1st FEC last Friday - scared because no side effects so far

I know I should be grateful because I feel normal. But I’m scared that something awful will happen like all my hair will drop out at once. Or that I’ve got no side effects because I’m riddled with cancer so it hasn’t affected normal cells.
My boyfriend now says that he spoke to his elderly uncle who had chemo for leukaemia a couple of years ago and the uncle said you only get ill on the 2nd or 3rd chemo. Boyfriene now claims he knows that the chemo nurses only give you a low dose the first time otherwise people would not come back and they tell you ther worst case scenario about side effects?
Have i only been given a small dose. I only had a red wee once even though I had Epiruibicin. I heard the nurses say FEC 55 and/or FEC 75 when they were checking the medication.
Am I going to be given bigger doses and be really ill? Have I been lulled into a false sense of security?

Hi IWTL!
Everyone reacts differently - I had 6xFEC, and had pretty much no side effects for FEC1. My hair fell out days 13/14/15 (though it never fell out completely).
My worst chemo was number 2 - and it got easier from then on. I can only assume my body just got used to it.
I only weed red once each cycle - that is as expected if you are hydrated.
The dose is calculated according to your height and weight - no way are they going to under-dose you just so you don’t mind the side effects!

Peg

Turns out that side effects are just how your body reacts to the drugs, and a worse reaction DOESN’T mean it is working better. Few side effects are just your good luck. They may get a bit worse as the drugs build up in your system, but lots of people only have minor SEs.
Don’t worry–they almost certainly haven’t screwed up, and DEFINITELY the nurses are not deciding the dosage “on the fly”!! Nor will they hit you with the full strength next time–unless you gain or lose a lot of weight the dosage will stay the same.

Hi IWTL
Everyone reacts differently and some like yourself have minimal SEs, but they can vary. I took it one day at a time and really enjoyed every minute of the days when you are feeling OK. I met a lady who was out shopping on the days I felt awful and we had our chemo at a similar time. It sounds like you are doing the right thing and keeping hydrated. They very carefully measure the dose and it is pre prescribed for you. Good luck with everything. x