64821members
341598posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support group for secondary BC hampshire/Winchester?

Highlighted

Re: Support group for secondary BC hampshire/Winchester?

Hi Nicky Beanbob and Helen I had hoped to come today but I am not feeling very with it today  I had my denusumab jab yesterday and sometimes it make me feel real achy and fluly Helen I am so pleased your stable. Hopefully we will all meet next time. It's a lovely day so enjoy the trip.

mara x

Highlighted

Have a good meet up tomorrow ladies. Really sorry I can't make it over. I had my oncology appt today and results of ct scan - all good & no evidence of disease progression! Very relieved. Next appt in July.
Love to you all, Helen x
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi ladies

Looking forward to it as well! 

If any other ladies in Hampshire with secondary BC  would like to meet with us this Thursday please check out this thread and/or PM me for exact details of where we are meeting. You are more than welcome to join us.

Nicky x

Highlighted

Looking forward to our meeting this Thursday!
Beanbob x
Highlighted

Hi Nicky Beanbob

i am fine for Thursday looking forward to seeing you both. Sorry I won't see you this time Helen it's been ages.

karen 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi beanbob

The Thursday is fine for me, I luckily don't have any appointments that week. Same place and time as well.

Yes, we must meet up with Helen again so if you have some dates, just let us know.

Take care and hope all is going well with everyone.

Nicky x

Highlighted

HI Nicky, Helen, Mara

It was lovely to see you in January - a lovely bright day by the sea! 

Planned Alresford outing - I have been scheduled a scan for the Friday 4th March (grrr). I can make 3rd March afternoon as an alternative - Nicky/Mara does that work for you?  

And we need a date that Helen can make too - we talked about Petersfield.  What dates work for you Helen?

Beanbob

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Beanbob and Helen

It was lovely to meet up on Tuesday and have some good old chit chat - and not all about the dreaded 'C' word 😊

As we said we will try to all meet up again in a place that is easy for you, Helen, to get to, either one afternoon or if you are off work for Easter. Will try to sort this out in the next few weeks then others can join in as well if they would like to.

However Beanbob and I will meet up in Alresford, at Tiffins, 2pm on Friday 4th March if anyone would like to join us. Hopefully this is a good time and place for you, MaraUk, and you can make it? It will bring back some happy, and sad, memories of our lovely Jacqui/swanie who started this thread and our meet ups but who is sadly no longer with us.

i will PM you Mara, anyway to see how you are.

Take care all and hope all treatments are going well.

Nicky x

Highlighted

Looking forward to seeing you all on Tue 2 Feb, 2.30pm Spinnaker Tower cafe at Gunwharf.

Mara - really sorry that you're back on here again Smiley Sad  - it would be lovely to see you on 2 Feb - can't believe the last time we met up was August 2014!

Nicky - I now have hair again! I'll be wearing a purple jacket so you recognise me!

Love Helen x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Mara

Lovely to see you posting but for all the wrong reasons 😔 If you are able to make it it will be good to catch up however I know Beanbob and I will probably meet up again in/near Alresford soon so you can always join in then if that's easier, or we could arrange something in Winchester as that might help? Do let us know how things go with your CT scan, PM me if you want a chat. I had my scan yesterday but have decided I can wait for the results until my next scheduled onc appointment, don't need the stress right now of worrying about it and chasing the results up!

Nicky x

Highlighted

Hi All

Tuesday 2nd Feb at 2.30 works for me. I will put in the diary and see you there, unless there are any last minute changes via this website. 

Great - a plan! 

Beanbob x

Highlighted

Hello Helen & Nicky and everyone

I would love to meet up with you all again. I can do both dates but not sure how I can get there. I will check and see if it's  possible.  As you can guess I am sorry to be back. I will know more  about treatment by then my onc appointment after ct scan is this Thursday.

take care 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Helen. I can do both dates but would prefer the Tuesday and this would give us a chance to check the weather or any extra messages on here etc in case we have to change the plans at the last minute. Hopefully Beanbob can make it as well, if not I will meet up with you in anycase. It will be nice to have a catch up with you, Beanbob and any other secondary ladies who would like to join us.

Nicky x

Highlighted

Hello,

We're getting there! Beanbob can't do Weds, me Thur & Nicky Fridays so looks like a Mon or Tue is good! Mon 1st or Tue 2nd Feb - I can do either date - shall I suggest the Spinnaker Tower cafe in Gunwharf Portsmouth at 2.30pm on whichever day is best for you ladies? Let me know. Looking forward to catching up with you again Nicky & meeting Beanbob & anyone else who can make it.

Love Helen xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi ladies

My treatment day is a Friday and every 3 weeks so it's probably best to say that generally I can't do Fridays that way I don't need to work out which week it actually is on!

I can get down to Portsmouth as that is the easiest place for Helen to get to and we did meet down there last year, very easy to park and enough places to go to have a chat and a cuppa.

I can't do next week as its a bit too soon and I have a CT early in the week but the following week (25-29) I can do any day and then I can do Mon 1st and Tues 2nd Feb and then all the following week in Feb. Obviously I can make the afternoons if that's best for Helen and fingers crossed the weather doesn't change to being wintry as that may make a difference to all of us.

Hope we can sort something out and I'll check back in here to see your replies and if anyone else in Hampshire with secondary BC would like to join us.

Nicky x

Highlighted

Hi Helen

Happy new year.  We've not met but let's change that!   Wednesday's are out for me because of trips to hospital but other days are fine. Do you want to suggest some dates and hopefully others will be along soon too. I am not sure what days Nicky can do but let's see .....

Beanbob

Highlighted

Hi there my friends in the South. I hope that you have had a lovely Christmas day. So sorry for not replying to your earlier posts -been having a bit of trouble using the forum. I would really like to see you all, I can be over in Portsmouth Gunwharf area most afternoons by 2.30ish from the Island, can't do Thursdays due to herceptin. Let me know when is best for you all. Take care of yourselves, love Helen xx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi - a quick reply to Beanbob. This forum is yet again not letting me reply to a PM,as it has done before, so apologies and will get back to you once it allows me to, or send me your email address (by PM) and I will reply. Just wishing you all the best.

Hi to everyone else on here as well. Wishing you all a Happy Christmas and a hope the New Year treats you kindly.

Nicky x

Highlighted

Hi Nicky -  

Good to hear from you.  I hope you had a good holiday. I have also been away much the same time and not checking in.  

I would definitely like to meet up. 

beanbob x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi ladies

Sorry for not organising something before I went away on holiday but I ended up with a few more hospital appointments than expected as well as a few extra days having to be spent at home waiting for furniture deliveries.

Other than a few appointments that are always a part of my life now, I am relatively free over the next few weeks.

Do you think we can organise a date and location to meet up before Christmas?

Let me know your thoughts, it's been a long time since any of us met and any new comers will be more than welcome to join in.

Nicky x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Beanbob, hope you are doing O K. I will look out for any other replies and see if anyone is able to make any of the dates that we have suggested, or I've said I can make. If there's no other takers at this point you and I could always meet up a bit nearer to both of us rather than travel down to. Portsmouth ?

Nicky x

Highlighted

Well done for the initiative Nicky. Would love to meet up. 

I can do 29th oct and 9th Nov.  I have some other days when I could get to Portsmouth for 2.30/3pm (2nd, 5th,  10th)

beanbob x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hello again. Sorry it has taken so long but I can blame my internet provider for that, grrrr, too many promises and too little action from them. Anyway I am back in cyber land and have had a look at the next few weeks in terms of dates.

The only dates I CAN'T do, due to hospital appointments or treatments, are Weds 4th, Friday 6th and then 12th and 13th - all November dates. Possibly Friday 30th Oct as well although I need to check with my daughter on that one. After 13th we are away for a bit so it would have to be later in the month. I hope we can all come up with a date that suits us all and hopefully meet in Portsmouth if that is Ok with everyone? Please reply, either those who have met beforehand or anyone else who would like to join us.

I will keep checking for replies and post again once I can see what suits people best, please feel free to PM me if you'd prefer.

Nicky x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi ladies and thanks for the replies. I'm still off line most of the time but hope to get wifi this week so I will look up dates and give a couple of suggestions. I'm ok with Portsmouth if everyone else is? Will be back in touch in a few days, I hope!

Nicky x

Highlighted

Hi everyone

Would love to meet up again Nicky. I now finish work at 12.30 every day so could pop across to the 'big' island one afternoon as long as its not too far from Portsmouth or Southampton city centre.

I'm away last week of October and Thursdays are not a good day (herceptin every 3 weeks).

Look forward to seeing you all.

Love Helen xx

Highlighted

Hi Nicky

Would love to meet up,  I live near Romsey, Hants and I drive so could meet wherever you decide.

x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi a very quick update as I don't have regular wifi at the moment having moved house a week or so ago. This will explain my absence in general from the forum but I'm hoping we can still get another meeting organised in the Hants area.

we have sadly lost many of our lovely friends this past year or so, not forgetting Kirsti who passed away in May (apologies for not posting this information sooner but unfortunately I haven't had much access full stop to the internet). 

We would love to hear from any ladies recently diagnosed with secondary BC and who would like to meet up in a relaxed atmosphere to chat about anything at all either related to this horrible disease or not. I know there are a few of us who had manged to meet up who are still interested, Helen and Beanbob especially but it would be nice to meet some new faces as well.

Please post on here if you are interested in meeting up and we can sort a place and time, that's for newbies as well as old hands 😊

Nicky x

Highlighted

oh no. Very sorry but totally understand, Nicky. I am not tied to Fridays any longer so we can find a new date.

Was anyone else planning on going tomorrow ? If I don't hear I will probably not start the journey but would meet you all at our next date. If you shout, I will come!

Beanbob x
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi
So sorry but I'm going to have to cancel for Friday. We have our house on the market and we now have a viewing on Saturday which is going to need me doing a bit (extra) tidying and cleaning on Friday. Although an afternoon away from all of that would be lovely unfortunately it means I will be too distracted to enjoy it.
I can't make any other Friday for a few weeks however, treatments and appointments not getting in the way, I am usually available most other days of the week. Please let me know if there's another suitable date soon for everyone either in Winchester or elsewhere in Hants area. Hope someone else replies to meet up with Beanbob.
Nicky x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Beanbob. I'm free and would live to meet up in the cafe in Winchester next Friday. Hopefully some other ladies, new or 'old' will be able to join us.
I'll check on here before leaving home next Friday to make sure there are no changes.
Have a good weekend.
Nicky x
Ps Yes, it would be good to get a date set in July when we can meet up with Helen and any other ladies in the Hants area nearer the coast

Highlighted

Helen, do you want to suggest a date time and place in July during school holidays - that would ensure you can be there.

Meanwhile, interim, does anyone want to meet me at the cafe at Winchester cathedral for 2pm Friday 12th June?

Beanbob x
Highlighted

Hi everyone,

I won't be able to make 12 June - it is the Isle of Wight Festival & transport is a nightmare that weekend!

It is more difficult for me to get further than Southampton or Portsmouth for a meet up as I need to tie up trains/ferries - the last trip to Alresford took me all day which is fine if it is in school holidays but I work until 1pm normally.

I would love to see you though so hopefully sometime soon.

Take care, love Helen x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi ladies and thank you Beanbob for posting a date, I was going to get around to it but I'm glad you have put one on here.
I am free that Friday as it's not one of my treatment days so it would be lovely to meet up with new and old faces. I wonder if Winchester is a good place to meet as I know Kirsti hasn't been able to make any of the ones we last had over towards where Jacqui lived, but I think she can make Winchester - please correct me if I am wrong. I am happy to get there if it suits the majority but, again, it may be difficult for Helen. If we can get as many replies as possible we can decide who is able to come and where is the best place.
Hope all you ladies are doing well and it would be so nice to meet up again.
Nicky x

Highlighted

Hello Maggot - welcome to our local group x

Hello Nicky, Kirsty and all

I could meet at 2pm on Friday 12 June.  I think Nicky has treatment though on Fridays?   

After that i have holiday so I am putting out a thought about Thursday 9th July instead? 

Beanbob 

x

Highlighted

Hi All

Would like to meet up with you all when you have a convenient date in mind.
Helen advised me to come to this thread, I live near Southampton
Maggie
Highlighted

Hi Beanbob and Nicky, I can't make 15th as away on holiday so shall we try for a June date?
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi ladies
Unfortunately I can't make either 1st or 8th, a short break and treatment being the reasons. Although I can't make Friday 15th I can do any other day of that week so, if it fits in with you both we could make it another day? After that I can make early June depending on which week as my treatment day is always a Friday.
Nicky x

Highlighted

I can do the 1st of May but not the 8th xx
Highlighted

Hi Kirstie and Nicky, Could either of you do 1 or 8 may instead? If not sometime in early June for me. I am happy to come to Winchester. Beanbob x
Highlighted

Hello everyone, I would like to meet up. I've been in a bit of a dark place for a while now and you girls may be just the tonic I need.

Love to everyone Kirstie xx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: Hants ladies next Meet Up

Hi Beanbob, and lovely to hear from you, I hope you are doing OK?
I had also meant to have posted on here about a meetup time and date but what with Easter, a holiday and regular hospital treatments on a Friday I hadn't managed to plan anything too far ahead.
Unfortunately I am not free on 15th May but, as far as I know I am around on 22nd if that is good for anyone.
I had thought of Winchester as a meeting point as we have not been there for quite a while and there may be others who would like to join us, especially now that we are such a small group. I know this may be difficult for Helen(44) but we could go more central this time for anyone who has not been able to get to the more recent places we have met in.
It would be lovely to see anyone from our 'original' group but also any other ladies with secondary BC who would like to join in, just post on here so we can all see numbers and who is around.
Nicky x

Highlighted

Hello everyone

Shall we meet up sometime soon to catch up with each other (hope you're all doing as well as can be) and share memories of the lovely friends who made this little group so active and special.

How about Friday 15th may? Happy to decide on venue when we know who can come and what works.

Beanbob xx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Helen, sorry I've not got back to you sooner but I also really enjoyed our little meet up last Monday. The weather driving home was horrible though, I hope your short crossing wasn't too bad either. I've got my fingers crossed for your scan results and hope that all is good, also that you get over the last lot of SEs from the Tax and steroids and don't need any further cycles. Do you then stay on Herceptin and hormone tablets? Do PM me or ask on here if you have any questions about continued SEs from the chemo etc.
I hope everyone else in our little group is doing OK and let me know who is up for a meet up in the next few weeks or who would like to join in.
Take care all
Nicky x

Highlighted

Hi Mara

I have PMd you - hope you are ok.

Hi All,

Nicky & I had a lovely morning last Monday in Portsmouth catching up - thank you for all the handy hints & tips Nicky, you have really helped me through the docetaxol.

Hope everyone's treatments are helping.

Love to all, Helen x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hants ladies next Meet Up

Sorry that you can't make the 16th, Beanbob, and I hope you are keeping well.
As far as I know Helen and I will definitely be meeting on 16th in Portsmouth and anyone else is more than welcome to join us - just PM me for details.  If the weather is bad we will reschedule.
Hoping everyone is doing OK and if anyone else would like to join in please let us know, the more the merrier.
Nicky x

Highlighted

Re: Another lovely lady has sadly died ..... Michelle

So sad. I am so sorry for Jacqui and Michelle family. 

And, yes, our group is feeling small.  I would love to see you, but cannot make 16th Feb.  But count me in for next time. 

Beanbob x 

Highlighted

Another lady sadly gone, may you rest in peace Michelle and I am sorry that I never got to meet you.

You are in a better place now, love Helen xx

Highlighted

Hello Ladies, I hope you don't mind my intrusion here but seeing your new thread title I just wanted to say I'm so very sorry you have lost another of your friends. I am the last of my small local group and am one of now three ladies left from a much larger group who first met here and then met regularly in real life. I think of my late friends often, miss them terribly. We had so much fun, so many good times. I'm so glad I knew them, it was a privilege. I suppose I just wanted to say I am thinking of you all and I'm so sorry.
With Love, Belinda. X
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hello Mara
I too had an email from Michele's son last night and was really shocked to hear that she had died. I was wondering when to post this when I saw that you had and I was too upset to add anything further last night. I had only spoken to Michele just over a week ago on the phone as she had sent me her phone number and although she sounded quite different from the Michele we knew and loved I didn't expect her to have gone downhill so quickly. This is such a difficult time for our now quite small group as we have lost Jacqui and Michele in such a short time. I hope anyone else who would still like to meet up, as suggested on 16th Feb, gets in touch so we can keep supporting each other as well as anyone else who would like to join us.
Take care everyone, thinking of you all.
Nicky x

Highlighted

Another lovely lady has sadly died ..... Michelle

Hi Everyone
I thought I had better pass on the sad news that yet another member of our group has sadly passed on. Michelle's family contacted me by email. I wasn't sure who else would know. So it falls to me to pass on this very sad news. I have all the information goes Michelle's funeral. Take care Mara. X