cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lymphoedema relieving operations

2 REPLIES 2
whitelily

Re: Lymphoedema relieving operations

Hi Midge are you in Wales? I have enquired in the past but was told they are only accepting local people as part of their trials. I am not sure I want to do it as there is a lot of mixed outcomes. Some actually get worse after the op and some see no improvements. Very difficult to know what to do for the best. We all secretly want a cure but I'm not sure this is it. In fact a lot of my lymphoedema nurses have warned me against it. I think it is up to us as individuals to do as much research as possible and make our decision based on what is right for us. As mine has remained mild and I also now have a titanium plate in my wrist I don't think it is something I am  going to go ahead with especially at the price they charge privately. I wish you well in your quest please keep us updated. There has been previous chats on here if you search under SuperMicrosurgery or look at my previous chats under my name within that subject and you will find a bit more info x 

Midge Mac

Re: Lymphoedema relieving operations

Hi

It’s me again!

I have seen my Lymphoedema Physio who gave me a fact sheet on the operation. 

It’s not currently available on the NHS but trials are ongoing in Swansea funded by the Welsh Government.

The results of the first trial are encouraging and they have applied for further funding to continue the trial.

If I’m accepted I’ll keep you updated !!!

Midgemac

Midge Mac

Lymphoedema relieving operations

Has anyone had the microsurgery to redirect lymph from the arm into a vein?