66.6K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

has anyone lost their appetite with metastic breast cancer not had treatment yet

3 REPLIES 3
Gillyflower
Community Champion

Re: has anyone lost their appetite with metastic breast cancer not had treatment yet

Hiya, same for me, I lost at least half a stone or a stone when I was first diagnosed and found myself not wanting to eat much at all.  My palliative care nurse suggested I eat little but high calorie to keep me going initially, which worked well for me.  I did soon put all that weight back on once I felt more emotionally and mentally stable! xxx

catokitty

Re: has anyone lost their appetite with metastic breast cancer not had treatment yet

I lost about a stone.  I was barely able to eat for about a month. This was before I started targeted treatment and hormonal injections.  I have bone mets and had slightly raised calcium which made me feel sick for several weeks and then it settled and I got my appetite back. I have gained most of the weight back.  I hope it settles for you xx

Villager

Yes I did when I was first diagnosed. I lost a lot of weight, but it improved and now back to my former weight.

GinaK

has anyone lost their appetite with metastic breast cancer not had treatment yet