Swimming with lymphoedema

I had BC 4 yrs ago, chemo, rt, lymph node removal. Had lymphoedema for 2-3 years in my right arm. Recently had LVA surgery and would like to find a neoprene arm sleeve I can wear whilst swimming, initially to protect the waterproof dressings but also to provide some compression whilst swimming. Does anyone know where I might get one?

I wouldn’t swim whilst you still have wounds and when they are healed you don’t actually need to wear a compression sleeve in the water as the water acts as compression when you are swimming against it. This is advice given by both my lymphoedema service and doctor. I never wear compression when swimming. If you ever feel you need to you could just wear one of your old sleeves. Keep us updated about your LVA do you feel it has helped so far? I guess it may be too early to tell x 

My stitches come out on Wednesday (after 2 weeks) but the scars need to be taped with micropore tape for a further 4 weeks (to give them a bit of resilience as I will have to put on a tight compression sleeve). The tape will be shower proof but obviously not pool-proof. As I am not allowed to do much (I love walking but am limited to max 30 mins) and I’m overweight with high blood pressure, swimming seems the only thing I can do. I think I’ll just wear an old sleeve in the pool.
Thanks. X