out I know where the toilets are!! Xxx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Great news fergal jay about your Mums results and I hope you too, dennymac, get the same good news.
Sheila, I had the same cocktail of drugs and found the first cycle the worst with mouth ulcers, aches and pains and all sorts of problems. I asked for extra meds to help with these SEs for the second cycle but didn't need them for that one or the remaining four that I had after. I found fatigue gradually built up over the 18 weeks of the course of chemo (6 x 3 weekly) as did muscle aches particularly in my legs but I have recovered well once the chemo part had finished.
Nicky x

Highlighted

Best of wishes D. Same cocktail for me, just past round 2. Can I ask, did your SEs stay the same each cycle? Sheila x
Highlighted

Crossing all fingers and thumbs for Friday dennymac xx
Highlighted

Hey everyone! So that's me had my 6th cycle of docetaxel, herceptin and perjeta and had my CT scan to see how everything has reacted... My mid way scan showed shrinkage everywhere but a small pleural effusion so I'm hoping this scan shows more shrinkage and hoping that effusion has gone! Results on Friday... Fingers crossed xxx
Highlighted

Great news for you and your mum fergal X