360582posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCANXIETY!!

Highlighted

Re: SCANXIETY!!

Yes Barton, very strange about the mri hours, but someone at church this am told me a relative had one on a Subday evenng. I think mris are now the very best way to find out how active a known cancer is...my radiol manager said they can now tell if cells are active by the amou t of tluid aroubd them which makes sense because every cell excretes water to be removed by the lymphatics.. And cancer cells rapidly divide, so more water..(. Sorry to bore you.)

Moijanxx

Highlighted

Thank you all! Esp Carolyn, Barton and Ff and anyone ive missed.

Carolyn, whilst we are holding hands..all of us, we could do a dance,

you put your left leg in, your left leg out...etc

have a lovely day ladiesxx

Moijanxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

I have lost track of who is doing what. I think I need to take notes to keep it straight!  While Carolyn is busy holding all your hands, I will be running around giving all the technicians and doctors the evil eye! Good luck ladies.

Highlighted

Moijan
And others waiting for scan results ...we are holding your hand for good results.
Carolyn xxx
Highlighted

Hello Moijan, just popping in to wish you all the best for your results!

Interesting about MRI scan hours!

Hugs. Barton.x

Highlighted

Hi Marirose and Bonaresis,

thanks for your good wishesxx

im wondering tho, where they will get all the radiographers from to staff what seems to amount to two extra days per week....yes, Bonareisis....maybe they will be as unhappy as the junior doctors..at presesnt they are volunteers, but what happens at holiday times??

love and hugs both of you

xxx

Moijan💙💜💙

Highlighted

Moijan, all the best for you results and lots of hugs for the waiting period. Has anyone told Jeremy Hunt about the new MRI clinic hours? xx B

Highlighted

All the best for good results Moijan 

I had my MRI 7.pm on a Saturday night so they must be all trying to get everyone in.

Good luck to everyone waiting results Love and (((hugs)))  xxx

Highlighted

.Had my MRI This pm. Went ok, but a little nerve wracking, apparently I moved( when I was convinced I wasnt moving) and then the chest straps were too tight and I found it hard to breathe in and hold my breath.

Then afterwards, my arm wouldnt stop bleeding! I never usually have problems!

the radiogs said, interestingly, that there has been a decision this week that from now on, every evening and every Saturday there will be MRI clinics...as the demand is so very high! Well, theres a thing!

Moijanxx

Highlighted

Bumping up for karent and wishing everyone waiting for results all the best.
Helen x
Highlighted
Community Champion

Thank you for all the Birthday wishes!  Had a nice day!

Highlighted

Happy birthday, ff, and well done with those results! I agree with you, and the others, stick to a scan every three months if they will let you! I always think it's far better to know whats going on, just in case.

Hugs. Barton.x

Highlighted

FF, I just wanted to say Happy Birthday! Hope that you are doing something nice today. Your Onc sounds a really lovely woman with real empathy, so many of them don't seem to have that quality although they are super intelligent. I am sorry that you have a few worries but overall you have done brilliantly on Ibrance. I'm hoping for as good xx

Highlighted

FF ..how outrageous to say u r overweight after all the years your body has tolerated chemo, hormones and worst still steroids ...it's got to have a knock on effect ...the last thing u need is to live on lettuce and celery too!!
To b honest I fluctuate in weight a lot too ..self inflicted ..too much chocolate !!
Carolyn xx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Helen44, I'm sorry that your liver is now involved. I  do think having a plan in place helps us. I sure it scared you to hear that news about your liver, it is just awful the fear we all get. I know they decided I was stable but that area in the lung that they are watching frightens me, so holding your hand!

Highlighted
Community Champion

Marirose, Thank you for your support. I feel having the scan sooner is never a wrong choice. That way if it is the ground glass maybe we can get it under control. I was very pleased with my onc. My old Inc quit back in Dec and had been my onc for 20 years. I liked him but others loved him. I thought he was good but he angered me quite a few times. Several times he said to me I don't want to hurt our feelings but you 're a rather large woman. Yeah I know I am and I struggle so hard with this. It makes me cry typing this. Couldn't he just say you are over weight. She on the other hand was so empowering today. I was just there a month ago for a rash on my legs she had said all these wonderful things about the differences in me that she was seeing. Today again we discussed how I'm making small changes every week. I told her my weight hadn't changed now in a couple weeks. She said don't focus on the scale, focus on your changes and the differences they are making in you. She said she isnt worried about my weight because she sees a woman with a healthy glow, that stands taller, appears active, looks more toned and is happy. She said she agreed with my choices and thought I weighed them well. I left there feeling very positive about myself. I'm more than pleased with her. 

Highlighted

FF - I'm so pleased you are stable - hope the bloods get to normal soon. Happy birthday for tomorrow if I don't get a chance to visit the forum :-)))))

Helen - sorry about the new met. I also had new areas/progression after my first chemo and took a dip in how I felt until I got into the new chemo. Glad plan in place :-))

Hugs to all xxxxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

MarionP, I agree with your choice.One less med is a better thing. 

Highlighted

Hi Marion well I think no ovaries and one less medication sounds good I never ask questions just get in and out as quick as possible. Good luck with this love Julie x x x
Highlighted

Hi Julz,

Yes, the Zoladex stops the ovaries producing oestrogen so no ovaries = no Zoladex. However, your body can still produce oestrogen by other means so I will still carry on with Anastrozole to stop it doing this. My main reason for exploring this route is to have one less injection and trip to the surgery each month.

Take care,

Marion

Highlighted

Hi Helen

Sorry to hear about the new liver met but lets hope the Kadcyla I remember when NICE were going to stop funding it and a protest was set up I remember signing a petition it was said to be a very good drug. So lets hope it will be a good one for you and does it's job. Best wishes.

FF you sound as though you have a thorough onc she seems to be positive over your condition. But Stable Mable after all this time is great but I agree with you to leave the next scan at 3 months. We do live our lives from one scan to the next. Have a great Birthday and celebrate both results and birthday you deserve it.

Love and ((((hugs))))  to all xxx

Highlighted

Well FF ..sort of good and bad results but at least some areas are stable and you are enjoying quality of life ..being able to exercise etc.
It does sound like ibrance is working for you and at least now you can enjoy your birthday whoop whoop.
Will arrange a cake and celebrations in cyber cafe tomorrow for you.
Hugs xxxx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Stable Mabel with some concerns. White count a little low so not to finish this cycle palociclib. Have to have a blood count done on the 24th before I start the next cycle. My count has never done this. They scanned mg liver for a base line it is clear. Then we discussed my bone met  and getting the bone strengthening drug. Onc wanted me to think about it. We discussed I only have one, it is stable and apparently she said its been there a long time and never changed. We discussed my dental and decided not to do it at this time. We were both in agreement. Then mg lungs had a condition in them called ground glass opacity it was almost completely gone last scan. Those small areas that were left hadn't changed, but there was a couple areas that they aren't sure if the ground glass is coming back or if it's pneumoniitis. The radiologist suggested scan in 3 months, she was going to say the same thing. Then I was telling her that my O2 levels were at 100% when I was exercising the other day so she said 6 months. I told her I wanted to do 3 months because palbociclib on average works for 20.4 months and I'm concerned that those areas might be the ground glass and  I don't want to let it go that long, in case palbociclib is coming to the end. So for now stable!

Highlighted

Funnyface, hoping your scan results are good - preferably reductions! You are so lucky getting your results so quickly - I had to wait 5 weeks last time because of how my appointments fell. Sheer torture!

Fingers crossed, anyway!

Hugs. Barton.x

Highlighted

Helen sorry to read about your scan result - it's a nightmare, isn't it? I hope the new drug works for you - let us know how you get on.

Wishing you all the best.

Hugs. Barton.x

Highlighted

Helen, sorry to hear abot the new liver met but as you say, the scanxiety is over and yo have a new plan. I have another 2 weeks to wait (thats if the scan reslts have been sent to my onc) : am expecting bad news but not sure there's mch left for me to go on to. The waiting is agony isnt it...wish i was FF !!

Highlighted

Wishing you all the best for good results FF. I had my MRI results through and there's a new liver met appeared so I am switching to Kadcyla tomorrow. I am now a lot calmer now I have a new plan -I do think the waiting for results is the worst part.
Sending you big cyber hugs and a happy birthday xxxx
Highlighted
Community Champion

It's funny how some times you are more stressed than others waiting for results. I think this time because the results are the day before my b-day I'm stressing bc I'm hoping my b-day doesn't get ruined. FF

Highlighted

FF fingers crossed for you that the results will be ok my you are lucky to get them so quick saves spending so long waiting. Sending you lots of cyber positive vibes.

Love and ((((hugs)))) xxx

Highlighted

FF - Yes waiting is the worst bit, do lots of things you like doing, all the best with the results xx

Highlighted

Hi Marion great news about the scan. What happens if they remove ovaries does that mean you don't have to take zoladex is that because you won't produce easteogen? FF good luck for results . Hope everyone is doing well or feeling better Sharon I'm thinking of you hope you feel better soon. Carolyn and Janette hope your doing well. Love Julie x x
Highlighted
Community Champion

This girl wont fly! Every time I flew it killed ears!

Highlighted

So pleased at least that bit is done, FF. Now to keep busy until Thursday.....that IS quick!! Do you want to do a house swop, I'm sure you'd love England??!! xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Scan done! Answers Thursday! I don't know how you girls wait weeks for results! I remember waiting for couple weeks for my secondary dx and that was enough!

Highlighted

MarionP..fantastic news!!

FF...fingers crossed for you for tuesday.x

Highlighted
Community Champion

MarionP, I would go for the option of bye, bye, ovaries and drug!

Stresshead, Me too, scan on Tues.

Sharon, I think the drain might be good if it keeps you out of the hospital. Also can they radiate the bowel?

Off to work I go have a great dag ladies! FF

Highlighted

Brilliant, Marirose! Sorry you had such a stressful time, though.

Hugs. Barton.x

Highlighted

Great news Marierose. Hang in there Stresshead.

Had to wait three weeks for my results this time but found out today there's still no progression - hoorah! And as the hormone treatment is working at the moment, onc supported the idea of having my ovaries out so (potentially) bye bye Zoladex!

Highlighted

Marie rose, so glad to hear scan results were good. Have my ct on Monday and already in bits. x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Mariose, Excellent on no spinal compression! Long may this treatment work!!

Highlighted

Hi Marirose, yes sounds like the onc is good and nice too!

good that there is no spinal compression. Glad you are getting support re the drug

love moijanxx. 

Highlighted

Highlighted

Hello marirose
Well it sounds like you have a good oncologist and being on first name terms as well.
Reading your posts ..it sounds like taxol is helping your pain and so hopefully it will continue to do its magic for you.hopefully you will keep your hair as some ladies have.
I've popped the kettle on in the cyber cafe for you and there is a slice of lemon drizzle cake as well.
Hugs xx
Highlighted

Hi everyone thankyou janette glad I was not on my own with the cage thing.

I have just got back from the hospital having had cycle 3 taxol. When i arrived at the chemo unit they told me the Dr wanted to see me up at the breast unit. So I needed to go straight away they said they were ringing up to let them know. When I got there no one knew about it had to wait over a hour for someone to deal with it. Yes the Dr wanted to see me so I was shown into a consulting room they keep for bad news Great was it to do with the MRI from Saturday! 

He came into the room and said he wanted a quick word to see how I was getting on with the treatment my scan was clear of any spine compression. We asked about the cage he was unsure he felt it could be to help keep the spine straight. But what he was concerned about was neurological problems because I have MS this drug could make it worse and it does cause alot of problems in that area. i was given all the instructions phone here unless after 5 phone cancer hospital. I have to let him know if there were any problems and to ask to see him every 2 weeks. I will say this Mathew is on the ball and he said it was ok to call him by his 1st name.

Then back to the chemo ward I explained to the ward sister about the other place not knowing I was going. She was annoyed because she had rung them and was going to ring again to complain because it has happened before and it holds up the treatment times.

Helen the Breast Cancer awareness Day is 21st October so everyone wear pink on that day we had a big board at the Breast unit.Good luck with your scan and anyone else awaiting results

Love and (((hugs)))  xxx

Highlighted

Hi Marirose
Thank you for your reply to my post. I am so sorry to hear about your MRI experience & hope you are being looked after and getting the best treatment for you. Sending you big hugs.
My MRI is on Monday and I am dreading it -not had one since diagnosis nearly 4 years ago. Hoping that I can listen to my own music!
All the best to all you lovely ladies on here.
Helen x
PS When is secondary breast cancer awareness day 2016 this month? Probably the unlucky 13th again! I can't find anything about it.
Highlighted

Hi marierose, just so you don't feel alone, I also had the cage type thing when I had an MRI on my head last month. Not the most pleasant of things is it! As for the music and headphones you can't hear a thing can you!
Hugs Janette xx
Highlighted

Hi Marirose, I've had 3 MRIs of my head but never had a cage. What a very long session, poor you. I can never hear the music anyway (if it's offered) above the general din. I find the world is full of music I'm suppoed to like but don't. Staff are usually agreeable but obviously under pressure to maintain their schedule. Hope results are  good. Hugs while you wait. Bonariensis xx

Highlighted

How dreadful Marirose...wonder why the cage? 

i had 1 brain mri and am sure there was no cage!

thinking of you

moijanxx

Highlighted

Marirose what a stress at least that bits done.thinking of you.xx❤ Sharon
Highlighted

Hello Marirose, you poor thing! It sounds more like a torture chamber than an MRI scan! They should have let you go to the loo first! Glad you were able to hold on, but you shouldn't have had to! Glad thats over, and now just the results wait. Hoping everything comes out OK.

Hugs. Barton.x