3 REPLIES 3

Re: 11 years on Arimidex

Not heard of Arimidex or a course of 11years

Was there no alternative?

Glad you are out of it.

Can't wait to come off Letrozole in 3 yrs

Anthea 

OMG! You're just the person I've been searching for LancsLass! I was desperate to find out whether I could expect any return of my libido and the return of any feeling 'down there', other than pain, when I stop taking Anastrozole in Feb next year. The loss of my sexual desire and feelings has been perhaps the most upsetting thing through all this. I was desperately hoping there was someone out there whose libido had returned after the medication was stopped - and now you have given me hope. Thank you LancsLass 😄

So happy for you and let it continue!!!!Wishing you many romantic times with your partner big hugs debs xx

11 years on Arimidex

Hi everyone, this forum was a lifeline to me 12 years ago when I found that I had multifocal bc. 

I have been on Arimidex for 11 years, my oncologist suggested that I come off it after 10 but I was too frightened even though I was starting to suffer real side effects of the meds.  One of those effects was a total lack of desire in anything sexual, I also had my ovaries removed so that didnt help with the dryness that I suffered.  I had virtually no interets in sex and really wanted to be on my own. 

I have gone through all the emotions of that, feeling guilty, jealous of others who seem to be in a 'happy' sexual relationship, angry, I convinced myself that not haviing sex maybe was just how it was, my partner and I just managed to struggle through this but I dont know how.

Three weeks ago I missed my Arimidex for the first time ever, I had run out and due to this I slowly thought about coming off it it has now been over three weeks.

I just wanted to mention to others that for the first time in forever I have started to get some feelings back with regard to sex, its like a cloud is slowly lifting, Im hoping it will get even better.  x