366884posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stage 4 triple neg

25 REPLIES 25

Re: stage 4 triple neg

Thank goodness.  So pleased you are feeling better.

Misty1515

Thanks Beebs, was not expecting good news after all the doom and gloom at each previous appointment. I can breathe a little now , take care xx jools

Thanks Gemma, yes this situation we have found ourselves in fairly takes its toll mentally.. it's weird because I still have stage 4 cancer but I just feel as if I've a bit of time to catch my breath until the next scan now .. take care xx

Jools 

Great news Jools...stable Mabel fantastic:-)

Dear Jools

that is absolutely fantastic news!!

so pleased for you especially for your mental health-it takes such a battering in all of us 😘

love Gemma x

Wee update my first CT scan since starting meds shows cancer stable and lung nodules unchanged.. feeling better mentally than I have in months xx 

Hello

My scan results after 3 cycles of AC chemo show a mixed response.  No new nodules, the cancer has not spread anywhere else and some nodules have decreased in size and the doc called some 'inactive'.  But other nodules have increased in size.  Not sure what to make of this.  Will wait for oncologists view.

I have my PET scan today and the the scan for radio planning tomorrow.

I am down to have three blasts of radio but I am not sure when.

Thinking of you.

Thanks, I feel ok at the moment.

Thinking of you too as you await your results.

Hi Jools

please let us know your results if you feel comfortable.

Will be thinking of you xx

Gemma xx

Good luck with that Gemma 🙂 wishing you well! 

Hi Misty, just wanted to wish you luck with your scan tomorrow, I will be thinking about you

Jools xx

Hi Gemma, good luck with your radiotherapy later in the week. I had my CT scan on Friday past, waiting for the results of that, waiting is the worst

Jools xx

Hey guys-just an update.

Had my CT planning scan & face mould done today.

I start 5 days brain radiotherapy on Wednesday 13th 👍🏼
 Hope everyone’s treatment is on course too

Gemma x

Hey Beebs-that would be great!

Gemma x

Hey Kitty- I live in West London, let’s keep in touch x I would like that a lot!

Hi there Gemma 

I'm over here in northern Ireland, absolutely will keep in touch just a pity it's under such crap circumstances..

Take care

Jools xx

Hello to Beebs & Jools 50 also!

im based in North London-if you guys are UK based.

Would be lovely to keep in touch x

Hi Misty

I am in the exact situation as you. Felt a lump in Feb 2020.

Triple negative diagnosed April 2020 (aged 40)

I had surgery May 2020 and a full body PET scan showed no distant mets in June 2020.

I started EC chemo in July followed by Carbo & paclitaxel after.

Had 6 weeeks off chemo in Oct 2020 due to abscess in armpit surgery and then I restarted chemo.

I noticed a tiny cough in December & so I requested a chest X-ray & quite a few lung mets were found.

Few days later, I requested an MRI due to tiny headaches & brain met confirmed on 23/12/20 (Merry Christmas to me!)

They are giving me brain radiotherapy within the next 10 days and then I’ll start chemo/immunotherapy for the lungs shortly after.

What is AC treatment you are having-sorry I don’t know all the abbreviations.

would be amazing to keep in touch-thought I was alone

Gemma x

Hi Misty

What a twit of a GP! I read your post last night and was speechless! I have heard medical treatment in France is very good, it could be your GP didn’t make the grades in the bedside manners module at med school!!

I have just approached my first year anniversary with MBC, my journey has no similarities to yours (not triple neg etc) but still, thank you for sharing - you sound like amazing individual x timescales are predictions... that’s what the past tense 12 months have taught me 🙂 

Hi there Misty, yes I have my first 3 month CT scan on Friday, dreading it. I have an appointment with the oncologist next Wednesday so I imagine I'll get my results then. I'm tolerating the meds so well compared to the chemo which wiped me completely, so I really hope I can stay on them. 

Can I also recommend to you the Macmillan online forum if you have not already joined, there's good support on there from others going through the same as ourselves xx 

Jools

So this Friday you have your scan?  And how long to get the results?

I get my results immediately, yes they prob get analysed in more detail but the radiologue comes in and says whether there has been progression or not about 45 mins after the scan.

I then have another scan on 13th and they will prepare this mask thing for my radiotherapy.

I am then down for another chemo session on 19th and if this stuff is working I imagine I will continue for another 3 blasts.  A friend was on this treatment, and her massive tumour reduced by 1cm after 3 goes so that gives me hope.  But then everyone is different etc etc..

Good luck for Friday, and I will be thinking of you.  Thanks again for contacting me.

misty

Hi Misty

We are long overdue some good news. I have my CT scan coming up on Friday this week to see if the meds are working, scanxiety has set in, it's the waiting for results for me I find extremely difficult. I wish you good luck with your pet scan on 12th and hope and pray for positive news for you , please keep in touch xx 

Jools

Thank you so much for writing back.  Yes, shock number one was the cancer, shock number two was the MRI scan showing the spread and shock number three was the TN diagnosis in Nov.  I am still waiting for some thing positive, something going in the right direction.

Hi Misty

Although my cancer isn't triple neg, I can totally understand your shock as I was similar to you in the way we were diagnosed, I had my lumpectomy and was expecting a few rounds of radiotherapy when CT scans revealed lung nodules and spread to the hip and spine, I was halfway through chemo when diagnosed with secondaries. I just wanted to let you know you aren't alone in feeling like this. 

Jools xx

stage 4 triple neg

Hello,

I joined this forum recently and I just thought I would introduce myself and give details of my situation.  If anyone wants to chat, ask questions, give me reassurance I am open to it all.

Firstly, I am being treated in France, near Lyon but I don't know if this makes a big difference to anything.  I am 47 (46 when diagnosed) and without children.

I found a lump last March and it was diagnosed as HER2+ aggressive BC.  It was removed within 10 days of me discovering it but an MRI showed that I had micro nodules on my lungs.  I could just about get my head around the BC diagnosis but the idea it was Stage 4 cancer was too much and I spent 3 months in a state of shock.  I could hardly move.  

I started the chemo at the end of April being told I would need 6-12 months treatment.  My onco said that Herceptin was a miracle drug and was very good treatment so I had loads of positive info coming my way but I was still terrified.  My mother died of cancer 17 years ago (non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) and I had seen chemo not working.

So first protocol was Herceptine, Perjeta and Taxol for 12 weeks.  First scan came and there had been a slight progression.  It was as if my worst fears had come true.  The onco told me to calm down and said it wasn't a catastrophe.  So, I started the next protocol, 12 weeks of Kadcyla.  By this time, my GP has given me anti depressants so after the shock I was able to calm down and have a reasonable summer.  Kadcyla was easier, even though I had found the Taxol quite bearable.

12 weeks on, the next scan showed a greater progression and whereas the first treatment had at least partly worked, this Kadcyla treatment didn't seem to have worked at all.  My onco told me she wanted to do a biospy on my lungs as now there was one nodule that was big enough.  Although my french is ok I am not completely fluent but I realised what she was talking about: the idea that the cancer was now or always had been HER2 neg, therefore triple negative.  I freaked out, having read about this type of cancer and the onco confirmed this was 'less good'.

A trip to my GP, to whom i went for some reassurance, was awful.  He told me that I should start preparing for the end of my life.  Honestly, I don't know how I drove home after that.  Needless to say my anti depressant medication has been upped.

So, a month without treatment waiting for the result which then was confirmed as TN.  My onco won't be drawn in to any conversations about time scales and she has told me, with a dismissive wave of the hand, to forget about the stats from the internet.  She has a confident air about her which is reassuring.

So now I am on the AC regime, this 'grenadine' as it is nick named in France.  The day after my first treatment I had a fit and was carted off to hospital and yep, the cancer is now in my brain - three small lesions.  By this point, thanks to the anti depressants, it was almost as if I was beyond caring.

Again the onco was quite cool about it saying the lesions were very small and she referred me to the radiotherapist who told me I wasn't in any immediate peril.  I am on anti seizure medication and I am banned from driving.  

The radiotherapist, the cancer doc in the hospital where I was admitted after my fit said that the chemo should target the brain too but my onco said not to worry if at the next scan I don't see a reduction in the brain area as there is a barrier there which makes it harder for the chemo to penetrate.

So, after 3 blasts of AC i am due my PET scan on 12 Jan and then a scan on 13 Jan to get prepared for radiotherapy.

I am feeling ok.  I have no pain, the only symptom I have had so far is the fit and that seems to be under control.  I am feeling strong with lots of positive thoughts from people around me.  I want to beat this. However, as 12 Jan approaches my anxiety will be increasing.  God, it is awful.

Anyone else in a similar situation out there who would like to chat?