cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

13 week wait for Rads from surgery!

4 REPLIES 4
mindful

Re: 13 week wait for Rads from surgery!

I had WLE in December and the. Had to go back for sentinel node biopsy in Jan and had rads in March so similar waiting time. My treatment team were not worried about the delay and they have been very vigilant over other matters. The hardest thing was waiting for the dates. I didn't have chemo either. I got through treatment and recovery using mindfulness meditation which puts you in a much better place mentally. You have probably com to the end of your treatment now but remember it can make you tired for several weeks so be kind to yourself.
nappinggirl

I had my ops in early April and early May and then waited 3 months for Rads to start.  I know it is a long time to wait but I was pleased that my body had time to recover fully.  Rads take it out of you both mentally and physically and you need to be strong enough to cope.

manathu

I had my first op in March & my second in April. Like you I didn't have chemo but I have only just finished my 3 weeks of radiotherapy as there was a huge backlog of people at my hospital.  I honestly don't think you need to worry. I'm sure they wouldn't put us in any danger. Good luck with your treatment.

Monica

Aura

Hi cesrabbit
I had my lumpectomy in May and had to have more surgery for clear margins . I started rads on the 20th August that was 13 weeks from my 1st operation and 11 weeks after my second , I had mine delayed due to having cellulitus in my boob . I know they wanted to get me started asap after infection cleared . I have only 3 more days to go . I know my curcumstances are different from yours but the waiting time is about the same . Take care and good luck with rads come and join us on September sizzzlers x
Cesrabbit

13 week wait for Rads from surgery!

I'm feeling rather anxious. Just had planning appointment and my first rad appointment is 22 September, 13 week post lumpectomy. I think this is a massive wait and way out of guidelines. I remember surgeon saying rads should be completed within 90 days and this hadn't happened. I've phoned, made a fuss but to no avail as they are 'so busy with cases at the moment'! I'm just hoping it won't affect future outcome. Has anyone else waited this long (who didn't have chemo)?