Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10 years on

8 REPLIES 8
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: 10 years on

I celebrated ten years since diagnosis yesterday which was rather over shadowed by the death of Nelson Mandela. At least I'll always remember the day he died

Mole

tracyld

Great news Maria,

It is so good to remember that we can survive for a very long time as long as we stay happy and positive. I am only 3 years down the line but I remember one of my district nurses who attended me told me that her mother had lived over 18 years after double mx and I thought Wow !!  We add on the years to our present age and imagine all the things we can do and what milestones we will see our children achieve. My daughter is only 21 but her and her partner have just bought their first property with the Help to Buy scheme . So now I just want to see her get married and have children ........and so the list goes on ,   ever hopeful that we will see all our dreams come true.

Thanks so much for posting Maria.

Love Tracy xxx

marial

My scan was done, and the doc says there is nothing to worry about, so I'm fine now until the next check up in Feb 2014.

All the best to you all and take care.

xx

moorcow

hey poems galore , i go through phases of being on here, esp around the time of anniversaries and milestones or check ups, and then don;t visit for months! Whatever we need i reckon , at least its always here for us,

cheers M

mazabel

I am 3 years down the line and have my annual mammo next month..I hope like Maria I will be posting in another 7 years.
So pleased for you x

Guest user
Not applicable

Thank you Maria ,
poemsgalore

Yes, thank you Maria

I was only DX in 2012, so haven't passed my first year mark yet, and I still 'haunt' the forums every day in the pretence that I might be helping someone else with my support. Truth is, I still need the support of being here myself. I hope that in 10 years time I will be able to break myself of the habit and just visit occasionally.  Here's to another 10 years being NED for you.

poemsgalore xx

moorcow

Well done you and thanks for posting. N

marial

10 years on

Hi, just to let everyone know, 10 years ago I had just finished my treatment for bc.  I never thought I would be able to write this 10 years ago, but I am still here.

I did have big blip in 2010 when I was diagnosed with bc in the other breast, but finished that treatment 3 years ago. I'll be having my annual scan soon to check I am still NED, but I feel fine.

I don't come here very often, but I remember taking solace in reading the good stories when I was going through treatment, so if I give hope to someone, that's great.

Take care everyone

Maria