Recurrence regional

just been diagnosed with regional recurrence of bc hormone positive her2negative grade 3 

excactly the same as primary apart from grade 2 first time in 2009.

had ct scan and bone X-ray really pleased they were both clear thank goodness !!.saw breast surgeon unfortunately inoperable as position of recurrence is very high just under collarbone,I had mastectomy chemo and rads first time ,so cannot have surgery and doubtful if I can have rads again ,but she reassured me that chemo and hormone treatment can give very positive results and can be controlled in this way.

Has anybody else had this diagnosis or been in a similar situation ,feeling I wish I could have had surgery as I’m not sure chemo will work as well without surgery and rads .

thank you.x

Hi maisie54,

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry you haven’t had any response yet. I am hoping that my response will help our members to see your post and share their experience and advice.

In the meantime, please remember that for any clinical question our breast care nurses are here and happy to talk.

Sending you our warmest wishes,

Zoe

Hi Masie

sorry to hear you’re experiencing this. I too was diagnosed with regional recurrence in Dec. ER+ Grade 3. First time round it was stage 1 grade 1 in one breast and DCIS in the other which resulted in bilateral mastectomy. I didn’t have chemo or rads, just took tamoxifen. My recurrence was in my auxiller and lymph nodes. One node removed up near collarbone had disease and one of the nodes had attached itself to my pec. I had disease in the surrounding tissue and 3 other nodule. Fortunately I was able to have surgery and they are confident they go it all.

I am now having Zolodex injections 4 weekly and in letrazole. I had my first injection on 20th Jan and started letrazole 4 days earlier. I seem to be tolerating this well for now. I start rads on 12th Feb at Freeman Hospital in Newcastle.

I used to be in a number of groups on Facebook but decided to leave them as although they were very supportive, there were a lot of negative experiences which scared me. I’m now only a member here.

I wish you well with your treatment and hope and prey for positive outcomes for you xxx