64873members
341815posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support group for secondary BC hampshire/Winchester?

Highlighted

Re: Support group for secondary BC hampshire/Winchester?

Hi Nicky

sorry to take so long replying . I had a lovely  meeting with Helen it was great to catch up I will pm you about meeting you in Basingstoke it would be good see   you xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi ladies

I was waiting to see if beanbob replied about dates etc before suggesting anything else so we now know you are having a good time beanbob - which is great. I would have emailed you if I'd not heard but I've been busy with both sets of parents at the  moment, for different reasons, so havent had as much time as I'd have hoped.

So, we can arrange something for September but just wondering if dates in August are still OK? I can get down to Portsmouth if thats easiest, helen, or maybe Winchester if Mara wants to join in? I hope you two met recently especially as none of us have seen Mara for a while.  If it's difficult in August maybe MAra and i can meet in BAsingstoke, as was suggested once before? I'm fairly easy to travel to these places if thtey are best for everyone else?

Just update on here any dates etc that are convenient. I have treatment this Friday but after that not for another 3 weeks which leaves me relatively free as we are not going away this month. However I do have a couple of short breaks in september so will try to put some suitable dates up that most of us can make.

Nicky x

Highlighted

Hi all

sorry I missed this chatter about dates. I was away enjoying several post chemo holidays now my energy is back. I am going away again too, tomorrow to France. Back in September. Would love to see you all then. Happy holidays till then

Beanbob x

Highlighted

Hi Nicky

I am meeting Helen on the 6th so can't make this one. So glad you got across the pond you seem to be getting about a lot which is great. Just to say hi to Beanbob hope all is ok.

mara x

Highlighted

Hi there,
I'm away again in Spain in a fortnight. Could do Tuesday 9th afternoon, 15th, 17th, 30th, 31st - sorry! Next week was really my free week. Amazing how quickly the diary fills up around treatment!
Love Helen x
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Helen

As this is next week it's a bit tight for me as a couple of things have come up in the last few days - typical! I hope you get to meet up with Mara, maybe we should all come over to the IoW instead! How are you fixed for later in August? After next week I'm hoping things calm down and my weeks keep as free as they were when I posted.

Nicky x

Highlighted

Hi Nicky, Beanbob, Mara et al

I can come up on the train from Southampton to Winchester, not a problem. I'm free Mon 1st, Wed 3rd, Thu 4th, Fri 5th Aug - any of those days fit with you all? I think Mara is coming to Isle of Wight 5 - 8 Aug so we were going to meet up here as well.

Let me know asap - hope to see you!

Love Helen xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi ladies

Ive had a few frantic weeks what with being away on holiday and generally fitting in things between the few appointments I've had. 

As we're now into summer holiday territory are we able to arrange a meet up that we can all get to?

I'm thinking of Winchester as a central point but not sure how doable this is for you, Helen? I expect it would mean a full days travel more or less? We could meet in Portsmouth again but this I think is a problem for Mara? I would suggest Basingstoke again but having researched it over the weekend the train times up from Portsmouth (for Helen) make it far too long a trip for her - and there's not much here to see whereas Winchester might be a nice day out!

I am pretty free for August and early September except for every 3rd week for treatment on a Friday. If anyone is interested please add a message on here and we will see if we can get this organised in the next few weeks.

Helen - good to see you got to Paris and enjoyed theTdF again! Hope the headache that you mentioned before has gone and it's nice not to be going to work every day for a few weeks.

Nicky x

Highlighted

Hi Helen 

sorry your feeling off. Just thought I would let you know in case your worrying there is a real  headachy bug going around just like. Flu  it's ages since  I saw you all I hope to make August but I can't do  the 5th to the 9th  of to the Isle of Wight again . Thanks for worrying about me Nicky but I am not to bad at the moment except for stress overload lol take care Mara x

Highlighted

Hi everyone
I am so sorry but I won't be coming over tomorrow afternoon. I am very tired this week plus suffering with a permanent headache. I really wanted to see you all and have left it to the last minute to make a decision but I think I should get some rest.
Will be able to make a Winchester meet up in the first 2 weeks of August if that's any good.
Really sorry ladies, take care of yourselves.
Love Helen x
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi

Just checking that there will be at least 3 of us meeting this Thursday, 23rd, in Portsmouth?

If none of us can still make it can we post on here as we could re arrange and save the journey. I'm still fine to be there and if anyone else with secondaries based in Hampshire would like to join in please let me know on here or by sending a PM (Private Message)

Nicky x

ps will try next time to make a date and place that you are able to make Mara, hope you are coping OK with current treatments.

Highlighted

Hi Nicky

brilliant news about your scans. I hope to see you all in the summer unfortunately I can't make it this time

take care Mara x

Highlighted

Brilliant news Nicky - I bet you are relieved at that. Will be lovely to see you on 23rd and I should be able to make it up to Winchester one day in the summer holidays.

Helen x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi ladies

23rd is good for me as well. 2.30 at the cafe at the bottom of the Spinnaker Tower? Mara, if you can make it we'd love to see you, along with any other ladies in Hampshire who have secondaries.

After that maybe Winchester if Helen can make it in the holidays?

Nicky x

ps great scan results yesterday for me, phew, the drugs are still doing a good job xx

Highlighted

Hi everyone,

Hope you're all getting on ok with your treatments at the moment.

I am free 23rd June that week for a Portsmouth meet up - can be at Gunwharf for 2.30.

Hope we can sort a date out between us.

Take care, love Helen

Highlighted

Hi

Either 22nd or 23rd June in Portsmouth would be good for me. 

Thank you Nicky, and best wishes to all Hampshire girlies 

Beanbob X

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi

Apologies for not adding anything sooner. Beanbob and I did manage to meet up which was great to catch up.

Due to a couple of short holidays and some other things, i think we both said late June would be the next best time that we both might be around. The idea is to next go to Portsmouth so Helen44 can join us. So the week of 20th June was mentioned. Are any days that week OK with anyone? I know it's in term time but we thought the afternoon would work? Just reply on here anyone who can make it and we can hopefully sort it out.

Mara, hope you are doing OK and maybe you can join us as well if it's not too difficult? Otherwise we will have to sort out a more central location for the next one.

Nicky x

Highlighted

hi Nicky

i hope you had a good meet up we had a really great few days such wonderful weather it felt like the med. hope to eventually meet soon.

Mara x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Mara

Have seen your message - have a great time on the IoW!

Will try to contact Beanbob regarding today's meet up (which I'm still happy to go to btw Beanbob) and will post another date soon.

Nicky x

Highlighted

Hi Nicky

We are going to Isle of Wight this weekend and OH wants to add an extra day. I do hope you see this Nicky so sorry to be a nuisance but I don't have any other contact for you Mara x
Highlighted
Community Champion

Great! See you at the entrance of the 1st floor cafe in John Lewis Basingstoke (it's near the station) Thursday at 2pm

Nicky x

Highlighted

Hi Nicky and beanbob

i should be ok for Basingstoke I f that's ok with you both  2pm is fun me with me. 

Mara x

Highlighted

yes, I can make it. Looking forward to seeing you, beanbob 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi ladies

I hope everyone is enjoying the Bank Holiday.

Just checking to see if Thursday is still OK? I can still make it but probably not get to Winchester for 2pm as I'm busy in the morning. We can try the John Lewis cafe in Basingstoke if that suits? 2pm or 2.30? Just say whether you can make it or not and we will confirm on here.

Nicky x

ps new and old SBC ladies all welcome.

Highlighted

Hi Nicky &Beanbob I can do Thursday 5 th May its in my diary Mara X
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi beanbob

The Thursday is fine with me. I can do any of the places mentioned (and assume you can?) so we can see what Mara thinks, either now or nearer the time. If we put it in our diaries now we can make sure we all meet up whoever is available?

Nicky x

Highlighted

Small correction - i meant Thursday 5th may as a possible....

Highlighted

Got the message about this week. 

Mara, sorry you're not feeling too good.

and May - a good date for me would be Thursday 4th May. How does that work?  Is Winchester easier than either Alresford or Basingstoke for us all? 

Beanbob x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Oh dear, sorry to hear you are not feeling so good Mara. Take it easy and we will get something sorted for early May!

We will leave it this week as Beanbob has to come quite a way to get to Basingstoke and I've realised it may be a bit tight on timing for me to go to Alresford if we went back to our original plan.

Hopefully catch you both, and Helen, soon.

Will be in touch.

Nicky x

Highlighted

Hi Nicky

didnt want to let you down last minute not feeling too good at the moment so If I say no now  you and Beanbob can go back to our original coffee shop. I hopefully May will be ok for everyone Marax

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi

Thanks Beanbob for getting back to us.

Mara are you still OK for this Friday? (15th)

If yes then I suggest we meet at 2.30 at the Cafe entrance at the new JL in Basingstoke. Beanbob can get there as near to that time as possible.

If not then it looks like next week is out (for Beanbob) and I know I have a week of appointments the following week so it would then be the first week in May.

Lets see how we do!

Nicky x

Highlighted

Hi Nicky Mara

i can make Friday 15th but not Friday 22nd (or any other day next week). 

Beanbob x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Mara

We'll wait to hear back from Beanbob as I realise I can't make next Friday (sorry, should have checked 1st) although I'm free the other days next week. I can still make this Friday if everyone else can.

Nicky x

Highlighted

Nicky sorry next week would be fine with me I can get a train or a bus not been in the new John Lewis yet Mara x
Highlighted
Community Champion

No problem Mara. We can go back to the original suggestion of Basingstoke. There is a brand new John Lewis/Waitrose right near the station where we can meet. I had forgotten about it until OH mentioned it as I haven't gone there to use the cafe therefore don't normally see it! There is a cafe on the first floor, above Waitrose although there is also a smaller coffee place on the ground floor in the Waitrose section. The cafe is probably better as its a bit bigger and there's another seating area as well on the same floor. It's about a 2 or 3 minute walk from the station, you turn left after you've walked down the steps at the front of the station. It may be signposted but I've not walked to it so don't know. There is also parking on level 2. The cafe can be accessed by the moving travellators which aren't the easiest or there are lifts.

If this works for all of us please say on here so we can confirm. Maybe we can aim for 2.30 when I could meet Mara and hope that Beanbob is able to get there by 3? If it's getting too complicated maybe we can leave it for a week when we all can make it?

Nicky x

Highlighted

Sorry Ladies I have a problem with my lift to Alresford this is so frustrating Mara
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi ladies

Im still free on Friday as well. If Alresford is quicker to get to for you, Beanbob, shall we say we meet there? Say 2pm if you can get there by then? Or 2.30 if that's better? Just let us know, we can meet in the same coffee shop as we always have done. Otherwise if Basingstoke is nearer, which I can't think it is, we can meet here as I now know of a place we can go which I had totally forgotten about. If not we can meet in Basingstoke another time if it's easiest for Mara.

Anyone else with mets living in the Hampshire area is welcome to join us, you can always PM me for more details or just add to this thread and I can give more details.

Nicky x

Highlighted

Hi Nicky & Beanbob and happy birthday Helen

i can do the Friday 15 I can get a lift to Alresford if that helps. Sorry I'm late replying just had a few days in the South West.

mara x

Highlighted

Hi Nicky, Mara, Helen (happy birthday!) 

I have never been to Basingstoke but there can always be a first time!  Friday 15th April is good but I have something in the morning and with the journey up I would try for 2.30 but it could be 3pm arrival. 

I'd be v happy to put in a Portsmouth meet up for May (Thursday 19th, Friday 20th May?)

Beanbob x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi ladies

Sorry we weren't able to meet up this week and a belated Happy Birthday to Helen (I read it on another thread) 🎈🎉🎂

Im assuming Mondays may be difficult for us all? How about Fridays? We used to meet regularly on a Friday so I'm hoping this is the best day of the week still. I can do the 15th if that helps? As to meeting in Basingstoke unfortunately there aren't many/any nice coffee shops other than the chains and these are all fairly busy most of the time so I'm not sure where we could meet that would allow us to have a more private chat as I know we often are quite honest with each other and it could get some funny looks from people close by! I will have a think if it's the only place we can meet up that's easy for us all. Helen we will have to try another meet up in Portsmouth once we get back on track!

Nicky x

Highlighted

Hi Nicky and Beanbob

i find Basingstoke easier than Winchester if I remember correctly Beanbob is over that way if that helps more trains and buses. Sorry we won't meet this timeHelen.

Let me know dates I can't do  the13 or 18 April.

mara xx

Highlighted

Hi everyone
No worries about Mon, hope we can come up with an alternative date. Sorry that term time is tricky for me unless it's after 2.30 & somewhere easily accessible from the Isle of Wight.
Hope you're all doing ok at the moment. See you soon, love Helen xx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi ladies

It looks like Monday isn't good for all of us or the following Monday.

We will have to come up with a new date and another one that Helen can make as I know it's difficult to get here during term time.

Next week is rather full for me as its treatment week so I'll suggest a couple of dates for the following week once I've checked what I'm up to. Hopefully we (me, Mara and Beanbob) can still meet up in Winchester if that's the easiest/most accessible for us? 

Nicky x

Highlighted

Hi all - afraid I can't do either 4th or 11th April but I'll join you another time, hope you all had happy Easters, beanbob X 

Highlighted

Hi Nicky Beanbob Helen

unfortunately I can't do the 4th April I am actually finally doing a trip back to Devon it's amazing I haven't been back for nearly two years. I can do the following Monday 11th. Sorry to be a nuisance I was looking forwa d to seeing you all.

Mara 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Helen and thanks for the reply. Having been a bit busy over Easter I had read your post but had it in my head you had said the Weds, which I knew I couldn't do. However the Monday is fine with me, how does it suit you, Beanbob and Mara? We could meet at the Cathedral refectory if that is easiest (although a bit of a walk from the train station if I remember correctly) and could make it lunchtime rather than any later? Let me know if this is good for you all, and anyone else wanting to join in and I can confirm. I don't want you making such an awkward journey though Helen if it's only me that can make it.

Nicky x

ps Hope you are enjoying your trip but a bit of sad news to hear about the cyclist who died over the weekend.

Highlighted

Hi ladies

Sorry I haven't been on for a while. Got your PM Nicky - I could come across to Winchester on Monday 4 April if that was a suitable meeting place for you all? Let me know.

Off to Belgium on Easter Monday to watch my men in lycra - bike racing!

Happy Easter everyone, hope you're all feeling ok at the moment.

Love Helen x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi beanbob

Thats great news and a huge relief I'm sure. Sorry it's taken so long to reply but it was my birthday last week and we had a busy time then went off to Venice for a few days (as we do!) so only just back. I have replied to a PM from Helen where she suggested some dates in early April she can do but haven't heard back. Helen, if my PM didn't get through can you let me know, I've been having problems with them recently.

Everyone enjoy the Easter weekend whatever you are up to and hopefully we can organise a meet up soon which we can all get to.

Nicky x

Highlighted

Hi all

It was lovely to see you Nicky back when we did meet up. Sorry to miss you then Mara. 

My news is good - scans were good, treatment is working and so I will do another 3 months on reduced dose (to save my poor toes and fingers). 

Looking forward to a meet up at some stage come spring.  It's so nearly here!

Beanbob 

xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi ladies

We're sorry you weren't able to make it today MMars, Beanbob and I missed you. At least we know now what the reason was and I hope you feel less achey soon. We will try and keep the momentum going and sort another date out in the next 4 weeks or so. Hopefully we can all meet at some point when Helen is able to make it to maybe Winchester? Keep us posted on Amy dates that are suitable, Helen, and we will also try to get down to Portsmouth again soon.

Great news about your results Helen, that must be a big sigh of relief once the results are known, I know it is for me.

Have a good weekend everyone and we'll sort another date out soon.

Nicky x

btw I am still struggling with getting PMs to work, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't! So if I don't reply to any PM you send me I'm sorry, the system just doesn't allow me sometimes.