Relevant books for secondary cancer

Morning does anyone know, heard off or read any books about secondary cancer?

There are loads on cancer and a huge amount on breast but most of the reviews mention they don’t cover or brush over secondary issues.  Being recently diagnosed makes me want as much info as possible. Thanks 

Hi sorry you haven’t had any replies yet.  There are a few ladies on here who have recommended books but as this has been within a thread that has nothing to do with books I have no idea where to point you to have a look!  Hopefully one of them will come along and let you know what they have found helpful.

It’s a really good idea to start a thread with this title as anyone else can search for it now and hopefully find out some useful books to read.

Nicky xx

I think I would go to the Breast cancer now nurses or one of your local meet ups and hear from those 

who know. Ifeel books can be quite slanted and biased to a point of view like websites, best to hear real life experiences. Mymeetup

in Sutton made me feel so much better and more hopeful and I can ask anything 

Hi true2wish,

I’ve bought many books since my diagnosis, straight to stage 4, over 4 years ago now, like most things some I found much more interesting and helpful than others. That said, not that many have been just about secondary cancer some, I would say, are beneficial whatever stage you’re at. Since the early days after getting my diagnosis I’ve been very interested in integrating conventional and complementary treatments, so a fair few of my books do relate to that approach, one of those is by the cancer charity “Yes To Life”, and I think it’s a very helpful book, but written for all cancer patients interested in integrated care.

Probably my favourite book, and one I constantly go back to, is Radical Remission by Kelly A. Turner, it really is (imo) a wonderful book, well and sensitively written and an inspiring read! I’ve seen a couple of others recommend it here on the forum. At the moment I’m reading, How Long Have I Got by Fi Munro, (I wouldn’t let the title put you off!) and again I’ve seen it recommended by someone else on here.

Nicky said about another thread where books have been mentioned, one is the “How To Starve Cancer” thread. This is another favoured book of mine, Jane McClelland had stage 4 cervical cancer with mets to her lungs twenty years ago, it’s her story but she does recommend re purposed drugs, supplements and lifestyle changes, that said I think it’s an inspiring read but maybe not for everyone.

Kate xx