1 year on

I am one year in remission from bc having had chemo, lumpectomy and radio. I have been told a few weeks ago my Grandad has acute myeloid lukemia and has anything from 2 weeks to 2 months to live. All the feelings of dread, anger, sadness have came flooding back and I don’t know how I will cope when he passes away as I lived with my Gran and Grandad and Dad when my mum and dad divorced when I was one years old so they are like parents to me. My Gran does not want to cry in front of him incase she upsets him. They have been married for 56 years and have only been apart for 2 days of their whole married life.
I didn’t want to be one of those why me people but after my diagnosis in 2006 my mum had a stroke aged 48 years old and my gran (mums mum) had a nervous breakdown I do not know how much more I can take.
Sorry for the long story but I feel so alone just now.

oh Shezy,
just read your post and want to give you a big hug. i can only imagine what you feel and how angry and annoyed you must be, especially being so close to your grandparents and he has seen what you went through. the shock of the news must have brought back the old feelings.
I am about a year since dx and i know it is not easy as you do not just ‘get over it’.
do you have ant friends you can talk to outside of the family? i know it’s not easy to then start talking to other people.
your grandma bless her.
I just don’t kno what to say. make some happy memories with your grandparents as these memories no one, not ece the b****y ‘C’ can take away.
i know you feel you alone but you always have support from people on here.

All the best, love and super hugs

Nadia xxx

shezy,

so very sad…im only a few weeks out of treatment too…had herceptin, but mum dx a year ago still under treatment, dad died 5 years ago, mil died of bc 4 yrs, ex hubby bi=polar ie off the planet!..my kids 7,10,13…and granny still going at 91, although really unhappy in nursing home, therefore i think its all about qualityof life…ohh and uncle in candida has a rare blood ca, very limited life, my mums brother…so thus im going to see avriel lavigne at weekend, OH bought a speed boat today…life is for living…

Hi Shezy

It sounds like you’re having a really tough time at the moment, maybe it would help to talk to someone in confidence about how you are feeling. Please don’t hesitate to call the BCC helpline as the staff on here are able to offer you a listening ear as well as support and advice if needed. BCC are here to support you so please use us if it will help. The number to call is free phone 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm and Saturdays 9am to 2pm.

Kind regards

Sam
BCC Facilitator