67976members
357925posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support group for secondary BC hampshire/Winchester?

Highlighted

Re: Support group for secondary BC hampshire/Winchester?

Tuesday 28th at 1.30 or earlier is great for me! Anyone like to share lifts..Dragoncarine I could give you a lift if you like. X

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi

Thanks for getting back to me/us Helen.  I did mean to add Julia on my last posting as well as you.  I'll have a look at what dates we've all come up with and then check back to see the days of the week that Julia cant make and see if between all of this we can come up with a suitable date.

Nicky xx

Edited:

I've had a quick look back and no-one has so far said the 28th/29th/30th isn't any good for them so I think it makes sense to fit in with Helen's dates if these are the only ones she can do.  I've checked back on what Julia has previously said about treatment days and it seems a Monday (every 3 weeks) is out.  As none of these dates is a Monday we can go for any of them.  All are good for me so shall we say Tues 28th?  If you can all say if this is OK we can confirm details and hopefully Julia will be along soon to say if its OK for her?  We can then move it out to the Weds or Thurs if needed, as long as we do it soon-ish as we all seem to be free at the moment.  xx

Highlighted

Hi everyone & welcome Judy.
I will reiterate what Nicky has said, meeting up in person is always lovely, you are amongst ladies who know exactly what you're going through. This forum is brilliant too.
I have quite a busy rest of Nov- can only do 28th, 29th and 30th, 1.30pm is fine for me Nicky but anytime is usually ok now retired! Had a CT today, results 22nd, fingers crossed the eribulin is working its magic - day 8 dose of cycle 13 yesterday so cannot taste a thing today, it'll be fine tomorrow though.
As I can only do those 3 days I quite understand if you decide another day fits better for everyone. Has anyone heard from Julia?
Hope treatment is going well for you all.
Love Helen x
Highlighted

Thank you Nicky I’m looking forward to it already x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi judy

Of course you are welcome to join us, it is a very frightening place to find yourself with mets and often you are the only one you know with them so it's also very lonely. Meeting up in person with other ladies in the same position can be very helpful and supportive - as is using this forum. I will wait to hear from Helen and see if she has any dates that are/are not suitable and then post the info on here. You may have read back on the thread but if you haven't we usually meet in the cafe at the bottom of the Spinnaker Tower in Gunwharf Quays at around 2.30. If possible I would like it to be earlier as the drive home for me is usually pretty bad as I get caught in all the traffic coming out of Portsmouth.

Watch this space!  Also, any other ladies with mets are more than welcome to join us, it's not restricted to Hants, it just that we used to meet regularly in Winchester which is fairly central in Hants so it made sense to put that in the original thread title.

Nicky x

Highlighted

Hi ladies, may I please join you at your November meeting. I’m newly diagnosed with liver mets and feeling a bit lost. I live just outside Portsmouth and would love to meet you all.

Highlighted

Hello, days best avoided for me are 15, 22 and not sure about 21 and 24 November. Other days should be fine. Thank you Nicky for organising . Be great to see you all again.

Highlighted

Only days I can't do in November are 20th and 23rd.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi

Having found out last week that I will be staying on the hormone treatment for a while (read:until progression!) it seems I won't be tied up with any particular treatment day so here's my availability for the next couple of weeks.  

Not free Tues 14th, Fri 17th Nov but generally free the other days.

If you can add any days you are/are not free I can work out a suggested date.  Also we will make the venue Portsmouth again as it's closer for everyone (except me!)

Nicky x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi

It was lovely to meet up with you all - and glad you could make it pippy - it helps to know we are not alone and  meeting others in a similar position is good as we can all talk on the same level, so to speak.  It's good that the chat about PIP helped as well, fingers crossed you get awarded it as it does helpwith finances especially if you have had to stop working or reduce hours.  If you get PIP you can also claim ESA if you are on chemo or similar treatment that means you're not earning as much as before.

I will check dates and come up with some suggestions for mid-end Nov.  At the moment I'm not sure what my treatment days will be so things could change but everyone else can still meet up if I can't make it.

Nicky x

Highlighted

Hello all it was great to meet you yesterday. I have applied for PIP today and my bcn is going to make sure I get it- thank you so much I am really chuffed. Re next meeting up Friday's are myy treatment day but that's 3 weeks out of 4, monday and Thursday are usually the best days for me but most days should be fine. Hope all goes well for you all in the next few weeks. Xx

Highlighted

Looking forward to meeting you all later! X

Highlighted

Hi Helen 

Thats great thank you, see you then. Looking forward to seeing you all again.

Love Julia X 

Highlighted

Hi Julia
I am catching the 11.59am train from Portsmouth Harbour on Wed which gets to Winchester 12.55. Meet you by the departures board by platform 4 & 5 at 11.50.
Love Helen x
Highlighted
Community Champion

Great that so many can make it.  Just check in on here that it's all going ahead next week but with quite a few of us able to get there I think there would be no need to cancel if someone can't make it.

1.30 at The Refectory in Winchester, 18th Oct

Nicky x

Highlighted

Or Colebrook street is good - it's by the council offices (and it's where the motorcycle parking is so that's where I'm heading).

Highlighted

Hi all

yes 18th is good for me. I can meet you at Portsmouth Harbour train station Helen if you let me know what time your catamaran is due in.

I'm very happy with 1.30 at Winchester as I'm out that evening and don't want to be home too late, I hope that will be ok for you ladies driving/riding ? 

Good ct results Nicky. Look forward to seeing you all on the 18th.

love 

Julia X 

Highlighted

After a bit of research I think Chesil car park is not too far away. x
Highlighted

Hello, I hope to meet you all on the 18th! I have got a few things on that day including bloods, picking up daughter, clinic appointment (managed to get a phone appt) . It will be fine as long as I am not too tired or poorly, I'm getting over a cold at the moment. I could also do 16th if needed to change. Can we park nearby? xx

Highlighted

Wed 18th in Winchester is fine for me. Can we make it 1.30 please as it takes 2 hours on catamaran & train from Island? Don't want to be too late getting home. The refectory at the cathedral is fine, I know Winchester quite well as daughter was at the Art School a few years ago.
Julia - will look at train times and we can go up together?
Hope you're all ok with treatments. Nicky - so pleased about your scan results.
Helen x
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi ladies

Well, I'm back from holiday, straight into an oncology appointment for the resukts of my CT.  These were very good, phew.  I now show only one liver lesion (whereas I had several a few months back) which continues to shrink and all bones are stable.  I will now find out whether I should stay on Eribulin or move onto another, hormone based treatment.  So, that gives me a few weeks of freedom (from treatments) and I can now fit in with the date that has been suggested, 18th.  It sounds like Winchester is good for everyone and I am happy to get there for 1.30 if that suits everyone, or we can make it 2pm?  The Refectory of the Catherdral is still probably the easiest place for us all to find, it is a bit of a walk from the station however for those of you coming by train.  But I don't really know of anywhere nearer as I don't know Winchester that well other than meeting a few times a few years back at the library (Discovery Centre?).  I can check this out if necessary and change the venue to there if they still have the same facilities however for those of us who drive (or ride) it is more difficult for parking if I remember correctly.

Anyone else with SBC who would like to join us please let us know on here, just so we know to look out for you.  All are welcome, it is not a closed or organised group, just some ladies with SBC who like to have a chatter about things and a cuppa.

Nicky x

Highlighted

18th is better for me as I'll need to spend monday at work catching up from having friday off (CT scan).

Highlighted

Hi everyone.
Looking at the dates that can't be done & what I can't do, the only dates that tie in are Mon 16th and Wed 18th for me. Sorry, we're away in Majorca 19th- 29th. So if either 16th or 18th is ok for everyone I am happy to come to Winchester for 1.30ish. Let me know.
Hope treatment is going well for you all.
Helen x
Highlighted

Hello ladies,

I hope the CT went as well as can be Nicky, Helen I hope you are now rested after your hols. I am happy to meet in Winchester still, I've left work now my ill health retirement came through. But there are some dates I can't do, I have treatment on 9th Oct, and the other dates I can't do are: 11th, 20th, 24th, and 30th is treatment day. Other than that I'm free. 

Look forward to hearing all your holiday news Helen and about the new baby Nicky, I bet grandma duties are wonderful.  Be lovely to see you again Dragoncarine, and meeting any newer ladies too.

take care everyone

love

Julia Xx 

Highlighted

I can't do: 4th, 5th, 6th, 13th, 20th, 23rd, 25th October as far as I know. Other dates in October should be fine. 23rd to 27th is half term so Tuesday 24th, Thursday 26th or Friday 27th would be handy as I wouldn't need time off work.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi ladies

I have now finished my eribulin, as far as know, but these oncs do have a tendency to surprise you! Due a CT later today with follow up in about 10 days. More than happy with the gap as we are having a delayed holiday in between the scan and the results.

Dates for meeting up will, for me, be in October. Until I find out what the next steps are I am free most days from 6th Oct onwards. Happy to fit around everyone's treatment, and work, commitments and also to travel to Portsmouth or Winchester. Maybe you can all suggest the dates that suit you and we can all come up with one that's fits all, or most, of us?

I may be able to check in here whilst away but if you don't hear from me it will be because I've not had internet and I'll respond once I get back.

Nicky X

Highlighted

I work at the School in Romsey - take time off whenever I need it. I'm having regular reflexology sessions and really appreciate the calm away from School!

Highlighted

Oops yes I got date wrong. I do hope the radio therapy does the job. Are you working full-time? it's a nice centre at romsey, I would be happy to meet there if you like.

Highlighted

Oops yes I got date wrong. I do hope the radio therapy does the job. Are you working full-time? it's a nice centre at romsey, I would be happy too meet there if you like.

Highlighted

Been in to Jane Scarth house in Romsey - date is wednesday 27th Sept, 2-4pm - sounds really good. Sadly I can't make it as I'm due to have radiotherapy on my arm that afternoon as pain is getting very annoying now.

Highlighted

Hello, apologies I have not been on for a while but feeling better and would like to try & join you. There is an event at cancer centre in Romsey on wednesday 22 sept, 2pm if anyone would like to come, its on mindfulness & dealing with symptoms, best check with them first. Hope to meet some of you soon. x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi

Sorry it's taken me a while to read this, I've been out all day and not had my phone - or iPad. Would it be OK to postpone it? I know you would have quite a long trip up to Winchester dragoncarine and to be honest I've got a busy week ahead with bloods on TUes and treatment Weds, plus of course a new grandson to fit in! I hope this is ok and once I get past Weds, when I have my last eribulin, I will post some alternative dates that we can all look at and work around. It's been a busy couple of weeks so an extra afternoon free would help quite a bit at the moment.

Nicky x

Highlighted

If only Nicki & I are able to make it, should we rearrange for another day - or shall we still go ahead with tomorrow?

Highlighted

Hi everyone
So so sorry but I can't make tomorrow. I am still on way back from France and I am feeling very tired with the travelling today. Think I need to rest for a day or two before onc appointment 20th Sept & next eribulin. Would definitely like to come over to Winchester though for next meet up. Sorry to be such a wuss.
Take care my friends.
Love Helen xx
Highlighted

I am intending to be there, will leave work just after 2 (when playground is clear of kids so should make it by 2:30). My washer upper lady has been given extra hours to cover for me when I need time off. 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi 

Just checking to see who is meeting up in Winchester tomorrow? As far as I know Helen and I have said we can, don't know if you are able dragoncarine? Sorry you can't join us Julia (and thanks for the congrats, he is gorgeous!). Helen, are you still able to make it as its quite a journey for you? 

Nicky x

Highlighted

Congratulations to all Nicky! Lovely news you are a grandma 😀👏

Love Julia  ❤️ 

Highlighted

Just waiting to se what I've got on atwork for monday, off today for hospital so hopefully will confirm by end of tomorrow. I intend to be there unless there's a mad rush of teacher panic requests.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi ladies

Just checking in to see who is able to make the next meet up this coming Monday in Winchester.

As far as I know both Helen and I can make it, Julia is on her treatment day (sorry you can't make it) and haven't had confirmation from dragoncarine.

Any other SBC ladies are welcome to join in.

btw my daughter had a beautiful baby boy last Thursday at 11pm. A week early but she was more than happy not to have waited any longer. Both doing well, as well as her OH.

Nicky x

Highlighted

Hi ladies,

just checking in with you all.  I had a great time in Norway and swam in a couple of the Fjords - chilly but invigorating. I managed to track down a couple of vintage shops and buy some old sheets which I'm busy turning into dresses 😁. Nicky you must getting so excited - not long now 👶🏻. I'm afraid I can't make the 18th it's my treatment day, but hopefully I can make the next one. Sending you all love and hugs and hoping everyone is doing well and all is peaceful. 

Love Julia X 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi ladies

I can also still do 18th Sept so we will go with that date - hope that its OK for everyone?  Meeting in Winchester at The Refectory near the cathedral at say 2.30?

Keep checking on here for any changes up until then.

Helen, my daughter is doing fine, just getting impatient!  If things change for me, such as her having her baby, I will update whether I can still make it or not.

Nicky x

Highlighted

Hi everyone
Lovely to meet you Dragoncarine last month. Hope you had a good holiday.
I can only meet on Mon 18th- happy to come to Winchester on train. Will keep checking here. We're off to France end of next week in between eribulin cycles. Started cycle 10 today - feel ok which is good.
Hope you're all getting on well with treatments. Not long now for your first grandchild Nicky, hope your daughter is coping ok.
Take care of yourselves.
Love Helen x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi

I'll wait until there's a few more responses to confirm dates if thats OK? I'm still OK for all of the dates as well but things could change so keep checking in here for more info.

Nicky x

Highlighted

All those days fine for me  as long as I'm not to busy at work.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi ladies, hope you have managed to get away from this awful August weather. We had a few breaks earlier in the year so have been at home for the 'summer' but doing a few visits and events to keep us busy.

Having checked my dates I realise that my next week off treatment is during the time when we have more workmen coming in so that week will be out for me unfortunately.  The other weeks do mean I will have to fit things around blood tests, onc appts, scans and treatment so I'm a bit limited - oh, and our eldest daughter is due to give birth as well! The best dates for me are 11th and 12th and then 18th and 19th but I could have to cancel at the last minute depending what is happening with my daughter.

Im suggesting we meet at The Refectory (cafe) just to the side of Winchester Cathedral as its easy to find. We used to meet here a number of years ago when the group first started and it is a large area with plenty of seats. I'm suggesting 2.30 but please say what time, and also what date, suits you all the best. If none of these dates suit us all we may have to come up with some others, or just go with the one that fits in with the majority. Also please feel free to suggest other dates, the ones I have put are the ones I know I should be able to make but it may be possible on other dates as well.

As I've said before, anyone with SBC is welcome, you don't have to live in Hants, it's just easier to get to if you do.

Nicky x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi ladies

It was lovely to meet up on Monday, despite the problems trying to park on a very busy day in Portsmouth!  Great to meet you Dragoncarine and enjoy your holiday, hope the weather improves from what we are having.

I will put some other dates up for early September once I have checked my treatment scedule but feel free to suggest dates as well.  We had talked about Winchester so I think that makes a good place to start with and if any other Hants ladies with SBC want to join us it may be easier than meeting in Portsmouth as it's more central.

Have a good August, may the sun (try to ) shine and I'll post again in a few weeks.

Nicky x

Highlighted
Community Champion

And the same from me! I'll aim to be there at 2.15 when Helen has said she will get there. Looks like it's going to be a nice sunny day ☀️

Nicky x

Highlighted

Hi ladies
Looking forward to seeing you later.
Helen x
Highlighted

That's good news Dragoncarnie about your scan results, always a huge relief. Hopefully meet you on Monday ☺

julia 😀

Highlighted

Hello, I plan to be there. I'll be on the bike, so easy to recognise as I'll either be in black leather or if it's raining wrapped up like some sort of black michelin man Smiley Happy

Got my appt to find out results of first scan since treatment began later today, feelings a little mixed at the moment but hopefully I'll be a little more settled by Monday. Update: scan results show Tamoxifen working, huge relief and feeling decidedly more positive about life Smiley Happy