64873members
341815posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support group for secondary BC hampshire/Winchester?

922 REPLIES 922
Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: Support group for secondary BC hampshire/Winchester?

Hi ladies

Unfortunately I won’t be able to make any date next week as it’s a busy week for me with some family things to sort out.

If you still want to have the meet up in Winchester remember it’s half term week so it can be a lot busier, plus it’s quite a distance for you all to travel when all of you are based nearer to Portsmouth.

Hope you manage to organise something and will try to get to the next one.

Nicky x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi ladies , I’ve not been on here for a few days and hadn’t seen that this thread had been updated, it’s annoying that the new forum layout only shows up the latest 3 posts(from all secondary threads)!

Helen, I’m so sorry to hear about your father in law, what a sad time for you all, I do hope the funeral goes as well as you can expect with these occasions.

Regarding the next meet up I will confirm if I can be there or not once I know a bit more from my scan results next week, I never know if a change of treatment is on the cards or not until then, which could change my availability. 
Nicky x

Highlighted

Hi hi

very sorry for your loss Helen, love to you all.

xx Julia 

Highlighted

So sorry to hear this Helen. Condolences to you and your family. Love and hugs Judy xx

Highlighted

Hi everyone,

I'm afraid you will have to count me out for February. Very sadly my father in law passed away on 25th Jan and I am supporting the family at the moment. Not sure when funeral will be so can't really commit to a meetup date. Would love to see you all very soon - all the best with scan results & treatments.

Helen x

Highlighted

Shall we plan a meet at half term then? A train ride to Winchester? Hope scan goes well Julia, get my results in 2 weeks. Love to all xx

Highlighted

Week beginning Monday 17th Feb is half term so I can probably do any day that week. 

Highlighted

Unfortunately I wasn't able to meet up last week as I had 2 short notice visits to the QA. I won't be able to meet up in February 

Highlighted

Hi ladies 

hope you had a good meet up, I missed you all. 
Dates I can do next time are 18th Feb, 20th, 25th (but those aren’t Wednesdays) and 26th Feb, 11th March.

I have my scan results in a couple of weeks.
Hope you are all well with not too many SEs.
Look forward to seeing you all soon.

Julia x 

Highlighted

Good morning all. I'm all set for popping over to the Spinnaker Café this afternoon. Weather looks dry, just need a few extra layers.

Highlighted

Hi everyone,

Just checking that some of us are still ok for tomorrow's meetup. Nicky & Julia - you will be missed, hope to see you very soon, perhaps you could have a look at some future dates when you might be free. Wednesdays are good for Carine & I am usually around.

Welcome to Elizabeth - have PMd you my photo so you know who to look out for in the cafe.

Anyone else out there who wants to join us please do - Wed 22 Jan, 1.30pm Spinnaker Cafe, Gunwharf Quays, Portsmouth.

Helen x

Highlighted

Hi ladies I’ve made a right old mess up on my dates next week 😟 my other appointment I thought was Wednesday morning is actually the afternoon and Thursday one is in the morning. I’m so sorry I’ll have to miss our meet up this time but will look forward to the next one. 
love to all xx Julia 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi ladies

Sorry but I can't make 22nd, it's the day after I have my chemo and the drive (either to Portsmouth or Winchester) is too far and the train isn't an option either. Will miss seeing you all and meeting the new ladies.  I hope you all have a good chat - and enjoy the cakes!

Nicky xx

Highlighted

I should be there, added to my calendar.🙂

Highlighted

See you there ladies. Have a good weekend 

Julia x 

Highlighted

I’ll be there ladies. Looking forward to seeing you all xx

Highlighted

Helen that suits me. See you then x

Highlighted

Hi everyone

Shall we say we'll meet up Wed 22 Jan, 1.30pm @Spinnaker Cafe, Gunwharf Quay, Portsmouth?

Post if you can make it.

Helen x

Highlighted

Happy new year everyone. Hope you all had a lovely time with family and friends. My first Christmas as a grandma was wonderful . I can make either of those dates if we met in Portsmouth as I have appts late morning. I’m  looking forward to seeing you all again and the meeting ladies.

love Julia X 

Highlighted

Hi everyone,

Happy New Year to you all.

Elizabeth, glad to hear you’ve moved and your appointment went well. 

I had expressed interest in joining you all but things are up in the air at the mo re hospital appointments so won’t include myself for your January meet-up.

Best wishes to you all xxx

Highlighted

Happy New Year ladies. Either date at Portsmouth or Winchester good for me xx

Highlighted

Hi Helen. Either dates suit me. I'd prefer to meet in Portsmouth, but if more people want to meet in Winchester i can go there also. Yes I'm settling into my new life here in Pompey. I still can't believe I have finally moved over! Hospital appointment at the QA went great. My Oncologist is more patient friendly than my previous 1. I found the Oncology Dept small compared to what I am used to, but everyone was nice. Looking forward to meeting you all xx

Highlighted

Hello everyone. Hope you all our fine after all the family visits etc. I'm back at work tomorrow and to be honest looking forward to the rest! I am free on 22nd. 29th I have oncology in the morning so may be free in afternoon if other people prefer that date. 

Highlighted

Happy New Year to you all. How are you doing at the moment?

Thought I would suggest a couple of Wednesdays-anyone free 22nd or 29th January ? Happy to go to Winchester or Portsmouth, whatever the general consensus is.

Daughter & grandson returned to Indonesia yesterday so feeling a little low, we had such a lovely 3 weeks with them over Christmas. 

How was your first appointment at the hospital Elizabeth? Hope you're settling in to life in Portsmouth. 

Helen x 

Highlighted

Happy cancerversary xx

Highlighted

It's my 7 year cancerversary with secondaries today and I just want to thank you lovely ladies for your support. Welcome Elizabeth and Ruby and hope to see you in 2020.

Have a peaceful Christmas and hope 2020 is kind to you.

Helen x 

Highlighted

I will be unavailable to meet everyone on 2nd January. My Fiance told me today that the QA in Portsmouth have sent me an appointment letter to meet with my Oncologist or a member of his team for the 1st time. This means that on Saturday 28th December I move to Portsmouth & the following Thursday I attend my new hospital! x

Highlighted

I received a phone call yesterday from the Queen Alexandra Hospital in Portsmouth asking me what date I am coming over as they want to arrange a hospital appointment. Once I know the date I will let you know as to when I am free to meet with you all

Highlighted

Hi all. I can make any day in January (as long as it's Wednesday). Assuming nothing said at next week's onc appt to change that. Welcome Ruby & Elizabeth to our friendly little group.  

Highlighted

I hope you can make the January meet up as it will be my 1st time also x

Highlighted

Hey ladies I’m in! Sorry I couldn’t reply to the planned meeting. A meet up in January either Winchester or Portsmouth will be good for me. Welcome baby Lottie you arrived on my birthday! Congratulations Julia. Wishing you all including the new ladies a wonderful Xmas and happy new year xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi ladies

Congratulations Julia, welcome to Grandma's World! Enjoy you cuddles with Lottie.

It seems that no-one is able to make next Wednesday so I am going to say it is cancelled, obviously it's a busy time of the year for everyone, hopefully we can come up with a date in early January either in Portsmouth or Winchester and welcome some of the new ladies who've said they'd like to join in.

Nicky x

Highlighted

Hi NIcky,

I hope you don’t mind me piggybacking onto this post but I would be interested in joining you ladies on a Winchester meet-up sometime. I am having my second appointment with the oncologist next Monday to find out the results of my CT scan.

Best wishes xx

Highlighted

Hi all

my exciting news is I am a Grandma 🎉 Little baby girl born on 27th November, she’s absolutely gorgeous and we are so thrilled. Her name is Lottie Rose. 

I won’t be able to make the 11th Dec meet up unfortunately but hopefully will be at the next one.

Have a wonderful wedding tomorrow (well “today” in half an hour😃) Carine and Phi I Hope the sun is shining for you both. Have a fabulous day.

look forward to meeting you Elizabeth in the New Year, good luck with the move.

love to all

Julia 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Oh yes, congratulations for today Carine and Phil, looks like a lovely sunny day so I hope you have a lovely time celebrating.

Nicky x

ps I will update later this week to confirm if next week's meet up is on. I am away at the weekend so can't leave it as late as next Tuesday to confirm as I won't have internet access and don't want to leave it too late as we will all have to make travel arrangements. So sorry to hear about your father-in-law Helen x

Highlighted

I'm looking forward to meeting you all & will certainly keep an eye out for your meet up in January

Highlighted

Hi everyone 

Apologies but I won't be able to meet up on Wed 11th Dec. My father in law is very poorly in hospital & we are visiting every day. 

Hope you & Phil have an amazing wedding day tomorrow Carine! Sending congratulations to you both.

Any baby news yet Julia?

Love to you all

Helen x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Elizabeth, you are of course welcome to join us.

At the moment we only have the suggested date of 11th December and as we only organise this ourselves (it's not run by anyone such as BreastCancer Now) it's all a bit random!  However we try to get together as many of us as possible so one of us will suggest the next date.  As most of the ladies are in the Portsmouth area we have met there for the last few years, I'm the only one who attends but lives away from Portsmouth. Keep an eye out on here for the next date in the New Year.  Good luck with the move, quite a big one looking at where you currently live to where you're going to.

Hi everyone else - is anyone available to meet in Winchester on 11th December? I haven't had any replies so not sure if we are meeting up or not.  Knowing that Judy can't log on at the moment I will update on here if it''s taking place or not depending if anyone can make it.  I won't be in Winchester that day other than to meet up so I will probably cancel it if no-one else can make it.

Nicky x

Highlighted

Hello. I am moving from Belfast to Portsmouth on 28 December & would like to join you all for a meet up🙂

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi all

Sorry your increased pain is causing you so many problems Carine and they have yet to see what’s causing it. Fingers crossed the mri helps with some form of diagnosis and they can sort he pain issue out.

Regarding dates the only Wednesday I can do is 11th Dec. Other dates are difficult due to treatments (every 2 weeks and then one week off) as I never know if I’ll be too tired on the day following it.

Happy to meet in Winchester if everyone else is. Probably as a central, and easy to find venue, the Refectory cafe right by the Cathedral is where we’ve met previously when the group first started. It is a bit of a hike from the station though, but does take you through the main shopping street if you’re after some Christmas shopping! I don’t know Winchester we’ll enough to suggest anywhere else that is big enough for us to secure a table without booking. If anyone else does then please say.

Is lunchtime OK for everyone? Or do we want to make it slightly later bearing in mind everyone’s journeys and the fact it will be dark early? I’m happy either way as it’s much closer for me this time! 
As before anyone else with secondary BC who would like to join us please do and let us know on here so we can look out for you.

Nicky x

ps good luck and a happy day on 3rd Carine as we won’t see you before your big day and even though we joked that we would be bridesmaids for you I for one can’t be as I’ve 2 appointments that day, oh joy!

Highlighted

So my scan results say "essentially unchanged", 🙂, blood results weren't back yet and because of the increased pain, onc has requested an mri for my arm and will look at possibly changing treatment soon but wants to wait for blood results first. 

I'm happy with a Winchester meet and should be able to do any Wednesday from now till Christmas (depending on when mri is), 4th December probably NOT a good day, as that will be morning after my wedding...!

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi ladies

It was lovely to meet up last Wednesday, even though it took an age to get out of the busy car park as everyone else seemed to leave at the same time!

Good news from my CT, all is stable, so my worries about the treatment maybe not working are tucked away at the back of my mind now (until the next scan!)

Good luck to all getting results this week, or later in the month, fingers crossed for us all.

Hopefully we can meet up this side of Christmas, Winchester was mentioned, but I don't think I'll get down to Portsmouth as the travel is really rubbish in the winter months.  Maybe some dates can be suggested or I'll come up with some once I've checked my next few months treatment schedule.

If any new ladies, with secondaries and within travelling distance of our next venue, want to join us please let us know, it's open to all.

Nicky x

Highlighted

Me too, see you all tomorrow. 😊✨

Highlighted

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow .

Helen x

Highlighted

Hello all

That’s all good for me. 

Looking forward to seeing you all and anyone else who might like to join us.

love Julia x 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Helen, 1.15 is fine with me I’ll either be getting a train or driving depending on the weather. Either way I can usually find time to explore the shops if I get there earlier, it’s the leaving I have problems with as the traffic builds up along my route home as I hit rush hour. Hope to see everyone on 30th, will update if I can’t make it.

Nicky x

Highlighted

Excellent, shall we say Wed 30th Oct 1.15pm at the Spinnaker Cafe then? Is 1.15pm ok for you Nicky? Quarter past or half past the hour is better for me as the catamaran docks at five past the hour!

Anyone else out there who would like to join us, we usually meet at the Spinnaker Cafe in Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth for a catch up and tea & cake, very informal. Please come along - we're very friendly Smiley Happy

Helen x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi ladies

The new layout of the forum (about the 4th since I started on here in 2008!) is so bad for letting you see latest posts easily, so I’ve missed some of these messages until last night, when the forum was incredibly slow or inaccessible so I wasn’t able to post. Excuses over!

30th October is fine for me, fingers crossed and all that as all the more recent times I’ve been meaning to meet up something has come my way to prevent me. What time are we meeting? I’d prefer it to be near lunchtime as that will give me more time and not have to leave early to avoid the traffic if I’m going to drive.

Great news Carrine, and I can hear your squealing from here Julia!

Looking forward to seeing you all, and anyone new who wants to join us.

Nicky x

Highlighted

Sorry Helen I’ve just seen your message below as my page hadn’t updated when I wrote my last post tonight. Shall we say the 30th October then....usual place or if you have any other preferred place.  Hope you see this too Judy and Helen. 

love Julia x  

Highlighted

Hi Carine 

lovely to hear from you 😊 and congratulations such wonderful news ✨😀. How exciting, look forward to hearing the wedding plans. 
I’m happy to do 30th October, hopefully the other ladies will be along to confirm too.

see you soon.

Julia X