359972posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ribociclib and fulestrant starting today

Highlighted

Re: Ribociclib and fulvestrant starting today

may I ask was the polmunary embolism a side effect or the Ribociclib or is a previous condition?

Highlighted

Hi Kinden,

Good to hear your treatment is going well. I haven't started fulvestrant yet have the first on Friday. I'm on the 7th day of Ribociclib and it seems ok. I do have a cough which was very slight a few weeks ago but is very irritating now. Everyone in the family has colds so its hard to know if thats all it is. There is a slight thickening on my lung whick they said may be cancer related but the onchologist was happy the treatment plan would cover this. I'm interested in the injections you'er having as I'm breathless when I cough. Just read all of that back, sorry gone on a bit. Anyway overall i look well and am staying positive. Lots of love 💕

Highlighted

Hi Nellie,

How are you getting on with fulvestrant and Ribociclib? I have had 3 fulvestrant and am on my second course of Ribociclib, I am also on denosumab which I have had once. I have minimal side effects, was sick once then nauseous but cyclizine deals with this. 

I also have a pulmonary embolism for which I have been giving myself daily injections. I was feeling really down because of the breathlessness this caused, but now after 6 weeks I am starting to breathe easier, which making the world of difference to me, as I feel and look well. It is only just 2 months since my secondary diagnosis, so I am still getting my head around it whilst working full time and keeping things as normal as I can for my teenaged daughters.

Hope you, and anyone else reading this, are doing well

Kinden x

Highlighted

Re: Ribociclib and fulestrant starting today

Hi Nellie,

Many thanks for your message Smiley Very Happy Thank you for your advice about Letrozole, I’ve checked the box and it’s made by ‘Cipla’. It’s very early days but no side effects so far and touch wood, hope this continues!

It’s great news that my Dad doesn’t have prostate cancer but I was told a short while afterwards that he has to have an examination of his pancreas.   I know that people don’t live forever and my parents are elderly but they have booked to be away at Christmas visiting my sister who lives abroad.  If they do get away, I will tell them on their return.  

I am sending you lots of love too

xxxxxxxxx HeartHeart

Highlighted

Ruby I've just read about your CT results. I hope the meds treat you well. It's a worry how they will effect us isn't it? I took letrozole after my primary BC and it was ok. I ached quite a bit but found the brand of letrozole effected this. Dr Reddys and Accord were best for me.

Great news about your dad, relief for all the family. Are you going to tell them your news now you're on medication? The support of my family has been invaluable although I hate worrying them too.

I'm sending you lots of love. Take care. Stay positive 💕

Highlighted

I wish you all the very best Nellie with your treatment and glad you feel positive.  As you say, it may be a rollercoaster, as for any of us, but you and your hubby have had weeks of tests and not knowing and now you can start the treatment.

Very best wishes to you xxxxx 

Highlighted

Ribociclib and fulestrant starting today

So I had my final bit of biopsy result back yesterday. Was very relieved that it was Her2 negative which means I can start the plan today. I was told on the 31st of October that the cancer was possibly back. Since then it's been scans and tests and turmoil. My husband and I don't even remember November! I know it could still be a rollercoaster ride ahead but feel positive now treatment is beginning. Love and luck to all. 💕