Did you mean: 

Is there anyone else HER2 Positive and ER Positive

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Is there anyone else HER2 Positive and ER Positive

Thank you so much x 

Trixie22......sending you much hope for tomorrow x

Aaaahhhhh Judi now I get it......thank you :-)

Hi hun mine was lobular as well Herceptin is a different treatment to tamoxifen I'm on letrozole as I have gone through the menopause tamoxifen is usually given to ladies that havent as yet the reason they give this is to lower oestrogen levels especially as mine was very er positive hope this helps love Judi xxxx

Hiiiiii and thank you so much for reading my thread!!!!

I am having a mastectomy, my lymph nodes fully removed and diep on the 19th and to be honest I haven't thought much beyond that because I know pathology will tell my surgeon what they find and this will decide my treatment. My cancer is Invasive Lobular and I am petrified it is somewhere else in my body so until I know this I can seem to retain any information beyond that!

I have been told that I need to keep radiotherapy and chemotherapy on the table and I know that by having these this will hopefully prevent it recurring later rather than sooner.

I don't understand why I would need hormone therapy.....I think the nurse told me this was called Tamoxfin or targeted therapy...….is this Herceptin......I am so confused!!! 

Hi 

I am having my 4th year mammogram tomorrow and I am so nervous. I’m like this before everyone. So glad you’re through to year 5 and all is well. Xx

Hi I was diagnosed her2 positive er positive five years ago I had chemo and a year of herceptin plus radiotherapy I'm now on letrozole until March 2020 feeling well and just had my five year mammogram all clear which was lovely to hear if you need to chat about anything more I'd be only to pleased to help take care love Judi x

Community Manager

Hi @Debelina 

Thanks for your post. We're sorry that you haven't had a reply yet - hopefully someone comes along soon to share their experience.

You may find it helpful to chat to one of our nurses about this. You can contact them on our free Helpline 0808 800 6000. It reopens on Monday and it's usual opening hours are 9am-4pm weekdays and 9am-1pm Saturdays.

You can also ask our nurses any questions through our Forum here.

Best wishes,
Laura at Breast Cancer Now

Highlighted

Is there anyone else HER2 Positive and ER Positive

Hi there,

Is there anybody like me that is HER2+ and ER+ that can explain how this helps decide my treatment?

Thank you x