363471posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

secondary breast cancer

2 REPLIES 2

Re: secondary breast cancer

Hi Anniej Thanks for the reply I am on the same med as you and have been for 5 months now Could not continue with next course as when I went to see the oncologist yesterday he put me on Antibiotics for chest infection I had breast cancer 15 years ago and had a shock just before Xmas when I discovered a cracked rib for no apparent reason which turned out to be the return of the cancer in my spine Had to have emergency surgery as it was too close to spinal cord Have now got metal scaffolding in my back which is successful Had really bad time with the 5 day radiation and was ammited into hospital after day four ,really sick and collapsed I am tolerating the meds OK but was surprised when I asked how many courses and was told 18 But lovely that I got into this forumn,it is reassuring to her success stories As when told that I had secondary the nurse said it was not cureable and I could not get my head around that delaine x
Community Champion

Re: secondary breast cancer

Hi Delaine, welcome to the group. Not one we would choose, but you will find good support here. I’ll try to help, but your post is a little vague. You don’t say where your secondaries are, or what meds you are on. Mine are in my lungs, and I am on Letrozole and Palbociclib. Letrozole is an aromatise inhibitor which locks down the oestrogen, so not a ‘chemo’ tablet. Palbociclib works with the Letrozole to prevent reoccurrence. I will be on them as long as I can tolerate them, or until the cancer mutates and finds a way around the drugs. Don’t know if this helps. Good luck. X

secondary breast cancer

Hello I have just joined this group and I would like to know is anyone taking chemo tablets and for how long Many thanks delaine