cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spine radiotherapy

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Spine radiotherapy

Thanks Wendy glad to know others have had similar experience with this.Nurse I saw today said she hadn’t come across anyone else this had happened to .hope all going well for you Didi

Highlighted

Hi 

I had radio to pelvis and spine with 5 day treatment and 1 blast respectively . The 1 blast caused me to vomit. The radiotherapist said the doseage of the 1 blast in my spine would probably have been better split over a longer period with smaller blasts. So we know next time.

Hope all works out 

Wendy x

Highlighted

Really sorry to hear that but it’s early days, hopefully things will settle down for you, Kx

Highlighted

Hi Kate thanks for your reply.Glad the radiotherapy helped your friend.I had mine done on Monday and within an hour I was vomiting and my pain has increased a lot sadly.Have had 3 and a half hours sleep in 2 nights as can’t find a position to lie/sit in that helps.A nurse has been to see me from hospice outreach team today and has suggested steroids and a pain patch to calm things.  down. so hopefully my gp will prescribe them and they will help.Hopefully my side effects will subside soon and the treatment will have worked.take care Didi

Highlighted

Hi Didi,

I cannot speak from personal experience but have a friend who had very similar symptoms and had just one single treatment of radiotherapy and she had a very positive result, no after effects worth mentioning, all her pain subsided, and her follow up scan was very good. 

Kate x

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi didi62,

I noticed that you haven't had a reply yet - hopefully someone will reply to your message soon and share their own experience.

Take care,

Best wishes,

Manon,

Breast Cancer Care

Highlighted

Spine radiotherapy

Hi has anyone experienced radiotherapy for spine mets?How was your experience and recovery?

I was only meant to have 1 tiny Met in  spine since 2017.it had never caused me any problems until last week when I got very sore hips and then awful lower back pain.It got so bad on Saturday I was admitted to hospital for 3 days as they feared I had spinal compression.An emergency mri ruled that out thankfully.Saw oncologist today who recommended a single blast of radiotherapy to try and relieve it.Just looking for anyone’s experience of this.Did it help you?Many thanks for any responses 

Didi