363533posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secondary cancer cells inside the bone

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Secondary cancer cells inside the bone

Hi Tetalove. I saw your post and wondered how you are doing. I too have secondary breast cancer infiltration in bone marrow. I've been told this is rare for it just to come back there. I posted originally in March 2017 when I got diagnosed and again I was disappointed as nobody was in the same boat as me. I had weekly taxol for 18 weeks and it helped with my bloods tremendously. Platelets have recently started to drop again and on Xmas eve started weekly Epirubicin. It's such a roller-coaster of emotions. It would be good to share posts. Take care

I have posted in the infiltration thread which is in treatments and medical issues. I had a bone marrow biopsy last week and am waiting for results. Feel it is very likely to be yes as I had a transfusion about a month ago as my haemoglobin and platelet levels have been bad. I have had secondaries in Bone and liver for 6 years and have had chemo for the last 3 . Capecitabine kept me stable for 2 years till June when blood levels were falling. Ct showed stable but possible progression and last blood results showed playlets had dropped to 57. Normal is from about 100 upwards but you can't have chemo if less. I have been very tired and loss of appetite and weight. Any positive thoughts welcome or experiences too it's not easy thinking about prognosis and waiting too. Keep cheerful and live for what you can enjoy is my motto.

Thank you so much for your replies, I really do appreciate them. I think is is the bone marrow infiltration I meant to say and I got it wrong! I will have a look for that on here. I am going to try to go to my monthly group as soon as I can. I've relied on close family and friends up to now,but feel I need to reach out to others with secondaries. Once again, thanks so much for your responses. Take care to you all Chris xxx

Hi there Chris sorry to hear of your diagnosis I am probably not much help as my secondaries are in the bones ,chest nodes and liver but maybe someone will be able to help who has the same as you.I have just started on Capecitabine so tend to hang out on there and sometimes on the bone mets thread feel free to jump in and join us because we are all in much the same boat as we are all dealing with secondaries of some sort
Take care
Kaye x
Community Champion

Hi Chris
Sorry that you did not have any responses but the boards are often quiet over the weekend. Also when it something that seems to be rare (as you said) there will be even fewer ladies able to share their experiences of treatments so although I do have bone mets, and have had them for over 6 years, I can't add anything to help or advise you. Obviously we all like to be able to offer support so please don't feel you were being ignored, its the same on a few threads that get started asking for specific experiences, such as the recent one on skin mets, there's probably not so many of us who can help. I hope you do get some answers either from here, the suggested bone marrow infiltration thread or your oncology team. Secondary BC is a very isolating disease as we all are aware of and it would be awful to think that you felt the lack of response meant no one wanted to help
Nicky

Hi Chris I'm sorry but I can't help directly either but there is a thread on here " bone marrow infiltration" I don't know if it's the same thing as you describe but maybe post on that thread somebody may be able to help.

Tracy xxx

Hello.....I attend a SBC group each month and one of the ladies on the group has cancer which has gone the same way as yours. Obviously I can't speak for her but I will have a word on Friday, our next meeting.......don't know if she uses these forums but I can ask her what treatment she is on and maybe direct her to this post.....

Hi there again, I'm sorry to see that I haven't had any responses to my post except from the moderator, (thank you). I think I feel more isolated now than before I wrote my post. I'll let people know how it's going for me and perhaps someone might join in as time goes by?
Take care, Tetalove (Chris) xx

Hi tetalove

I'm sorry to read of your recent diganosis. Whilst you are waiting for the other users to reply you might find it helpful to talk things through with a member of staff on the helpline.  Here you can share your thoughts and concerns with someone who will offer you a listening ear as well as emotional support and practial information.  The number to call is 0808 800 6000 and lines are open weekdays 9 to 5pm and Saturday

10 to 2pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator  

Secondary cancer cells inside the bone

Hi everyone this is my first post although I have followed the threads on this site for almost 2 years since I was diagnosed with secondary BC in the bone, with just a mm nodule on my lung which hasn't changed. However, I have just been told that the BC has infiltrated the bone and is attacking my healthy blood celIs. I start chemo tomorrow. Epirubicin, weekly for 6 months and if this is successful, which I was told is hopeful. I understand this is rare, but I thought I would be able to find at least a thread about it, but I can't. Is there anyone out there with the same or similar diagnosis as me? Someone I can just exchange threads with. I'm really scared and my family don't know how scared I am. Tetalove x