Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SBC Diagnoised March 2021

17 REPLIES 17
Daisy1257

Re: SBC Diagnoised March 2021

Hi

I just wanted to see how everyone on this thread is doing? I know some were waiting for treatment to start.

Also Joannen66 how are you getting on with ribociclib?

X

lynnecarr

Re: IiRe: SBC Diagnoised March 2021

Daisy 1257 that is good news thankyou for sharing. I have just started my teatment so early days but these drugs give us some hope x

lynnecarr

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I too went through all the treatment 5 years ago. It has come back on my sternum. I thought it was just muscular pain. The shock and devastation of this diagnosis has been overwhelming at times. Waiting for treatment to start has been so difficult and now it has started it feels very real. Hopefully you will get treatment started soon and we can live with this. Sending lots of love ripley88

Daisy1257

Thank you Bernard. 

Bernard_BCN
Community Manager

Dear @Daisy1257, thank you for sharing your news!

Sending more positive vibes your way

Bernard

Bernard_BCN
Community Manager

Dear @ripley88, I am sorry you are going through a difficult time. I hope you find the stories and shared experiences of people on this Forum helpful.

Do you know of our team of breast care nurses at Breast Cancer Now? We have a team of friendly nurses who you can speak to if you ever need to clear anything up, or even if you were after a chat with someone who understands. You can reach us on freephone 0808 800 6000 (Mon-Fri 9am-4pm; Sat 9am-1pm). We go at your own pace, and everything you share is confidential, so please don't hesitate to be in touch.

Sending lots of love

Bernard

Secondarysister2

Hi ripely88

My advice would be... do your research into what type of breast cancer you have. For example, Her2 +, Estrogen + or progesterone + ? Is it ductal or lobular ? Then you can discuss and compare treatments. There are sooo many different types of breast cancer and even more treatment options! 

Since my mums secondary diagnosis, I’ve educated myself on her cancer and I feel so much more better about it !! Many women live a long time with the disease. They are never ‘cured’ , but continue to live life to the fullest. As if it was a chronic condition. 

My mums cancer is in her bones (one of the places is her skull). When we found this out, I really thought the worst scenario!!! The fact it was in her pelvis didn't seem to matter as much to me at the time!! When in fact, the mets in her skull wont get into her brain, they wont affect her mobility, they will have very little affect to no affect at all. Yet, the one in her pelvis occasionally causes her to be stiff and may in future affect mobility! I had no idea about anything and panicked at the wrong things!!! 

We found out, because my mum had a fractured sacrum!! They have basically cemented her back together!! Scans show stability and reduction. Once you get a treatment plan in place, you will feel better. 

I found this forum and the ladies on here to be amazing!!! It has really lifted me up and changed my attitudes towards SBC. 

Wishing you lots of love and support! Any questions, reach out! Xxx

ripley88

Hello. I had breast cancer. Went through, chemo, double mastectomy, radiation etc..I just found out I have cancer in my bones. Took some tests yesterday, bone scan and CT scan. I have a fractured rib and that is how it was found. Now I’m really scared. I don’t know anything else. Treatment etc..any advice would help. I feel so alone on this 

Daisy1257

Hi all

I have had my Ct scan results today and wanted to share the positive news.

This is my 1st scan since being diagnosed early March, I've been on ribociclib, letrozole, zoladex and denosaumaub bone injections.

I have had a partial response to treatment and the lesions in my liver have all started to shrink, they have gone down between 8 - 12mm.

The enzyme marker from my bloods has also reduced dramatically which shows the cancer is under control.

The mets in my spine were prominent on the scan but I was told this is because they are responding to the treatment.

The oncologist said they would have been happy with a stable result but it was even better news that the tumours were shrinking.

I know it's a long road and my 1st scan but it's so nice to have some positive news.

I hope this gives people a boost and confidence that these new hormone drugs do work

X

lynnecarr

Hope you get positive news from your scan. Its a lot to take in and deal with sending positive thoughts x

lynnecarr

I start my treatment plan tomorrow Fulvestrant injections denosumab injection and abemaciclib does anyone have experience of side effects x

Callion

Good luck today. I have SBC on my Sternum too (diagnosed in December). I am on Letrazole and Ibrance, get my first scan since starting treatment next Thursday. Hope all goes well today. Wxx

lynnecarr

IiRe: SBC Diagnoised March 2021

Thankyou so much .I'll let you know how it goes on Thursday hope you don't have to wait too long for scan results and you get some positive news.

Daisy1257

Hi Lynnecarr

I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis especially as you have been through this before.

I'm sure once you get your treatment plan you will start to feel a little better.

I am currently on ribociclib, zoladex and letrozole. I had a ct scan on Saturday so waiting for the results now.

I haven't had any radiotherapy yet so I haven't experience of the fatigue it can cause. I hope you start to feel better soon. Let me know how your appointment goes on Thursday.

Keep thinking positive, the treatments have come on so much in the last few years.

X

lynnecarr

Hi I too have recently been diagnosed. I thought the pain was muscular but bone scan showed up on my sternum. Completely shocked first diagnosis feb 2016 and I thought I was doing well. I see my oncologist on Thursday for treatment plan not sure what yet. I have just had radiotherapy and am struggling with fatigue.

Daisy1257

Hi there

Thanks for your message. I really hope your scan results are positive when you get them. I have spoken to someone else on another forum and she is on the same treatment as you and I. She has been on it for 2 years now since diagnosis and each scan has been stable. Fingers crossed it does the same for us. I have a scan on the 8th May so will be feeling the same as you waiting for the results.

Take care and think positive.

Xxx

joannen66

Hi Daisy,

i was diagnosed In August 2020, I had a sore under my breast and after biopsies scans etc was diagnosed with ER positive   , I have my secondaries in lymph nodes under both arms and a patch on pelvis.

Im in Zoladex, ribociclib and letrozole and tolerate it all very well, I get hot flushes and no other side effects, 

I’m currently feeling anxious as im due some scan results back any day. 

This forum is really good if you have any questions.

Take care xx

Daisy1257

SBC Diagnoised March 2021

Hi everyone.

I was diagnosed with SBC early March, it has spread to my liver, lungs, ribs and spine. The diagnosis was totally out of the blue. I had lower back pain throughout January which got worse and worse as time went on. I thought I had a slipped disc but when I was admitted to A&E the tests showed it was SBC.

I am on ribociclib, zoladex and tamoxifen at the moment. Due to start letrozole in a few weeks.

So far minimal side effects.

Mine is ER+.

Looking to chat with others on similar treatment.

I find these forums really helpful and hopefully I can support others as well.