Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

meet up in sussex

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
JMP

Re: meet up in sussex

Hi for information. Judith.

The next Living with Secondary Breast Cancer Session in Brighton will take place on the 23rd January 2019, 11am-3pm

This is a Speaker Session on Diet & Healthy Eating.

Refreshments / Welcoming: 11:00-11:15
Speaker: 11:15-12:30
Lunch: 12:30-13:00
Meet-up: 13:00-15:00

Healthy Eating and Secondary Breast Cancer
Eating well can help to manage with some side effects that a diagnosis of secondary breast cancer and its treatments can cause. During the session, we will discuss which food groups may be able to help with fatigue, weight management and other side effects such as nausea. There will also be an opportunity to ask questions.
You might also be interested in joining our on-line Live Chat sessions for secondary breast cancer which take place every Tuesday from 8.30pm - 9.30pm.
Address: S1 St James, Vicar Lane, Sheffield, S1 2EX
© Breast Cancer Care 2018. Registered charity: England and Wales 1017658, Scotland SC038104.

For those that don’t know, Breast Cancer Care run meetings for people living with secondary breast cancer in Brighton. They take place every month, the next meeting will be on 23rd January. 2019 11am-3pm You’d be more than welcome to join.

If you have not been before please can you call Breast Cancer Care on 0345 077 1893 to find out more, or alternatively you can email- secondaryservices@breastcancercare.org.uk .

You might also be interested in joining the online Live Chat sessions for secondary breast cancer which take place every Tuesday from 8.30pm - 9.30pm- https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/information-support/support-you/live-chat

We all hope that you will feel more than welcome to join either or to get in touch if you do have any questions.
Tom Teeling Smyth
Services Development Manager (Secondary breast cance)

Breast Cancer Care
S1 St James, Vicar Lane, Sheffield, S1 2EX
Telephone: 0345 077 1893

Highlighted

Hi everyone, I have been asked to share this with you all, Smiley Happy

For those that don’t know, Breast Cancer Care run meetings for people living with secondary breast cancer in Brighton. They take place every month but the next meeting will be on 19th December 2018, 11am-1pm. You’d be more than welcome to join.

If you have not been before please can you call Breast Cancer Care on 0345 077 1893 to find out more, or alternatively you can email- secondaryservices@breastcancercare.org.uk .

You might also be interested in joining the online Live Chat sessions for secondary breast cancer which take place every Tuesday from 8.30pm - 9.30pm- https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/information-support/support-you/live-chat

We all hope that you will feel more than welcome to join either or to get in touch if you do have any questions.

Thanks

Tom

Highlighted
JMP

Living with Secondary Breast Cancer

The next Living with Secondary Breast Cancer Session in Brighton will take place on the 19, December 2018, 11am-1pm

This is a Meet-up Session.

Refreshments / Welcoming: 11:00-11:15
Meet-up: 11:15-13:00

You might also be interested in joining our on-line Live Chat sessions for secondary breast cancer which take place every Tuesday from 8.30pm - 9.30pm.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Good to hear you got to the meeting and found it useful/supportive. I  won't be able to be at the met on 17th but am hoping to be at the November one

Highlighted
JMP

Hi everyone, the next East Sussex Meet Up is Wed Oct 17th 11:00-13:00 at The Brighton County Cricket Ground. I went to last months’s, very supportive and positive group.!
Highlighted
Community Champion

I'm definitely planning on going to meeting next week it is now at the cricket ground permanently. If you are up to it I hope to meet you sometime

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi JMP

Hope your reatment is going well and you aren't too tored.

I'm not going to this weeks meet but m hoping to go to the September one as there is a speaker as well as meeting.

If you are up to it ,it would be good to meet you in person x

Highlighted
JMP

Hi JulieD I didn’t go either as was too tired. Finished cycle 7 today. I went to Look Good Feel Great ( been aiming to go since Feb ), on Tuesday and walked back home was shattered after that. Was trying to do one social thing each day.
Highlighted
Community Champion

JMP, sorry not going to make it today 🙁 Hope to go to next month's x
Highlighted
Community Champion

My pain/mobility has been a bit iffy recently so haven't been but am hoping to get to Stanmer - hope to see you there! Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
JMP

Hi JulieD Buzzing and Brighton Belle.
No not attended any as yet as was too tired. My chemo has been reduced and I have bit more energy so hoping to visit Stanmer House next week.
Judith xx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi,

I was just about to post that info Smiley Very Happy

Have you been to any of them so far?

Am hoping to get to this one so maybe we will meet there

Julie x

Highlighted
JMP

Highlighted
JMP

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Buzzing and JMP,

I  ran the SussexSecs group, we mainly met for llunch and had a good time as well as knowing we could get support and tak about what we wanted.

Sadly I'm the only member left now so there is currently no group.

I do kbow that BCC have recently started a monthly session in Brighton. I  haven't managed to get along myself yet as I'm having a few pain/mobility issues. It might be something to look at though.

I  don't think   want to run another group at the moment ( I still run a FaceBook SBC group). But if either of you would like to meet up for coffee/lunch sometime maybe we could get together somehere or maybe we can meet at the BCC sessions.

JMP you are quit near me I'm in Westdene. Buzzing you are a little further but the buses are oknso we could probably find somewhere good for all of us

Highlighted
JMP

Hi everyone,
Is this group still Active please? I live in Seven Dials.
Thanks 😊
Highlighted

I would love to meet up I'm a newbee! I live in Seaford and Brighton Marina is easy for me.  x

Highlighted

Hi Julie and others. yes I would like to come to next meet up. Please keep me in the loop. I can do most days at the moment. Thanks (Helen)
Highlighted
Community Champion

OK, no definite date but thinking we'll get Bank Holidays, Half-term out the way and meet first couple of weeks of June. Probably in pub at Brighton Marina. How does that grab anyone?!
Highlighted

Be nice to see new faces,do join us for a chat and a few laughs. xx

and lunch too...food and drink essential!!!!

Highlighted
Community Champion

Watch this space - details of next lunch coming soon!
Highlighted
Community Champion

BUMP
More members welcome! xx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hello brightnell and ratsypan,
There is a Sussex secondary group (are you secondary women?) and we meet lunch everyso often. I'm about to start looking dates for next lunch if you are interested. PM me on this site and we can swap email addresses if you like and I can give you more details.
Will be good to meet you!
Julie xx
Highlighted

Ooh, I live in Hove too and would like to join in the sussex meetings, please (if I'm brave enough to go!). Would be great to meet everyone.

Rachel

Highlighted

Hello,
I have joined the forum. I saw your post and have missed your meet up. I live in Portslade. Have you agreed another meeting date? can I attend?

Thanks Helen
Highlighted

meet up in sussex

hi, few of us with secs. meeting up at my home in hove near brighton tommorrow at 1 p.m. sorry its bit late in the day your very
welcome. Pm me if you are intrerested.