18 and scared

I’m new to this website but found it and finally thought I should tell someone.

I am 18 and for as long as I can remember, I have had quite large lumps in my breats.

I remember at the beginning of high school when my breats first started to develop, I had them then. They are quite large lumps and can be a bit painful when I lie on my front. I have never told anyone, not even my mum. There are times when it’s all I think about and times when it doesn’t bother me. I don’t know what to do.

I’ve read that you can have cysts, which aren’t dangerous and i’m hoping it’s that. I’m scared to tell anyone - even my doctor. I’d want to know if they were cysts but not BC, I don’t know how i’d cope. I’m nearly about to finish my first year at university and I just don’t know what I would do if it was BC.

I’ve had the lumps for as long as I can remember - maybe 7 years or so? I still panic from time to time but just try to push it to the back of my mind.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what it could be?

Thanks.

Hello  B29

Welcome to the forums, you’ve come to the right place for support as the users of this site have a wealth of experience and knowledge between them.

If you would like to talk to someone in confidence you may like to phone our helpline  where you can talk to a member of staff who are there to support you. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes

June, moderator

Hi B29
My niece is 19 and has multiple cysts in both breasts and has done for a few years, they can get quite painful but are perfectly harmless, don’t be scared to go to your doctor, that’s what she did and was reassured straight away of what they were, some are very soft feeling and some a bit firmer, I know it’s scary but at your age that’s all it’s likely to be but get yourself checked instead of worrying love Xx