Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meet up in Rickmansworth area!

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: Meet up in Rickmansworth area!

Hi Pri19

I’m not sure about meet ups... but looking at your post - it looks like we started this journey at a similar timeline - I was December 2019! A strange time for sure!! 

Do you have treatment at MV? I’m happy to exchange messages with you - if that works for you, especially if you are still finding your way? I’m based Ruislip ends!

B

B

Highlighted

Spoiler
Hello

I live in Northwood.  Was dx with secondary Nov 2019.  It's taken me a year (all be it it's been a strange year) to come to terms with what this all months - still finding my way!)

I would love to connect with other people locally  What would be the best way of joining the Ruislip group?

Pri19
Highlighted

Hi Rickypeople.

BCN hosts a support group that meets in ruislip ( in normal times). As we can't get to physically meet up we have created a WhatsApp group and meet up on zoom until things eventually go back to normal.

You are very welcome to join us.

I can't seem to private message you but BCN have my email and will forward it to you if you request. I'm reluctant to put any individuals contact ( probably overly cautious!) but you can find the right person to contact via the helpline 0808 800 6000

I look forward to hearing from anyone interested in joining us.

I'll let them know you might be asking for it.

It is good to talk, to share experiences and be able to offer support and empathy to each other in these especially difficult times.

Highlighted

Hi Beebs

Lol I'm not sure how to do that either. I will try. Hope you are well x

Highlighted

Hi Brightstart

Are you able to PM me? I'm not sure how to!

Hope you are keeping well 🙂

B

Highlighted

Hi Beebs

Unfortunately we never got a chance to meet up. Happy to do so once we are allowed back into the world. In the meantime we could have a chat over the phone...

Highlighted

Hi Goldie & Bright

Out of curiosity - did you guys ever meet up? When you next do - let me know (after these horrendous times ofcourse!).

I am based in your neck of the woods :-). Any of you attend the MV Center?

Keep safe & well

B

Highlighted

Hi

I'm up for meeting up.....live in Ruislip. Let me know when's good x
Highlighted

Hi goldiecat,

Thank you for your post. I'm sure our other users will be along soon to show their support. In the meantime why not check out this support group in Hertfordshire: https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/information-support/support-you/living-secondary-breast-cancer-n...

I'm not sure if this is close to you but if it is, feel free to sign up, check it out and meet other SBC ladies in the area.

Best wishes,

Bonita

Highlighted

Meet up in Rickmansworth area!

Hi all.. anyone out there fancy a drink and a get together. I live in Harefield - and although I now go to a day centre for treatment once a month, which is fantastic,  I do find myself a bit isolated. Would love to start a group of us SBC gals who still like a drink and a laff.. share stories, emotions, laughter and down times... x