333414posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Results Day

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Results Day

I asked for the same and I was told that to have surgery would mean coming off meds 

Thank you Liz. I hope my treatment works too and I'm still here for a long time yet! Just have days when I feel I'm living a death sentence and others I'm more positive. It's so unfair we are all in this situation..big higs to us all going through this horrible journey❤

Initially I was told I would have mastectomy only had lumpectomy 14 years ago plus all lymph nodes removed the treatment has shrunk the tumour in my breast and as was mentioned they feel surgery can lead to cancer cells being dsiturbed if it is not an encapsulated tumour although I did read a newspaper article saying treatment was more effective if lump was removed maybe worth asking . I am 19 months on and lump is definitely smaller . liz xx

I was diagnosed with primary and secondary popular at the same time, I'm on Abemaciclib and letrozole.

I still have my original tumour and lymph nodes, when I asked if they would remove them he said that sometimes when the Cancer has already started to travel surgery can open more gateways for it to do so.  I like you would be happier if they got rid of it but the research I've done on line seems to agree that doing so doesn't improve the prognosis.

Px

Thanks Liz. Thats good to hear things are stable for you. What I cant get my head round is why would they not remove the lump in my breast anyway and just treat with letrezole and treat the spread in my bones? I'm terrified this lump will spread further now! The consultant said it's important they focus on strengthening my bones first and stop further damage there but I just want this lump removing!  X

I have been on letrozole and palbociclib since secondary diagnosis since april 2018 have secondaries in lungs spine and pelvis plus reoccurance in same breast treatment is going well scan 3 monthly showing things stable. Hope you get on okay at appt Liz xx

Results given and as I thought breast cancer returned in same breast and same type ER positive. Spread to spine,shoulder and pelvis. Started on letrezole today and see Onc in 2 weeks for treatment. Monthly intravenous bisphosphonates. Still in shock I think as went straight to the pub! Feel better knowing but expecting the reality to kick in soon! Big hugs to others in the same **bleep**ty boat and thank you to those who wished me well today xxx

We all understand the impact and worry of results day ,hope the results are good 

thinking of everyone getting results today 

xxxxx

positive thoughts 

Good luck Paris.

hugs Janette xx

Yes we all understand about results day. Thinking of you 

Hi Paris

Just want to wish you good luck for today. 

Linda 

Results Day

Hello and big hugs to everyone who is getting their results today like me. I'm absolutely dreading it and so scared of what might be in store for me treatment wise and prognosis. Nothing can change the situation I'm in but trying to be positive. I'm sure I will be back on here again soon when I know what I'm facing! X