cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breast cancer recurrence

3 REPLIES 3
lauzayers

Re: Breast cancer recurrence

Hey good morning, I’m sorry to read your reply it’s totally crap isn’t it. You undergo all the treatment at the time the first time around and at that time I was feeling quite upbeat ok let’s beat it attitude, where as this time I’m feeling very much the same drained before treatment starts. I have a great family and support network when we got the news it had returned at the end of November we planned our wedding in 7 weeks which was the most perfect day and gave me something to focus on. I’m meeting my oncologist today for the first time to discuss treatment plan and biggest concern is loosing my hair which to some I know sounds silly but to me this is massive. 
Do you have a support network? I know the anxiety of having the pet scan I had the same to ensure that the cancer hadn’t spread I think I cried for most of the wait before hand at this stage there is always so many more questions then answers and that leads to whole lot more anxiety. 
here if you ever want to talk xx

sunshinegirl29

Hi all I had DCIS in 2007 lumpectomy lymph nodes removed chemotherapy and radiotherapy then tamoxifen until 2018 this was all in Northern Ireland before I moved to Birmingham to be closer to my two daughters Was called for a mammogram in December 2021 then appointment at hospital for ultrasound and core biopsy results are back and it’s BC again in the same breast  although this time Invasive ductal have CT scan on 26th checking in case there is any secondary’s and surgery 17th February for mastectomy 
I feel so sad tired finding it hard to make decisions Covid doesn’t help now have to shield for 14 days before surgery and also afterwards Sometimes feel is it worth going on with all the treatment tests etc

bookish

It utterly sucks, doesn't it? Especially when you've been here before and done all these hard things to 'fix' everything, and it just isn't fair. You have my every sympathy and understanding and I hope you can ditch the guilt because this isn't your fault in the slightest.

In the hope of helping the loneliness, my own tale isn't too different. I'm 43, had a diagnosis six years ago, too. Only had a lumpectomy then, though. Fast forward to 2020 and there's a new primary, so went the route of lumpectomy, reduction, then bilateral mastectomy last January. Nine months later I was having lipofill surgery and mentioned that the lumpectomy scar was kind of hard and painful - and against all odds, there's another tumour.

It's a weird position to be in. On the one hand, you know enough about treatment to dread having to do it all again - and there's that 'it's not fair!' in the back of your head (or is that just me?!) and it's totally not. On the other hand, you also know you've managed before - so can do it again.

We're all here for you, please don't ever feel alone. You can do this! xx

lauzayers

Breast cancer recurrence

Hi,

6 years ago I was diagnosed with stage 1 breast cancer in my right breast. After 2 failed lumpectomies I opted for double mastectomy and reconstruction at that time my lymph nodes were all clear. Fast forward on to 6 years and 2 months later I find a lump just under the skin very near to the original site of the cancer and turns out after pet scan I have 2 separate lumps grade 3 and now one lymph node affected. I am 37 with 5 children and mentally I’m really struggling this time around with treatment and the next steps. 
Feel really lonely with it all I have an amazing husband has been there from the start but have so much guilt for putting them all through this again!