cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What’s your paclitaxel schedule

16 REPLIES 16
feelthefear

Re: What’s your paclitaxel schedule

Absolutely, we have to live or what’s the point. Here’s hoping taxol is good to us and we both get away. I’m not going far but really looking forward to it xxx

Alwayshope08

Hi feelthefear,

Glad that your liver enzymes are slowly improving. That must be a good sign 😊 sounds like the side effects are minimal too, so that is a big bonus.

I have had 4 weeks off (not planned), so yes, I would say that is possible if they’re happy. I’ll be asking for a week off in August as we want to go away in the UK, so I  am hoping this is possible. After all, we still need to live a life don’t we. 

I hope you get your week off too. Take care xx

Alwayshope08

Hi Angel Eyes,

Just plodding on with Paclitaxel for now. I’ve had hormone treatment and got 12 months out of it, so not sure what is after Paclitaxel.
I don’t look that far ahead to be honest, as long as the current treatment is doing it’s job, I just plod on.

Hope you’re doing ok with your treatment xx

feelthefear

It’s great to hear paclitaxol is working so well for you.
I’m now on Abraxane (same drug, prepared in a different solution) as I had a nasty reaction to my 3rd paclitaxol. Apart from being tired the day after treatment the SEs are minimal. My liver enzymes are slowly improving, so I’m hoping this is a good sign. 
have you ever had a week off treatment? I’m going away at the end of may and would like to take that week off so I don’t have to travel back home for treatment. Wondering if anyone else has done this. 
xxx

Angel Eyes

Hi Alwayshope, 

Great that you are holding up so well with the Paxlitaxel.

It's an effective chemo. So pleased your side effects are not too bad and great news about the hair. Is there another treatment you can have after this? Targeted? Hormone?

Angel Eyes x

Alwayshope08

Hi feelthefear,

Just read your post and I’ve just had weekly cycle 29 of Paclitaxel. I am on it until it stops being effective or the side effects become too much. I had a 20% dose reduction after cycle 15, as the peripheral neuropathy was hard going. I’ve found wearing ice socks on my feet and ice wraps on my hands during treatment helps. The neuropathy is still there, but definitely not as bad. I am sporting a bit of hair now, due to the 20% reduction in dose. I look like a spring chick! Hair not long enough to go without a cap yet though.

It has worked so far for me as there has been a significant reduction in my abdomen and liver lesion has halved. I hope it’s very effective for you too. Best wishes xxx

feelthefear

Me too. Liver enzymes came down for about a month before they crept back up again. It was keeping my original liver mets stable but new ones were growing. 

minniem

Hi

how long were you on Eribulin as I only managed a few cycles before it stopped working 

feelthefear

Paclitaxel is known to mess with liver enzymes, so if they’re coming down anyway, I’d think that’s a good sign 🤞

I had mine taken yesterday, but don’t have the results back yet. I’m hoping they come down enough that I can access a clinical trial  

I haven’t bothered with cold cap this time around as it’s just too long spend on the Chemo ward. 
Good luck to both of us 🤞 

schmooley

That's interesting re cold cap. I didn't bother trying and its a bit late now 😅

I had Cape prior to paclitaxel and got about 18 months out of it. I did feel a bit icky on it but I never really took any antisickness meds and maybe I should have!!

Am due a ct scan on Sunday to see if this is working and if I'll continue on it 🤞🤞 apparently my liver enzymes have come down a bit and my tumour marker is stable, doesn't sound brilliant but maybe it will be okay.

Take care xxx

feelthefear

Great to hear you had success with paclitaxel. 👍👍 I’m off for my second dose now 🤞 Cape worked wonders for my liver mets. Best drug I ever had. Got a good 14 months out of it. It brought my liver back from the brink. Good luck. 

Jennie60

Hi I had 19 weeks of Paclitaxol. Wore a cold cap and didn't loose my hair. I had to stop because neuropathy in feet and hands was too bad to continue. Until then I felt well on it. 

First 10 weeks showed 50% reduction in liver mets, but then the little devils grew again. This may have been a result of having a break for 6 weeks.

On capecitabine now.

Hope your treatment goes well.

Love Jen x

feelthefear

Thanks for your reply. I hope it’s working for you. 

schmooley

Hiya,  I'm on weekly Paclitaxel, apparently for 18 weeks. Just had week 7. Every three weeks is equivalent to one normal cycle as far as I understand it. So instead of having a big dose every three weeks and stronger side effects its given in smaller doses weekly. I find it tolerable but do tend to feel tired and woolly at the weekends ( have my chemo wednesdays) xx

feelthefear

Thanks for your reply.

It’s good to know you got a few months run on it. I’m already rocking a skin head thanks to Eribulin so not worried about hair loss. 

Ange x

helen44

Hi

Good luck with the Paclitaxel. Most people tend to have it weekly. It kept me stable for 28 weeks with no breaks so I was pretty pleased with it. From what I've seen on here, 12-18 weeks seems to be the average. 

Did lose my hair & had peripheral neuropathy in fingers and toes but otherwise ok. 

All the very best with your treatment. 

Helen x

feelthefear

What’s your paclitaxel schedule

Hi,

I’m due to start paclitaxel on Friday (liver mets). I’ve been told it will be weekly until it stops working. I’m trying to find out if this is the same schedule for everyone? Apparently some people are 3 weeks on and one off and others have it for a set amount of time? 
I’m not keen on the idea of having no breaks. I’m going to bring this up with my oncologist but would like to hear from others to find out whether this is the norm or not. 

Thanks you.