Did you mean: 

Forum

4 REPLIES 4
Jill1998
Community Champion
Jill1998
Community Champion

Re: Forum

Hi Melanie ,I was diagnosed 6 years ago now ,talking to other people who understand has helped me so much over the years . You don’t just bounce back and move on after your treatment has finished it has a lasting impact - sometimes it’s very much in the background ,other times it comes up and kicks you in the shins !! Your Mums diagnosis will have really brought back feelings from when you were first diagnosed .

there’s a moving forward after breast cancer section which may be helpful to you and there’s a chat and games section where you can talk about anything really . I will send you links to both sections .

https://forum.breastcancernow.org/t5/Moving-forward-after-breast/ct-p/living_with_beyond_breast_canc...

Teachen

Thank you Jill my names Melanie, I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer last  year in January, I had 5 months of chemotherapy, then surgery, I had a mastectomy and also all my lymph nodes removed were under my right arm then I received radiotherapy. I’m still waiting to have reconstruction, my other half doesn’t want me to have it incase something goes wrong but I need it for me. I still get days when I feel down and get some days when I just cry, my mum has recently been diagnosed with cancer too, she doesn’t tell me as much as she doesn’t want to worry me and thinks I have enough on my plate. It’s nice to know I’m not alone and reading so many people feel the same way is a relief. 

Jill1998
Community Champion

Hi welcome , what would you like to talk about  / where are you up to with your diagnosis / treatment . The forum is divided into lots of sections depending on what you’d like support with - there’s no section specifically to introduce yourself / new to the forum .Let me know and I will try and help you find your way around .

Jill x

Teachen

Forum

Hi I'm struggling how to use the forum and to introduce myself,  could someone please help, thank you Melanie