cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre menopause

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Pre menopause

Hi, I’ve got lung and bone mets and my cancer is ER+Pr+Her2-.  I’m on zoladex, letrozole, denosumab and Palbociclib. I started treatment 4 months ago and my first scan post treatment has shown the treatment is working and my mets have shrunk by around 50% and disappeared altogether in some places xx

Highlighted

Hiya Pipro,

So sorry you have found yourself joining the club, hopefully you'll find lots of useful information and positive support here.

I was only recently diagnosed with secondaries with bone mets and was also pre-menopausal. I can relate to the difficulty of trying to get information on first line treatment.

So from what my Oncologist had told me, first line treatment for pre-menopausal women is hormone therapy, however this depends on your type of cancer and where your secondaries are. Mine is ER+ and HER-.

Mine had spread to my bones only so I was told Zoladex, Letrozole, Denosumab and Palbociclib and am due to start the latter two drugs in the next week. Chemo was only mentioned as a treatment if there is disease progression to liver, lungs or brain that couldn't be controlled by hormone treatment. From what I understand at this stage, it sounds like there are quite a few different options they try with the hormone therapy first.

I've asked my Oncologist about having ovaries removed as an alternative to taking zoladex, but she said there is no clinical evidence to suggest it makes any real difference so it would be down to personal choice.

Hope that is somewhat helpful and wishing you the best for the next steps of your treatment plan xxx

Highlighted

This treatment has worked well for me so far but I've only been on it for just under a year x

Highlighted

I just want to have the best treatment that is available.

I am finding it really hard to find this information..x 

Highlighted

Hi thanks for your reply. Mine is er + and HER-  also x 

Highlighted

Mine is Abemaciclib, Letrozole, Zolodex and bone strengthener, it with depend on the type of Cancer you have, mind is ER+, HER2-.

x

Highlighted

Pre menopause

Hi can anyone tell me what the first line treatment would be for secondary breast cancer(mets in bone) for  a pre_menopausal women.