cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 year since dx...

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: 1 year since dx...

Maired - all I can say is Congratulations for 1 year on! Just remember that everyone is different and just because statistics say one thing, that doesn't mean that it will apply to you, I think the most important thing is live life to the full and enjoy every moment of it. Well done for getting this far!

Here's to life

Mx

Highlighted

Sorry to be negative, but I am 16 months from dx, and I have been told that it is years 1 - 2 rather than 0 - 2 that are the most risky for return as the first year is too close from rads or chemo finishing to be high risk.

Highlighted

It's a year for me too.

As far as I know with ER+ cancer the risk of recurrence lingers on and on. Unfortunately it is the gift that keeps giving. People get recurrences 5 years, 10 years, 20 years after initial diagnosis.
With ER- cancers it seems that recurrence risk drops quite sharply after 5 years or so.

Susan Love says that two thirds of women with bc are actually cured but we don't know which ones they are. She doesn't reveal any data to support that though.

Once you get hit with the cancer stick I think the risk of recurrence is always there. Sorry I cannot be more positive or reassuring but that is just the way it is it seems.
We need a complete and total cure.

Highlighted

1 year since dx...

Hi, finally reached the one year mark in this cancer journey. i know the chances of it coming back after 2 yrs drop dramatically but do they after 1 year? it would be nice and reassuring to know that im less risk of secondaries now and i dont have to stress in the next yr as i have done this past yr!! also does anyone know when the remission starts? is it from the date you have cancer removed or treatment starts. i didnt have chemo so cant be from that date! thanks x