Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

secondary breast cancer

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: secondary breast cancer

Hi

What tablets are you on? I felt rough with headaches on my first cycle of ribociclib and have just completed my 2nd cycle without any real problems at all.

Highlighted

started my chemo tablets five days ago and feeling awful with headaches and tiredness does it get better??

Highlighted

Hi Hippygirl,

I am so sorry to hear of your news - its rough.  I echo the lovely posts that others have already made in response.  Sending you lots of virtual love and hugs - you are not alone in this xxx

I was also diagnosed with secondaries in January this year at the age of 39 (after only having had my primary diagnosis in September 2018, so I wasn't even 12 months out of the first terrifying rollercoaster ride before I unwillingly found myself on the next one).

However, once my new treatment plan started and I was around three months in, I started to feel like I had found a new normal and life definitely does go on in a more settled way.  The fear and anxiety also motivated me to make changes to live my best life now, rather than "saving things for best or a rainy day" as my mum and grandma were so fond of telling me!

I know that its easy to say all this with hindsight, when what you are going through right now is so new, such a shock and so scary. 

Be kind to yourself and ask for whatever help or support you need.  Ask your clinical team or breast care nurse for the information you want that might help you make sense of things.  Often, its the not knowing, the uncertainty, the unpredictability and the lack of control that are the hardest things to accept and adapt to. 

I hope that like many others here, you will find your new settled normal despite this horrible disease and difficult time.  This forum is just fantastic for the amazing amount of love, care and support offered by people with their own stories and journeys which can bring so much comfort and hope! xxx

Highlighted

Hi

i too was diagnosed last year with secondaries to liver and bone. It is so scary but you do learn to live with it from day to day. You haven’t said if you have any pain/symptoms, which makes a big difference.  Many of the ladies on here have been living with secondaries for a long time. I try to live in the moment as much as possible but it isn’t always easy. When I am really struggling with negative thoughts, thankfully now less frequently, I read the positive stories on this site, they are such a help. 

Take care and remember it is early days in your diagnosis so everything is raw. X

Highlighted

Hello HippyGirl 2020, so sorry to hear about your diagnosis and it is a huge shock at first.  During treatment for primary breast cancer everyone is supportive and willing you to get through it and get your life back.  But it's different with secondary bc because there is no end to treatment, just management, but it is very doable.  It's now been 3 years since I was first diagnosed with sbc and yes, I have had to make changes to my life but I still have a life and just get on with the things I want to do [within certain physical limitations].  Support from your family and friends is essential though.  Try and find a support group purely for sbc.  I found one local to me and find it really helped to talk to people in the same position as me.  I even met a lady there who had been living with sbc for 20 years.  Please be assured that your oncology team will do everything they can to get your sbc under control and allow you to get on with your life [post coronavirus that is!]. There are so many amazing treatments out there that will be available to you.  Most of all, just be kind to yourself.  It's such a major thing to adjust to and it will take time but you can do this.  Take care xxx

Highlighted

Hi I just wanted to send my love. It's the hardest thing to cope with and get your head around at first isn't it? I was diagnosed with secondaries in my liver and lung in October last year and my world stood still. But after my plan was put into place and medification began I felt better and started my new normal. I'm sure you will feel the same but it's so hard at first so look after yourself the best you can. Especially in present times with this horrible virus. Take care. Lots of love xx💕

Highlighted

secondary breast cancer

hi just been diagnosed with secondary breast cancer in liver and bone , third cancer , terrified x