No more treatment

Came into hosp 2 weeks ago now  and just discharged home. There is nothing more to be done for me. I’m scared and numb. i don’t know if anyone will read this.

23 Likes

Very sorry to hear your news ,sending  you lots of love and hoping you have lots of support at home .Are you getting support from hospice ?

Hi Carol, I am so sorry to hear of your news. I do hope that you will phone the nurses here and get some help and support at this very difficult time. Has your GP been informed? You must access help through them. They can put you in contact with Marie Curie if you have not done so yourself. My GP service has a cancer nurse who is available. I guess at the moment you are just processing this information, and I’m hoping that you have family and friends who can support you at this time. I’m sending big hugs. Please keep in touch if you can. X

Carol I am so sorry to read your post,I don’t take part in many discussions,I read them ,and hope i live with this awful **bleep**ty disease as long as I can,like you I am scarred every day.

I just want to be here to see my family grow.Like your earlier post I had no idea what Secondary Breast Cancer meant.I think Secondary Breast Cancer needs to be highlighted more and the awful devastation that it causes to families,also the treatment that Can be given to help Secondary Breast Cancer.

There is not enough awareness of what this disease can do.

I can only say I am so sad,that treatment for you has ended,I don’t know you but so sorry.

bw.xxxx

How you doing sweetheart? x

Hi Carol,

Sending virtual hugs to you. I’m so sorry to hear your news. I can only imagine how you feel (I had a secondary scare 3 years after initial diagnosis).

Do you have enough support and assistance at home? Has the hospital provided you with guidance on pain relief?

Are there ways you can try and calm your mind a tad, via mindfulness, taking in sights and sounds of nature if you are up to being taken out, or some such?   

Sending hugs,

Seabreeze xxx

Hi @carolsav,  I can’t even begin to imagine how you feel.  I only I have one more treatment option left and then i will be in the same place as you.  Scary, numb, unfair doesn’t even cover it.  I lost my little sister (37 yrs old) to cancer 4 years ago and it was a matter of weeks after no more treatment options.  Horrible rubbish times.  My heart goes out to you.  And I know I am not far behind you… big love x

3 Likes

I am sat waiting for my chemo and my stomach has knotted and my pain for you is so real it hurts. I too am secondary which has gone to my liver, currently I’m ok but I know this could be at any time. My whole being cries out to you.  I would hate to be facing what you are currently, but I am equally aware it could be my turn any time in the future. You must be so frightened my lovely, I hope and pray you can eventually fell more at peace within yourself. You have all my love in this journey. Kind thoughts Barbara

Bless you xxx