1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10 months on...

5 REPLIES 5

Re: 10 months on...

I found aqueous cream from the pharmacy useful and cheap to use while massaging.

Has your physio massaged it or used ultrasound? Or just done exercises?

im sure it will improve with time, you sound like you are doing all the right things

x

Thank you Flint and Runningfree for responses. The pain is deep and muscular. I will try massage and see if it eases. I suspect it will just take time. In the great scheme of things it's no great problem to manage day to day, I just wondered how common it was.

Hi Amelia, sorry you are suffering

like you I had right mx end of November with no reconstruction followed by chemo but no rads

ive done the main exercise the physio taught me ( stretching my arm up the wall and turning away) up my bathroom wall every time I go to the loo! If I don't I still feel it tighten

also I have now learnt that I need to massage the scar, it helps clear minor seroma which can also cause symptoms

my physio also gave me 2x weekly gym sessions with weights cross trainer etc over 6 weeks which really helped

i also run, but am finding the herceptin/ tamoxifen combo hard going 4 months in. Sometimes my right arm feels heavy after running.

my scar is more fuzzy than painful now

does it feel like it's more like skin damage or is it deeper?

all the best

x

Hi Amelia

I also had no recon.I didn't have radiotherapy so can't comment on that aspect but it did take me about two years to get to a point where I wasn't aware of the changes to my muscles etc almost all the time. I do not remember any particular soreness but there was so much else that felt really odd.It was very tight for all that time. You say you do stretches - are you still doing the prescribed post op exercises and fitness routines? I found those very useful and still do them.The tightness comes back if I don't.

Perhaps your BCN might be able to shed some light on it and if others have reported the same.

I hope the soreness settles soon. Best wishes

10 months on...

I had a right mastectomy (no reconstruction) and level 1 node clearance in November 2015, followed by radiotherapy. The area above my scar, around the pectoral muscle is very, very sore to touch. I've been reassured by oncologist that there is nothing sinister. I've had a few physio sessions but they don't seem to be helping. I do stretches and run twice a week.
Does this get better with time?