Very scared - Breast cancer 6 months ago and now need biopsy on other breast.

Hi Everyone,

I had Stage 1A Invasive Ductal Carcinoma and had surgery 6 months ago (lumpectomy and sentinel node biopsy).  I then had radiation (20 treatments) and finished the end of March.  My doctor recently found a lump in my right breast and she wanted me to go across the hall right then and have imaging done (even though that’s not where I normally go.)  She couldn’t get me in as they were over booked.  So I made an appointment at my imaging place and there is an area on the right side that is dense, has irregular borders and appears on mammogram and sonogram.  They told me it was 1.5 cm, but the doctor’s office said it was 1 cm.  So I’m not sure which.  Has anyone else had anything like this happen?  I am so hoping it’s benign.  I go for a biopsy this Friday.  I am more scared now than when I was diagnosed in December.  It’s very scary and I’m feeling such an emotional drain.  I’m trying to keep busy and keep my mind off it, but it is so hard.  I have moments where I just cry because I’m so scared. 

Tlc, have you tried the someone like me option on here? Just a thought in case you don’t get any responses on the thread Also you can speak to the nurse too which would help Sending :two_women_holding_hands: :two_women_holding_hands: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :sparkles: :sparkles: Shi xx