cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling.

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted

Re: Struggling.

As I was coming up to my first 3/12 scan since starting treatment my thoughts were running away with me to. Anxiety was through the roof, even sitting waiting to called at my appointment. BUT all was well lesions shrinking everything heading in the right direction. Just got corona to worry bout now like .. always something. Fingers crossed my appointment goes ahead on Friday. Xxx

Highlighted

Good luck anyway 

Highlighted

Hi norma

No not the same Yorkie. Sorry.

Highlighted

hi are you the same Yorkie that had BC in2012? I remember the name when I was on this site before ? 
sending big hugs I was told last Monday I have on

my collar bone waiting for tests 

Highlighted

Hi Lollypop

I can only echo J’s comments.

For me getting outside is what gives me strength although I realise that’s not always as easy said as done if you’re self-isolating with symptoms or you don’t have a garden.

My kids are older than yours so no longer (so) demanding (my eldest is 22 still living (now working) at home and the other is 19 and going to be picked up from Uni on Saturday to come home for the foreseeable future) We’ve decided to make the most of this “bonus time” we’ve got together on baking, cooking and Monopoly - not sure how long that will last 🙄!!! I’ve told them I’m packing the years I’m not going to have into these next few months.

I’m sorry I can’t offer you a magic remedy but please realise that there’s lots of us out here that care.

Sending you love and strength. 

Daffodil 🌼 xxx

Highlighted

Hey lollipop, sending you a huge hug.

It is hugely unfair this horrible disease and living with it is really tough at times, I have really bad days BUT also really good days too, I have been living with secondaries 6 years now and recently with progression which has been especially hard.

You are very young and have two lovely young children and I know that must be very tough but please don’t let cancer rule your life, I get the self isolation I was also told by onc this week to stay away from work and social distancing and already it’s driving me crazy, it’s a nice day here today in Manchester and I am going to go for a nice walk and get some fresh air.

Take your children out and have some fun with them, you are fine to go out in open spaces (unless you have symptoms) 

Hope this helps and as I have said before you can PM me anytime if you are struggling and need to sound off!

hugs J xx

Highlighted

Hi Lollypop

I've had a wobbly day today, I think it's a sign of the times. 

What I wouldn't give to go back to worrying about my gas bill and missing my MOT 🤣 

Are you following secondary sisters on Insta? Or on Twitter? I've been in touch with them and Trekstock who specifically look after us younger women who have been diagnosed with cancer. 

Stay strong and remember tomorrow is a new day. Sending you a big hug xx

Highlighted

There are so many ladies living amazing lives and for a long time and I know I’m being given the best treatment plan i can get which I’m so grateful for. I certainly need a boost but I never ever allow myself to think I will get good news as if I don’t it will break me completely. I hope your staying safe xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

I think everyone is in a state of panic and chaos at the moment which really doesn't help .Ive been on this forum for 5 years now and there has been so much progress the treatments of secondaries Its amazing .I hope you get some positive news soon to give you a boost .

Highlighted

Hi jill1998,

thank you for your positive reply, I do think this corona virus is sending me into a panic which doesn’t help. I do have times it’s not on my mind but not for long enough sadly, I read so many positive stories but I can’t see it ever being me that has one to tell one day as my news has always been so bad. I’m thinking my meds aren’t going to work and it’s spreading all over the place. X

Highlighted
Community Champion

Come talk on here to help relieve your anxiety -it does help to just write it down and get it out there .

Highlighted
Community Champion

Sending you a big hug .Its so difficult at the moment having additional health needs amidst all the chaos -there are lots of ladies on this forum living full lives ,working and having some sort of normality for many years after diagnosis . 

Highlighted

Struggling.

Hi ladies/gents 

I need some positive stories, I’m rally struggling today and I’ve been crying most of the day and I can’t shake it. I’ve been stuck inside due to self isolation and I’ve had to much time to think about my diagnoses and it’s really really got me down, I’ve tried to do things to take my mind off it but i just can’t 😢 this is horrendously unfair on all of us and I’m not sure I will ever be ok with my new normal as for me and I’m sure all of you this is far from normal. Sorry to bring you all down I’m just really in a bad way today xx