338600posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phood for life - Jenny Magnusson

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Phood for life - Jenny Magnusson

I’ve bought many books since my diagnosis, one or two I’ve only read a few chapters before deciding it wasn’t for me, others I read and take bits from, and then there’s the few that I go back to time and time again and Radical Remission is one of those! Personally I think it’s a wonderful book and often re read a chapter, it’s uplifting and offers hope even if you only make slight changes in your life. Kate x

I ordered Radical remissions and waiting to receive it. It was suggested by Annie Brand in her video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skiT0Vt7B8U&list=PLFL4cq5M5wSULcKsKvXBZdP18i-rTn-fc

it is an interesting story.

I wish I had watched before my aggressive chemo.

I actually bought this book and would not recommend it at all. She writes as if she is letting the reader into a secret which I felt was sensationalist and just plain annoyed me! She did not inspire me with confidence to rate anything she says. She made what I felt to be sweeping statements which I found scared me until I got a grip, went back and reread with a more discerning eye and my husband as a sounding board. 

In contrast, I am reading a few other books I have seen mentioned in these forums. They are well balanced in the way they are written and the line between personal opinion and fact feel clearer eg Radical Remission by Kelly Turner.    

one question I would ask is weather her cancer was primary cancer?

There are many alternative treatments. Weather they work or not there is no research.

I am reading this book by Dr.Mark Sircus that is about sodium bicarbonate.  There is former oncologist Dr Simoncini whose theory is that cancer is a fungus and can be treated with bicarbonate. I havent read anything by J. Magnusson but I ll have a look.

Nothing to lose.

Thank you for yiur reply. I will send this link to my cousin and ask for his opinion as I had similar thoughts when his wife told me about her friend Jenny. I presume he read the book before giving me his opinion, he is a Cardiologist and not one to be taken in by 'woo',  He said it was worth reading but that Jenny had gone to extremes to lower her ph and he would not recommend those extremes to me. 

I'm interested to know if you have read any of these other books I have seen discussed in this forum and if you have, what your opinion is on the diets and supplements I believe they may suggest. I have ordered them as am open to considering things others feel have sone merit : How to Starve Cancer; Radical Remissions; The Cancer Revolution; How Long Have I Got. 

best wishes and thanks again for taking the time to respond.

Buff

Community Champion

Sorry, but this sounds like cancer woo. It’s not possible to ‘balance’ ph levels with diet & baking soda. The body tightly regulates ph levels & any variation out of the norm would be due to a significant health condition, such as poorly managed diabetes. 
https://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk.org/2014/03/24/dont-believe-the-hype-10-persistent-cancer-myths... 

Phood for life - Jenny Magnusson

I was recommended this book by my cousin's wife, who is a friend of the author Jenny Magnusson. My cousin, who is in the medical profession, says the approach she took is very radical but is worth a look even to follow in a smaller way. Info on the book says 'Jenny reduced her tumor size dramatically in just a few weeks by balancing her pH levels with baking soda and diet! '

Has anyone read it?