Re: Breast Cancer a second time - and a brand new primary

I was diagnosed in 2019 with stage one invasive ductal carcinoma in my right breast. I had a lumpectomy and radiation and I take an estrogen blocker. I tolerated everything really well and only missed two days work. A month ago, I was diagnosed with stage one invasive lobular carcinoma in my left breast. I am scheduled for a double mastectomy on August 28 but am undecided about having immediate implants or going flat.

I understand the tendency to say WTF about having breast cancer twice. The second time has hit me so much harder than the first. I wish I had tips for how to cope, but I’m not there yet. My heart goes out to you for your ordeal. You obviously are a very strong person.

Hi MayberryMagpie

Thank you for sharing your story. We’re sorry to read about your recent second diagnosis. If you would like to speak to one of our clinical nurses, you can reach them on 0808 800 6000 for support or information.

Sending you our warmest wishes,

Saskia

Hello there,

i know exactly how you feel. I was diagnosed the 1st time in November 2014 with stage 1 tnbc. Finished my treatment in 2016. Enjoy a happy life, freedom being healthy until bam i found a lump on my left breast in december 2019. Visited my onc and he said it was nothing. I was in denial and believed what he said. 14th october 2020 i had my 2nd BCS / lumpectomy and resulted in stage 2b er pr positive breast cancer with 2 lymph nodes affected. I am devastated as hell and finally now accepting that this is reality. Staying positive is the key